What kind of Pets does everyone have?

Discussions about your pets!
G-man

Post by G-man »

Do you have issues with her crossing your path? :p

I've got a Parson Jack Russell Terrier ...plus a number of wild animals that apparently want to be considered as pets... one is a wolf that is curled up on a bench on my porch outside, this very moment. :wah:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

pennyforyourthoughts

Post by pennyforyourthoughts »

I have a Yorkshire Terrier and I love him to bits. He has been with me for twelve years now and he's my faithful friend who follows me everywhere. Wouldn't be without him!
listeranta

Post by listeranta »

capt_buzzard wrote: A friend's cats
the white cat on white sofa is a beautiful image. William is soooooo handsome.

Thanks for sharing x
listeranta

Post by listeranta »

CeltWmn wrote: I have a 100 lb Akita named Zeus, a 5 lb Shih Tzu named Angus Og, and until recently a cat named Isis. (I know, all my animals are named after one god or another!) Sorry, it's not a great picture of them!

Akitas must be one of my fave breeds. A friend of mine has a dog Akita called King. He's very powerful and seems to know that I'm weak but takes little advantage, unless a bitch comes within 200 yds: then he prances towards them, tail curled tightly, head high, me bouncing along behind!

He is so smart tho: his owner will take him outside and command him to "empty!", and he does, so long as you don't watch! He is as proud as his name suggests and I love him.
Allie

Post by Allie »

I have 3 cats:

1 boy Milo(4yrs) 17lb cream/ginger tabby

and 2 girls, Georgie(2yrs) grey &white tuxedo 8lbs

& Lucky(3mos) black/brown tabby...just a kitten.

Pics attached. :-4

Attached files
OLIN

Post by OLIN »

Charlie:

[img=http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4768 ... 1jd.th.jpg]

He likes (or is that dislikes?) bare legs.
webbie

Post by webbie »

I HAVE AN ENGLISH BULLDOG, A GERMAN SHEPARD, TWO HOUSE CATS, 5 LlAMAS, 4 HORSES AND A FISH NAMED SLIMMY. (i did not name it) MY 18 MONTH OLD GRANDSON DID.
"WHAT ME WORRY!":-5
webbie

Post by webbie »

ALL CAAMELIDS WILL SPIT IF THEY FEEL THREATENED. THAT IS THE WAY OTHER CAMELIDS KNOW IF ONE IS MAD AT THE OTHER. WHEN A CAMEL SPITS IT CAN SPIT 3 DIFFERENT FORMUALS. THEY LET THE OTHERS EXACTLY WHAT THEY MEAN. A FORM OF COMMUNICATING. I USA THE LlAMAS FOR THEIR WOOL, AND I HAVE TWO OF THEM THAT I TAKE TO NURSING HOMES, SCHOOLS, AND THINGS LIKE THAT. THATS ALL I USE THEM FOR THEY ARE JUST PETS. I GOT ALL OF THEM AT DIFFERENT TIMES FROM THE LlAMA RESCUE LEAGUE, WHO HAD THEM BECAUSE THEIR ORIGIONAL OWNERS WERE MISTREATING THEM AR COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF THEM ANY MORE OR FOR WHAT EVER OTHER REASON, THEY HAD FOR GETTING RID OF THEM. I HAVE 4 ALPACAS COMING SOON, NOT SURE EXACTLY . THEY ARE ALSO COMING FROM THE RESCUE LEAGUE. THEY WERE BADLY UNDERFED AND WERE ON DEATHS DOOR, SO WHEN THEY ARE WELL ON THEIR WAY TO GETTING WELL, I WILL GET THEM. THEIR WOOL IS BETTER THAN LlAMAS.
OLIN

Post by OLIN »

SnoozeControl wrote: It must be my monitor but that cat's purple! He's very cute.
It's black with a magenta tinge - he was caught in the overspray when I painted my bike.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Look at the advantages of owning a vulture, as I do. Despite their dysmal depictions in literature and films, they are a loving, caring bird. Our "Boris" looks lovingly at our neigbors cats and dogs and he is really wonderful with older people.

