Carpet cleaner

Discussions about your pets!
buttercup

Carpet cleaner

Post by buttercup »

Kiesha just threw up on a cream colour carpet, great :rolleyes:

Now dont get me wrong she was kind enough to lick it all up but its still a nasty stain.

Ive tried that vanish foam stuff but its still there, tips on a stain removal please if you have any?
RedGlitter

Carpet cleaner

Post by RedGlitter »

Yuck.

Try applying some white vinegar to the stain, let it set a minute or so and then blot it up with towels.

I came across this:

Dawn dish washing detergent (a few drops in a cup of water) makes a decent carpet stain remover. It works especially well on greasy stains (maybe a teaspoonful to a cup of water). Use the original blue Dawn, and follow the process outlined above.

If you don't have Dawn out there I would say try any good liquid dishsoap. Make the solution like it says and apply to the stain, scrub with a rag and blot up.

I hope one of those works for you.
buttercup

Carpet cleaner

Post by buttercup »

Thanks Red, will try it. Sometimes they say liquid soaps can set the stain in & thats why i was worried to try it.

Is it ok to send the bill to you if it doesent work? :wah:
RedGlitter

Carpet cleaner

Post by RedGlitter »

Bill....? Um.....maybe just slide a chair over the stain....no one will ever know....:-3 :wah: :)
petunia

Carpet cleaner

Post by petunia »

RedGlitter;890563 wrote: Bill....? Um.....maybe just slide a chair over the stain....no one will ever know....:-3 :wah: :)

LOL awesome solution :wah:

The white vinegar and water trick is a great tip. Another good tip that has worked for me is to use club soda:

Club Soda gets stains out of carpets really well - eg. wine, when your dog vomits on the carpet. Pour the club soda on the stain and let it sit for a few seconds, then soak up using pressure.

(scottcommonsense.com/Tip.aspx?tipID=3078)
Nomad

Carpet cleaner

Post by Nomad »

Little Green Machine.........

Oh wait, only civilized nations have that kind of technology.

Sorry.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”