Rest in Peace Clyde

Discussions about your pets!
Lon

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by Lon »

Our beloved pet Clyde passed on, August of this year. He was 14 years old.

An 18 wheeler ran over and crushed poor Clyde as he was consuming his Road Kill Dinner on Highway 1. Rest in Peace Clyde. The neighbors small animals and pets will miss you as well.
abbey

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by abbey »

You had a vulture as a pet?

sorry for your loss Lon.
gmc

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by gmc »

abbey;591512 wrote: You had a vulture as a pet?

sorry for your loss Lon.

Thought it was a funny looking turkey.
zinkyusa

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by zinkyusa »

the road kill warrior becomes road kill himself. would that be the perfect death for a vulture?:thinking:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
guppy

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by guppy »

zinkyusa;591766 wrote: the road kill warrior becomes road kill himself. would that be the perfect death for a vulture?:thinking:

i was thinking even worse zinky..if lon leave clyde out there he might get another pet soon.....:sneaky:

ummm. sorry for your loss lon...
Sheryl

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by Sheryl »

wow your clyde looks alot like my father n law clyde. :thinking:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Carl44

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by Carl44 »

sorry for your loss lon

hope tis reminds you of clyde and makes you smile

Rest in Peace Clyde

Post by 911 »

Did you know that Turkey Vultures actually like people? There was a recorded instance of a vulture that followed a little boy to the school bus every morning and then followed him home in the afternoon. They do not circle any dying creature. It must be dead before they are interested in eating it.

Their feces is a sanitizing substance and the cleanest feces on earth? (Like that's saying a lot! LOL!) They tinkle on their legs to cool them off and to sanitize any bacteria that may be left over from their meals. Their head is bald so when they stick their head in a carcass the ick doesn't get stuck in their hair, right Jimbo? :wah:

If they find a large carcass, they will send a member of the family to notify the other families in the area that it's supper time.

They can soar for hours without ever flapping their wings.

They have been known to come back to the same place every year to roost. The mother and father both take care of the itty bitty ones.

OK. Class dismissed. You may return to recess now.

(I'm a bit of a fan of vultures. Can you tell? There's a lot in my neck of the woods.)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”