aren't chihuahuas always like that?? :D
sunny104

Doggie Apparel

Post by sunny104 »

I love the first picture, too cute!! :D :-4
Chezzie

Doggie Apparel

Post by Chezzie »

awwww hes well cute, id buy stuff for my pooch but hubby would get me taking it back lol..
Sheryl

Doggie Apparel

Post by Sheryl »

Chihuahua's should be outlawed! All they do is yap! :D

He's cute Ice, for a little yappy anklebiter!

Yes I have issues with chihuahuas. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
koan

Doggie Apparel

Post by koan »

I had a gorgeous Scottish coat for my miniature pinscher but she wouldn't let me put it on her. She turned into some vicious alien creature every time I tried.
Sheryl

Doggie Apparel

Post by Sheryl »

Your lucky! My mom had 2, Spud passed on last year, so now she has Buttons whom I threaten daily to feed to my big dogs if she doesn't quit yapping. ( I wouldn't really feed her to my Bodee, he might choke) And my neighbors down the street have 2 they let run loose, and they yap all the time. I refer to them as Paco and Taco, surprised they haven't gotten ran over yet. :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
ksd75

Doggie Apparel

Post by ksd75 »

Both of my dogs, even thought they are big dogs, are very lean, thin furred dogs so I have coats for both of them.

Corvus has one coat.

Hannah has a couple. One is for hiking and visibility more than warmth. It's kind of like those safety orange visibility vests that hunters wear so they don't get shot....

Since Hannah resembles a deer, I thought it was probably a good idea. She also has a "junk" coat....one I don't mind her wearing if I know she's going to get filthy, and a nice coat that she wears when we go somewhere in public like a rescue event.

Hannah has a lot of "outfits" that are for show more than function. We do a lot of rescue meet and greets and a Great Dane wearing a cute outfit draws a lot of attention from folks who might normally walk right by..

And as far as collars go...good Lord, don't even ask. I have far too many to count and I should probably be in some sort of 12 step program for it...
Jerry

Doggie Apparel

Post by Jerry »

AngelEyes82;733754 wrote: Does anyone dress their dogs up? I am thinking about getting a coat for our Chihuahua because he's always shaking. I feel bad for him. :(

Oh, do I have to say? :o
Geronimo

Doggie Apparel

Post by Geronimo »

say what honey? :)
american parable

Doggie Apparel

Post by american parable »

Not so much a reply as a statement. Just want to publicly acknowledge my good and faithful friend Bella. She's nine years old and has a tumor growing inside - Inoperable. Anyway, she's slowed down quite a bit, but still eats with gusto, eliminates OK and lives to play "basketball" in the yard. She smiles when I say it's time to play!
cherandbuster

Doggie Apparel

Post by cherandbuster »

AEyes :)

I don't dress Buster at all -- as hubby says to me, "He's a DOG -- not a doll!!"

However, if Toby is really shivering from heat loss

I think it's a great idea

Or . . .

you can do what I do

I have set up heating pads on the floor around my home

and Buster always lies on one of them when he wants to snooze

I gotta keep my baby warm :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

qsducks

Doggie Apparel

Post by qsducks »

I don't own a dog but one day my daughter & I were in Old Navy and I had no idea they sold dog apparel, so I picked up this really cute "shirt" and said to my dd, what do you think of this for your cousin? I thought she was going to die laughing. Like I said, had no idea they sold dog apparel:wah:
Trunk Monkey

Doggie Apparel

Post by Trunk Monkey »

I have 2 Miniature Pinschers and only "dress them up" when I need to. Meaning coats and sweaters. They do, however, look pretty cool on the back of the motorcycle wearing their Harley Jackets :wah: I had a special carrier made so they can ride and be safe. You should see the faces of people when they see the jackets...it's priceless!
RedGlitter

Doggie Apparel

Post by RedGlitter »

american parable;823422 wrote: Not so much a reply as a statement. Just want to publicly acknowledge my good and faithful friend Bella. She's nine years old and has a tumor growing inside - Inoperable. Anyway, she's slowed down quite a bit, but still eats with gusto, eliminates OK and lives to play "basketball" in the yard. She smiles when I say it's time to play!

Aw, that's nice, AP. :) I'm sorry to hear about her situation though. I've been there myself.

AngelEyes, I think a sweater is a great idea. I put one on my cocker spaniel when he got old because he insisted on laying outside in the cold even though he'd shiver. His was fatly striped with red and white and he looked like a little candy cane. :-4 It's still hanging up in my closet even though he is not with us anymore.

I say yes to the sweater! :)

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”