Boris loves table scraps, particularly chicken bones and pork bones, but he will eat just about anything. We got Boris free, as a hatchling, from near the Mojave Desert. That was 10 years ago. Our vet says we can expect him to live another 10 years or so. Boris prefers the out of doors, so he perches on the cornice of our roof and never flies away for long. He knows when I come home and will greet me by making big circles over the house and then making these cute screeching noises, wanting to be fed.

Unfortunately, Boris passed on yesterday. It was a sad event as he choked on a piece of carrion that he had been eating. His many friends are circling the house now in his honor.

Local Time: 08:03 AM

Local Date: 10-28-2005

webbie

Post by webbie »

LON SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS. I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD OF STRANGE PETS. YOU WIN HANDS DOWN. SOUNDED LIKE A NEET PET.:yh_sad :yh_sad :yh_sad
Allie

Post by Allie »

SnoozeControl wrote: It must be my monitor but that cat's purple! He's very cute.
Sometimes greyish kitties look bluish or purple depending on which way the sun is reflecting on their fur. Our Georgie looks blue all the time :confused:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I have five personal dogs: a cocker, a dalmation, a bassett, a Pom-chihuahua mix and an alleged akita mix but I think he looks more like a large coyote.

I have three cats: a tortoiseshell, a Himalayan and a white tabby. All my pets are rescued animals, we just happened to get some purebreds, it wasn't intentional.

I am also fostering nine dogs of large, assorted mixed breeds.
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

RedGlitter wrote: I have five personal dogs: a cocker, a dalmation, a bassett, a Pom-chihuahua mix and an alleged akita mix but I think he looks more like a large coyote.

I have three cats: a tortoiseshell, a Himalayan and a white tabby. All my pets are rescued animals, we just happened to get some purebreds, it wasn't intentional.

I'd sure hate to be the one having to do Poop Patrol in your yard :D , I thought

the mega doodooers the pitti kids here were bad, but you really have a load to deal with each week.... bad pun was not intened it just happened :-3

Ours are rescue dogs too .. if I was not in such an urban area and had a lot of land and no nosey/witchey neighbors (psst psst hear me Chrystyna ???)

I'd probably have as many as you plus a few horses to boot.

I wish more people were not into the puppy mill stuff and would go to shelters and adopt more of the good pets that have been abandoned for ridiculous purposes by their dumb owners.

Our female who is a pit/corgi mix of all things.. came from the inner city of chicago. Whoever had a female that had this litter didn't want them and put them all out on the street to fend for themselves with other abandoned dogs or just get killed in traffic or abused by the gangbangers... she found her way to our parking lot by our factory and the guys adopted her..long story but months later she was in my house terrorizing my male doberman who was 4 times her size but Mr. Whimpy.. once they settled down and got along there was no way I'd get rid of her. That was almost 11 years ago - she's been a good loving pet, good temperment and a great watchdog.

Our male who is purebred for show was bought from a breeder that breeds for show and pet by some jerk that had to have the "expensive pitbull" to impress his friends.. about the first week of housebreaking (as he told the shelter) he had his fill and dumped Max there with 2 weeks payment for food and shelter ...shelter sent him to the local pitbull rescue group who had us on their

Call list for a young pup of any sex... we got the call and drove the 500 miles to Minneapolis and brought him back that weekend. He's mommy's 86# boy...he and the female are like the bobsey twins, always together.. he's very sweet and

loving and a big clown like most pits but he is very dog agressive, that's the only problem with him. Good watch dog too - his size and breed and that bark do the job.

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
valerie

Post by valerie »

RedGlitter wrote: I have five personal dogs: a cocker, a dalmation, a bassett, a Pom-chihuahua mix and an alleged akita mix but I think he looks more like a large coyote.

Red Glitter, you ROCK!!

