Built a cat room!

Discussions about your pets!
Ciao, Bella!

Built a cat room!

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

My dream come true! A friend helped us build a cat room, or chicken coop if you will, for the cats. It's attached to the screened back porch, and we installed a cat door through the wall, so they can come and go at will. We sodded it, and will put in catnip plants, oat grass and garlic chives for them to gnaw on and hide in. No grass trimming will be done, so it's au naturel. (Come autumn, we may do so.)

We're going to put a piece of tree trunk in there, with plenty of branches, for them to climb on. No food or water out there, to avoid pests, but they can get that inside. The only problem we have is having to get them in when a thunderstorm comes along.

The best part is, it's next to our deck, where we have bird feeders hanging. They can see the birds up close, but can't get to them. Although, one tiny finch did get inside the other day, through a small gap. She got out though, and we're closing up the gap today.

I'll post pictures when we get the tree trunk installed, and the herbs and oat grass.
RedGlitter

Built a cat room!

Post by RedGlitter »

It sounds great, Ciao.

I look forward to seeing it. :)
YZGI

Built a cat room!

Post by YZGI »

So you have your very own Puzzy Parlor, very nice.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”