Dog fighting

Discussions about your pets!
Ciao, Bella!

Dog fighting

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

This is a major problem in our area. In yesterday's local paper, there was an indepth article on this "sport". (Rest assured, I use the term loosely.)

It was so disturbing, along with the photos, I'll only post the link.

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE AND THE ACCOMPANYING PHOTOS ARE DISTURBING.

ETA: The link, and the story, have been removed, and are no longer available online. Sorry about that.

I'm struggling to write a concise, coherent letter to the editor now.

And, for the record, pit bulls are amazing pets! I've had more than one, and never had a problem with them.
LilacDragon

Dog fighting

Post by LilacDragon »

Ciao, Bella!;540654 wrote: This is a major problem in our area. In yesterday's local paper, there was an indepth article on this "sport". (Rest assured, I use the term loosely.)

It was so disturbing, along with the photos, I'll only post the link.

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE AND THE ACCOMPANYING PHOTOS ARE DISTURBING.

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 70/-1/NEWS

The name of the article is "Rescue Me".

I'm struggling to write a concise, coherent letter to the editor now.

And, for the record, pit bulls are amazing pets! I've had more than one, and never had a problem with them.

Are we reading the same article? The one I read was about a woman who saves pit bulls and a very honest, positive opinion of the breed and the pictures were of three very lovely dogs.

I sure hope that the letter you are planning to send the editor is a kudos!
Sandi

Ciao, Bella!

Dog fighting

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

Oh, crap! They moved the darn article. Let me dig for it, and I'll post the corrected link ASAP.
LilacDragon

Dog fighting

Post by LilacDragon »

Ciao, Bella!;540677 wrote: Oh, crap! They moved the darn article. Let me dig for it, and I'll post the corrected link ASAP.

Thank goodness. I was wondering why you would be upset about the story that I was reading. Unless, of course, you hated pit bulls and wanted them all dead. :-1
Sandi

RedGlitter

Dog fighting

Post by RedGlitter »

We have fighting rings where I live too. Probably every state does, sadly enough. Here the cops claim they know we have one, yet not much if anything is being done about it. Itw as just some years back that Arizona voted to outlaw cockfighting and that was a hard vote to win. There are still some people around- some very prominent people, who claim c.ock fighting and dogfighting as "part of our heritage." Can you believe? :mad:

May I suggest www.badrap.org as a good place to get accurate info about bull terriers?

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”