:yh_clap :yh_clap
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

The Red One

Post by The Red One »

I have a pit bull. He already had a name when I bought him. His name is Hooch. We bought him so our kids would have a pet to grow up with and vise versa. We actually saved him from the people we bought him from, they were irresponsible and changed pets weekly like you'd wash dishes or do laundry weekly...constantly. He is 7 years old in dog years and a wonderful addition to our family. We were playing with our youngest son in the back yard once and he screamed and Hooch's hairs stood straight up and he started growling at the hubby and I. That let us know he was protective of the boys and would take care of someone that was actually hurting them. He's a wonderful dog and we will be lost once he leaves us.

There are all sorts of rumors about pit bulls. Our house insurance is like $300 more a month due to his breed only. The insurance guy came by while we were gone and even told us, when he spoke to the hubby on the phone, that we had a great dog. He didn't growl at him, just walked up to him wagging his tail waiting to be pet. That's one thing I love about him, the dog that is, he lets us know who's good and who's bad. He'll growl at the ones he doesn't like and waits to be pet by the ones he does like.

But unfortunately with every good story comes a bad story. We had this kid in the neighborhood that was known to torture animals, not just dogs either but ALL animals. He'd come by while we were gone and tease Hooch, like throw rocks and sticks at him, tease him with dog treats, the list goes on. When I found out what the kid was doing I asked him if he saw the Beware of Dog sign on my tree, yeah I do, alright then, Hooch has never attacked anyone and animals, especially dogs, do not take to being mistreated at all, you need to stay away while we are gone and you are not allowed to go near him without an adult with you. The boy didn't listen. He was teasing Hooch again and next thing I knew he was screaming. I got to him and saw Hooch had gotten him, luckily it wasn't with his teeth, he had jumped up and scratched the kids face, kinda like a cat would. The kid ended up with butterfly bandaides and he never bothered the dog again, but then he wasn't allowed to come back either. His dad wanted the name and number of our home owners insurance because "this had happened to his son before", and I wouldn't give it to him, no police report was made either, he just let it go once I told him my dog WAS, and still is, on a run and that his son after being told not to go near him without an adult had disobeyed the rules. That his son knew exactly what he was doing and if he wanted to go to court fine we'd go. I have a No Tresspassing and Beware of Dog signs up in plain sight and not only were/are there written warnings there was also the verbal warning his son had been given, therefore his son paid no attention to any of them and since his son did tresspass without permission either he or his son would being going to jail. The man didn't say another word and our end of the street has been peaceful since. :D
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

Pits truly are the demon dogs of the moment... I can remember years back when it was German Shepherds, Dobermans, Rotti's... problem is there are no bad dogs unless there are bad people to make them that way. I do work with some the Pit groups that try and get the good dog press out vs. the bad and the hype..

unbelievable how stupid the media is .. if it bites they call it a pitbull. In Chicago

everything is a pitbull.. I fell over laughing one night when they showed this "gang" of dogs that were wild vicious pitbulls on the southside.. I wanted to dial the station and tell the mornons "people run in gangs".. Dogs are PACK animals and there was not a pitbull in the news piece you flammers ran.. I saw 3 lab mixes, couple of sheperd mixes and a smaller dog ... but not a pit or pitbull

mix in site.

Our dogs were raised with our kids when they were older, the female was tortured as a pup on the streets by the kids by our factory which is in the inner city so she hates small kids. She's never tried to bite them she just wants to get as far from them as she can and not have to be around them. My male who's never really been around small kids likes to play with them if they can keep up with his energy. He often growls at my husband if husband grabs me to fool around and be funny, kiss me anything like that .. he will do the same if my daughter's husbands do to them like mine does.. he's very protective.

When he was about 3 (he's 8 now) friend of husband's does side jobs painting and was doing some work for us.. he had to bring his son with who was about 6-7 at that time... Max was in heaven with a 7 year old to play with all day long and that's exactly what they did. We found them curled up together and sleeping after they tired each other out. The guy has a temper and when the son didn't listen to something he said he moved towards him to either grab him or spank hiim.. and Max jumped inbetween them literally protecting the kid and growled

at the father.. when the father yelled at Max to get out of his way and went for his kid, Max grabbed him by the arm and held on without biting to break the skin and just kept growling at him until he backed off and walked out of the room.

