Another Cat Question

Discussions about your pets!
Pheasy

Another Cat Question

Post by Pheasy »

Well 2 questions.....

I have two 18 month old cats ( Codi and Pichu - brother and sister). They have both always been so close, playing and sleeping together. They adored each other.

The other day Codi used up all his 9 lives in about 20 mins., and spent one and half days at the vets. When he collapsed Pichu went crazy. When I brought him home she just kept hissing at him (I realise he probably didn't smell right, but my dogs, fairly quickly, realised it was him). Well now she is being quite horrible to him, she guards the food bowl, watches his every move and lashes out at him whenever he goes near her. We renamed her 'hissy, pissy, sissy'.

Also, Codi will not leave my side, and will not settle unless I do.

Can anyone explain these two weird changes? I hope things return to normal soon :-5
Pheasy

Another Cat Question

Post by Pheasy »

The good old days .....
Trunk Monkey

Another Cat Question

Post by Trunk Monkey »

I so wish I could help you but you should be asking the Vet these questions. I am not qualified and think a professional could help ;)
CARLA

Another Cat Question

Post by CARLA »

There is still something about Codi that Pichu doesn't like since his return from the vets. Might be the smell of the medicine, fur could be anything. Ask the vet on the next visit and seperate them when eating. Could be jealous since Codi has all your attention at the moment. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mia

Another Cat Question

Post by Mia »

I do know that dogs can be nasty when they sense another is ill, perhaps cats can be the same. I think asking your vet is the right answer.
moonpie

Another Cat Question

Post by moonpie »

That is strange behaviour, but it must be just the smell. Cats are weird that way, but I am sure they will be cuddling soon. That is a sweet picture of them. I am sure that they will be back to normal soon. Glad Codi is doing better.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”