Wierd Day

Discussions about your pets!

Wierd Day

Post by 911 »

The other day was one of the strangest I've had in a while.

I saw a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while and we talked about his ex-wife who used to be a very good friend of mine. We talked about her and their child for a while and mostly it was nice. The ex-wife has changed a lot and not in the best way but it was good to keep up.

I got home and there was a call on my answering machine from my aunt whom I haven't heard from in a long time. I called her back and we talked about family and I learned a great deal more than I knew. It was good.

Earlier in the day, I was talking to a co-worker who had lost her second dog in as many weeks. She was very sad but she had been to the Humane Shelter looking for another dog. She was standing in the shelter and happened to notice a picture they had on the wall of a Golden with three balls in his mouth. She shouted, "I know him! His momma works with me!" My dog had been in the paper for the "Coolest Pet" contest and they had cut his pic out and put it on their wall. That was about ten years ago! They then took the picture from behind the desk and put it on the front wall so everyone would see it when they came in.

Meanwhile, she was trying to decide between a black lab and a (prepare for bad spelling here. . .) Weimerrainer. We were talking about it and she felt sorry for the 'Rainer but she had felt a connection to the black lab. I told her to call one of the Captains I know and have her call her friend who has one of those dogs. It had been a while since I had seen her and her dog and I didn't know if he was still with her. I told her to check and see if she wanted him.

She called me later and was crying and saying that she wanted to tell me about a miracle that had happened. (She's very emotional!) She had contacted the Captain and she called her friend and told her about the dog in the shelter. Later the Captain called my co-worker back and told her that she had found a home for the 'Rainer.

As it turned out the friend of the Captain dog sat for a friend who had recently lost his 'Rainer. Three days before. He owns over a hundred acres with a pond and was excited about the dog and ran down to the shelter to get him. This is where it gets weird . . . . he is the husband of a woman who died after a terrible accident. She had the accident and call 911, got another of my co-workers and as she was sending help the caller died of a heart attack while on the line. The operator was tortured over that call and has yet to get fully over it.

I just thought I would let you all know that LIFE IS JUST ONE BIG CIRCLE and if you wait long enough, there's always something good as it comes back around. :-4
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
RedGlitter

Wierd Day

Post by RedGlitter »

You're right 911. Its all connected somehow and there's no room for coinicidence.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”