He complained to me about it and I told him - Max like most pits is very protective of his home and family and others he thinks is "friend" and is threatened... since he knows you he was "warning" you... had you been a stranger I would have had my hands full !!!

Because Max is purebred I don't want problems with anyone and where we live has ordinance against fences to keep the open semirural atmosphere.. so I have him on a heavy rope like they use to tie up the yachts and big boats on Lake Michigan.. its staked deep into the ground behind the house.. he has the run of the length and width of the patio and a good portion of the side yard in the grass and under the trees for shade, he can get off the patio and into the rear yard by

about 20 feets - so he has room to move around when he's out without being tied on a short chain or in a run. Kylee is loose she will not leave the yard or the patio since we have people with kids on one side and behind us.. she wants nothing to do with them, if she's out sunning herself and they come out to play she wants IN immediately when she sees or hears them.

Back to work so I can call it an early day..

Happy Holidays to ALL !!!

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
LondonFan of MJ!

Post by LondonFan of MJ! »

I am a huge animal lover!!

I have two bunnies

1 Guinea pig

1 Cat

1 Tortoise

2 Budgies

And pleanty of fish.

My favourite animals are rabbits!! :-4
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

It's not nice to upset others.

This place isn't stricked enough.

Mods please ban me for good.

Thank you.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

LondonFan of MJ!;559666 wrote: I am a huge animal lover!!

I have two bunnies

1 Guinea pig

1 Cat

1 Tortoise

2 Budgies

And pleanty of fish.

My favourite animals are rabbits!! :-4

:wah: :wah: And you have time to work :thinking:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

LondonFan of MJ!

Post by LondonFan of MJ! »

SuzyB;559670 wrote: :wah: :wah: And you have time to work :thinking:

lol yes!

They are my babies:-4
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

It's not nice to upset others.

This place isn't stricked enough.

Mods please ban me for good.

Thank you.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Just Trixie..my chinchilla.
Delilah

Post by Delilah »

RedGlitter! Awww wow..that is so amazing. I envy you! And you have a bassett hound? That's so awesome. My mother would flip out with jealousy. lol Her dog that just passed away, he was part Bassett. She became fairly obsessed over hounds. But they are really cute. :-6

I have a dog..lab/sheppard mix.

And a bunny.

Wish I could have more, but live in an apartment renting. Lucky they let us have these two!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I've seen your guys and they're adorable, Delilah! :-4

Marie's Trixie is cute too. I love seeing and hearing about everyone's pets. I'm weird that way: show me kids and grandkids and that's nice but show me your pets and I'm so there! :wah:
Ciao, Bella!

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

A set of Maine Coons, twins. Ginger has an orange nose, Paprika an orange left cheek. That's about the only way to tell them apart.

Domino is a Tuxedo cat, black suit with white shirt, shoes, and a skinny black tie. He looks very 1980s!

Boo is another Tuxedo, white, with a black tail. He belongs to my niece.

Jr. is a black domestic shorthair. At 18 months old, she weighs less than five pounds, as she was abandoned by her mother when only two weeks old. She, along with the twins, was handfed. (Yes, she is a female, and her name is Jr. We thought she was a boy at first, hence the name. Meaner than a snake, too.)

Mae is a King Charles spaniel. She belonged to the friend I took care of when she was dying of cancer.

Tootsie is a miniature dachshund, and a sock/shoe stealer. She is also neurotic. Drives me crazy!
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i used to have pet head lice but they froze to death :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Well I have 9 dogs and no I dont breed lol. I have Maltese, Lasos, Yorkie and Shitzues ......can never spell that right lol. Ok wait for their names as many find them amusing............can't think why!!!

Bobby (nice normal name dont you think)

Bonny(love that name)

Bindi (lovely Irish name)

Ziggy (mental Yorkie!!)

Tammy (Laso Apso that drives me mad lol)

Honey (her just as mental sister!)

