four legged friends/babies

Discussions about your pets!
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

now i will admit when my daughter was young i loved my cats. (Never had dogs) but they were our pets. Now that she is grown and left the NEST. The BABIES i have now, are just that. My four legged kids. My youngest pup. Put it this way i was turning 50 and needed a BABY. I carried her everywhere. the first 4 mos. of her life. now she is 8 mos. and 30lbs. still wants to sit in my lap and be carried. OOOPPS. Am i am the only CRAZY LADY?? I have 3 of each, cats and dogs,:):wah:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

You are not alone!!

I now have 3 dogs. Ive always had dogs but one at a time then my 'baby' Max died a cross St Berard Bouvier he weighed in at 60 kilos (120 pounds) and he was the most wonderful friend anyone could wish for. I had held him for the first time when he was 1 day old and I held him in my arms as he died just 3 weeks before his 8th birthday.

I didn't want another dog I didn't want anyone I cried for 3 days solid, I was even given a weeks compassionate leave from work!

Then 3 months later I woke up at 4am to the sound of someone creeping about in my house. Luckily my OH was home and we charged down the stairs yelling and scared them off.

The next day we went to the animal shelter and adopted Oscar a Border collie who had been beaten and abused to the brink of death. He was only 8 months old.

He responded well and bloomed when given love and attention. He is my friend and protector.

Benny followed 9 months later a badly traumatized Beagle he's sweet. If strange, autistic is the best way to discribe him.

Then 2 years ago my son came home with a small half wild jack russell cross not quite a year old he had been dumped in a field alongside the motorway. His collar was missing there was no tattoo or microchip and we tried in vain to find his owners.

I thought 3 dogs would be too much so at first I tried to place him but he kept coming back with a list of problems a mile long. Problems he never exhibited while with me! After coming back for the third time we decided to keep him and Remy joined the family ( Remy is Dutch for alone in the world).

That little boy is so in love with me, he follows me everywhere if Im home he is always there by my side. If I go out he sits in my chair til I get home.

I spoil them I know I do they have day beds and at night they all come upstairs Remy and Benny have soft beds and a fleece blanket they get into bed and I drape the blanket over them.

Oscar has his big cushion next to my bed and waits for me to pat him goodnight before he settles down.

they will all sit on my lap, one at a time of course! they get the best food I can afford, fresh meat, fish, best type of dog biscuit loads of toys and I take them on as many country walks as possible Oscar loves to swim so we go to a doggy beach specially for him.

Yes I love them dearly.. I'm know as 'the lady with the dogs' and I don't care. Unlike people I know my 'boys' will never let me down.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

:-6
southern yankee

Victoria;921528 wrote: You are not alone!!

I now have 3 dogs. Ive always had dogs but one at a time then my 'baby' Max died a cross St Berard Bouvier he weighed in at 60 kilos (120 pounds) and he was the most wonderful friend anyone could wish for. I had held him for the first time when he was 1 day old and I held him in my arms as he died just 3 weeks before his 8th birthday.

I didn't want another dog I didn't want anyone I cried for 3 days solid, I was even given a weeks compassionate leave from work!

Then 3 months later I woke up at 4am to the sound of someone creeping about in my house. Luckily my OH was home and we charged down the stairs yelling and scared them off.

The next day we went to the animal shelter and adopted Oscar a Border collie who had been beaten and abused to the brink of death. He was only 8 months old.

He responded well and bloomed when given love and attention. He is my friend and protector.

Benny followed 9 months later a badly traumatized Beagle he's sweet. If strange, autistic is the best way to discribe him.

Then 2 years ago my son came home with a small half wild jack russell cross not quite a year old he had been dumped in a field alongside the motorway. His collar was missing there was no tattoo or microchip and we tried in vain to find his owners.

I thought 3 dogs would be too much so at first I tried to place him but he kept coming back with a list of problems a mile long. Problems he never exhibited while with me! After coming back for the third time we decided to keep him and Remy joined the family ( Remy is Dutch for alone in the world).

That little boy is so in love with me, he follows me everywhere if Im home he is always there by my side. If I go out he sits in my chair til I get home.

I spoil them I know I do they have day beds and at night they all come upstairs Remy and Benny have soft beds and a fleece blanket they get into bed and I drape the blanket over them.

Oscar has his big cushion next to my bed and waits for me to pat him goodnight before he settles down.

they will all sit on my lap, one at a time of course! they get the best food I can afford, fresh meat, fish, best type of dog biscuit loads of toys and I take them on as many country walks as possible Oscar loves to swim so we go to a doggy beach specially for him.

Yes I love them dearly.. I'm know as 'the lady with the dogs' and I don't care. Unlike people I know my 'boys' will never let me down. Do understand how you feel. My family starts with Fuzzbuttens my 8 year old cat who was born on my birthday. he is a true LAP CAT. but only if i am not alone. He does not like to share me with anyone. Then there is Billy Bob (Thorton) a very odd cat, He likes to be petted and patted like a DOG. kind of rough , for a cat. A very chatty cat. He is a sweety though. i can pick him up in odd ways, but nobody else better not try.

Then there is my sweety. Dudette, a mixed rat terrier. She is so well behavied. Well still has a mind of her own. When she was still a pup she would go with the neighbor boys to the bus stop, one more sadly she wanted to go too. well the bus driver hit her. i was at work. Somehow she dragged herself back home(We live in the country) When i got home. she fell down the stairs trying to come greet me. i rushed her to the vet. it was touch and go for about 5 weeks. that was 2 years ago. I still say praying to St. Francsis saved her. The vet said she would never be able to RUN again. SHE IS A RUNNING FOOL!! DR. Stevens calls her THE WONDER PUP. Then there is my baby Pippin. a mix bred Beagle. Dudette brought home Pippin's mom. I cared for her, but my husband said. She had to go and the litter. Well i fell hard for her one pup. My hubby could see that. So Pippin stayed. But i found a loving homes for momma and the other three pups. So i had my BABY. I also have 2 "FOSTER" kids. a really old yellow lab. Which we call Granny. Poor old lady. her face is Grey. Then a cat who will be a momma soon. Here we go again. Just call her Momma Cat. That's my family.:):wah:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

My fur friends and my feathered friend are and were members of my immediate family. I don't understand how it could be any other lesser way.
southern yankee

RedGlitter;921958 wrote: My fur friends and my feathered friend are and were members of my immediate family. I don't understand how it could be any other lesser way.

this is true. they never cuss you. or tell you they hate you. or leave you for another.;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

At one point I had 12 Dogs and 7 Cats....now Im down to 6 Dogs.....love them to bits;)Ohhhhh still have me geese and duck lol.....have a look at the family on my photo album;)If somebody loves animals there alright by me;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Carolly;922219 wrote: At one point I had 12 Dogs and 7 Cats....now Im down to 6 Dogs.....love them to bits;)Ohhhhh still have me geese and duck lol.....have a look at the family on my photo album;)If somebody loves animals there alright by me;)

Quite right, Carol. Animal lovers have a special bond with each other. And animals have ways of bringing people together. There have been people I wasn't crazy about for whatever foolish reason nor they me, and once we realized we were all animal lovers, and that we had something in common, the animosity disappeared. Pets were partly responsible for that. :-6

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”