E - collars

Discussions about your pets!
buttercup

E - collars

Post by buttercup »

An E-collar is an electric collar for those of you who dont know :mad:

Recently i was a member of a forum/society of my dog's breed. I quite happily participated there until the subject of prong collars came up. I gave my views politely on them (i dont agree with their use) anyway during this thread the subject of E collars came up, i had never heard of one & asked for a definition. When i was told they give dogs an electric shock & many were in favour of there use i knew it was time for me to be out of there. How anybody can justify electrocuting a dog is beyond me, further to that many people said it was personal choice & i should keep an open mind = WTF?

So i suppose if you have sex with your dog that should be personal choice & i should keep an open mind?

Has the world gone mad?
Victoria

E - collars

Post by Victoria »

Know how you feel E collar, prong/pinch collars, torture collars more like.

My father in law once looked after our Bouvier des Flanders X St Bernard, Max and a nieghbour gave him one of those pinch collars to help him with walking Max.

Whne I got home Max was terrified of going walkies. He backed away crying.

I found that ********** collar and snipped it into bits with a pair of bolt croppers. Told my neighbour if he ever came near me or my dog again I'd use them on his fingers!

Then again I feel the same about tail and ear docking done for cosmetic reasons and people who keep their dog constantly crated while its in the house.
Carolly

E - collars

Post by Carolly »

Bloody things should be banned fgs.So do the Police use them for training dogs???
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
RedGlitter

E - collars

Post by RedGlitter »

Buttercup,

when people say "it's a matter of personal choice" it means they know they're wrong and they don't want you challenging them. I know a few people here who will firmly disagree with me (and you) on this but sticking metal prongs into your dog's neck or shocking him thinking it takes the place of proper training is a load of sh*t. I don't care how cops do it or how trainers do it or how anyone does it, it's bogus. The scary thing is those people should KNOW BETTER if they're dog lovers and worth half the salt they think are.

You did well to get outta there!
buttercup

E - collars

Post by buttercup »

I should hope that there are not people here who agree with electrocuting dogs but if there are Red then as i say, the world's gone mad.

If you cant control your dog through love, patience, reward & consistency then you should not be allowed to own one. :mad:

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”