Now your thinking.....so whats wrong with those names.........well this is where the fun starts lol

BooBoo..........Oh dont ask lol

Baby BooBoo......her son and heir lol

And my dear little 2kg Maltese that has just come back from the "dead".She fell and her brain swelled and everyone wrote her off but I forced baby food down her and water and wouldnt have her put to sleep even though she couldn't even walk and many times just lay there looking as if her time was near. But where theres life...............now shes back to being naughty....just as I like it!!!Oh her name???? Lucylulu!!!!:)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Carolly;592188 wrote: Well I have 9 dogs and no I dont breed lol. I have Maltese, Lasos, Yorkie and Shitzues ......can never spell that right lol. Ok wait for their names as many find them amusing............can't think why!!!

Bobby (nice normal name dont you think)

Bonny(love that name)

Bindi (lovely Irish name)

Ziggy (mental Yorkie!!)

Tammy (Laso Apso that drives me mad lol)

Honey (her just as mental sister!)

Now your thinking.....so whats wrong with those names.........well this is where the fun starts lol

BooBoo..........Oh dont ask lol

Baby BooBoo......her son and heir lol

And my dear little 2kg Maltese that has just come back from the "dead".She fell and her brain swelled and everyone wrote her off but I forced baby food down her and water and wouldnt have her put to sleep even though she couldn't even walk and many times just lay there looking as if her time was near. But where theres life...............now shes back to being naughty....just as I like it!!!Oh her name???? Lucylulu!!!!:)

Oops forgot about the Ducks, Geese and Cat............SORRY!!!!:-5
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Joannee;592260 wrote: And don't you just love them to bits Carol, well done.

Jimbo *you are awful but I like you*always an answer for everything lol.

:wah: ;)

Joan yes I do!!! ere mate how do you do your lovely pictures here......mail me Joan pleaseeeeeeeeeeee x:-5 :wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Joannee;592288 wrote: :cool: Will do Carol and very best of luck with your new thread

*Life changing experiences*

Yer tis then!!

When you have replied to a posting and before you send it, scroll down to

Manage Attachments and you should be able to select a photo/picture/gif from your own computor, after you have clicked on one of the browse buttons.

Click on your choice and then click upload it and it should appear on your reply message, I always do a Preview post afterwards to make sure it is on your reply and if it is then press Submit reply.

I hope this explanation isn't as clear as mud lol, but I am still feeling my way around the threads as well.:-4Joan yer a clever old stick mate, wanna come to Essex and do it for me...........cup of tea is waiting lol x:guitarist :driving:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Joannee;592290 wrote: ;) Hang on Carol I will get my bike out and fix Dougal in a basket on the front and he will be able to play with your nine dogs:wah:Ooh Joan.................now yer showing off!!!!lol:mad: :p
Helen

Post by Helen »

i have a springer spaniel called wallace ( his dad is called grommitt )

he had a dubious start in life as he is the result of a meeting held behind a christmas tree by his parents !! unfortunately his mum and dad are brother and sister ( she came to stay for christmas ) so we got a little more than we bargained for that year. :-3

however, though he is smaller than the average springer, he has no health problems though his top jaw is slightly deformed. he's a wonderful companion who i've now had for six years. he was very easy to train, loves dirt, mud, water and anything else that makes him smell disgusting.

i also have a cockateil called jc. ( looked after a parrot for some time, called jake, so hence jc, jakes cousin ) :D she dosnt do much except whistle a lot and she loves baked beans.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Helen;593540 wrote:

i also have a cockateil called jc. ( looked after a parrot for some time, called jake, so hence jc, jakes cousin ) :D she dosnt do much except whistle a lot and she loves baked beans.

One surely follows the other :wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Bryn Mawr;593547 wrote: One surely follows the other :wah:
lol!!!!:wah: :)
Mia

Post by Mia »

I have a very odd looking tiny thirteen year old dog who rules the roost.A tank of tropical fish.A garden pond full of frogs.I did have some goldfish in there but they seem to have gone walkies :-3
Helen

Post by Helen »

Bryn Mawr;593547 wrote: One surely follows the other :wah:

memo to self,

must learn to read what i've writen before i post !!:wah:
novak

Post by novak »

Aw, that brought tears to my eyes...

I have a little doggie called Ralph - a Maltese Schitzu. I love him to death and he loves me.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”