animal shelter help

Discussions about your pets!
Paula

animal shelter help

Post by Paula »

you need to have shelter and warmth, advertise for donations of food...once you start taking in strays, by word of mouth, your animals will multiply quickly.. :-6
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
abbey

animal shelter help

Post by abbey »

tonyskitten wrote: hello all im going to be trying to have a animal shelter in my own house (a small animal shelter) ;) and im having trouble finding out what i need to beable to do that and i really want to do it please help me thank you
Although it's a very admirable thing that you are thinking of , i think that you should take several things into consideration.

You say " a small animal" shelter, just how small? because when word gets around that you take in strays & unwanted pets you'll be inundated.

You will need to have some sort of compound to seperate some animals.

The cost; i noted in a previous message you asked for help in finding somewhere to sell some of your fiances football cards as you needed the money.

I don't know whereabouts you live, but here in the uk vetinary bills don't come cheap.

I assume that you would be looking to place animals eventually into well chosen homes, its a sad fact but unfortunatly not everyone looking for a pet wants an elderly animal.

Your home life; how big is small? do you have neighbours who would complain about the noise? ( not all of us are animal lovers )

Time; it can be very time consuming caring for a scared abandoned animal, this being my most important point, not all animals are grateful to be rescued & they need lots of love & attention, it takes more than a can of food & a bed for the night to win their trust.

Saying all that, ( sorry i do tend to ramble ) i wish you luck in your very admirable journey.
valerie

animal shelter help

Post by valerie »

I think I would have to say please consider the zoning laws where you

live, what you are planning might not be allowed.

To satisfy your urge to help, maybe if you couldn't do your own shelter

you could volunteer to help at one, or some organization that helps

seniors/AIDS patients keep their pets. (Walking them, feeding them,

taking them to vet visits).

I wish you much luck whatever your path!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”