What kind of Pets does everyone have?

Discussions about your pets!
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

RosiePosieTook wrote: I have a golden retriever named Maxamillion Robespire, 2 cats(which are actuallly my boyfriends) named tweaker and frodo, 7 hermit crabs, 5 catfish, and 2 frogs, and i love them all

I have 2 cats; one a Persian and the other a half-British Blue. would also love to have a dog (St Leonburger) but not in enough to take it for walks, etc,

-John
abbey

Post by abbey »

Sounds like you have a full house as it is!

I used to have a herd of goats, and had two pygmy nannies called Snitch and Snatch, so cute x.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I've had many pets in my life but my favorite were the Duroc pigs. We got them as weeners and they would come into the house via the dog door and sit and watch TV with us. When they got too big to get in dog door they quit coming in the house (ever tried to get a 300 pound pig out of the house?) but they would stick their heads in the dog door and snort at everyone hoping for a treat.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

well i have anoles(lizards),poisonous snakes and alligators.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Who Dares...Wins

Attached files
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

A seal-point Siamese that is the smartest critter in the house..................

>^..^<
abbey

Post by abbey »

Geniuspc's wrote: I have a 4 year old long haired moggy called lucy and a 18month old german shepherd dog called ozzy, hes gorgeousHiya Genius welcome to the Garden, good to have you around,

you're sure to get along with Valerie who also has a lovely GSD called Tamsen x
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

One MAN 6'1, Dark Hair, Brown Eyes, 230 lbs. :-6 his name is Vaynee.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
valerie

Post by valerie »

Geniuspc's wrote: Your dead right there. He used to be so naughty he has cost me a fortune, he has chewed the rubber seal on the washing machine it cost me £140.00 for a new seal, my husbands mobile phone, 5 dog leads, 3 harnesses, and lately the foot stool to my husbands massage chair. Love him.Hi there!! Sounds like Ozzy (great name!) needs to get out and about

more!! And maybe needs a crate for when you can't watch him!!

A tired puppy is a good puppy!!

Have you tried "Kongs"? Fill them with peanut butter, and put them in

the freezer. Ozzy will spend forever trying to get pb out!

Post a picture sometime maybe!!

:yh_wink
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

aflicki

Post by aflicki »

2 cats and 1 dog (Shiba Inu)
dogmom

Post by dogmom »

I have four dogs. A Chow-Chow, who at 5 is clearly the leader of my pack, (after me, of course). An 11 year old Min-Pin, still a puppy at heart and a full size Doberman in his mind. A golden retriever, just turned 1, my son's pride and joy, and my 15 month old Chow/Akita/GSD mix who is my friend, co-worker, and source of pride, determination and joy!
ubetta

Post by ubetta »

I've got a golden retriever named Clipper and a German Shepard named Wyatt.

Both are males. They both have distinct personalities, get along great and I couldn't be happier with them. :-6
valerie

Post by valerie »

ubetta wrote: I've got a golden retriever named Clipper and a German Shepard named Wyatt.

Both are males. They both have distinct personalities, get along great and I couldn't be happier with them. :-6

Hi, fellow shepherd lover!!

(Golden's are great, too!)

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

SweetDarlin

Post by SweetDarlin »

I've had many dogs and cats along the way... most of my dogs were Sheps or Labs. I now live in an apartment and have 1 rabbit, 1 parakeet and 12 zillion fish (or 12.)
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
ubetta

Post by ubetta »

valerie wrote: Hi, fellow shepherd lover!!

(Golden's are great, too!)

;)

Thank you. :) To be honest, I was scared to death of German's until I owned one. This is my second. The first, a female, was a skitzy dog. Great with adults, hated children and you had to watch her carefully. This one, male, HUGE, is a teddy bear with everyone. Only time his hair ever went up was when a friend of ours (a cop) came over packing and the dog just KNEW something was out of place. Smart as a whip.

I always had goldens. Used to raise the little buggers for a while. I don't think there's anything cuter than a golden pup. And HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :wah:

That's what I mean...both smart as anything and both with wonderful personalities. But very different.
lou-lou

Post by lou-lou »

I have three cats a ginger tom called squeak, A black fat one called james, A black and white female called pip, Three fishtanks and a pond with loads of wildlife in it:D
Bez

Post by Bez »

I have 8 goldfish in my small raised pond.

9 frogs in my small gound level pond....they come and go though !!

I used to have cats who I loved dearly, but it was too heartbreaking when they were ill or died of old age, that I haven't had any for many years.

:)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lou-lou

Post by lou-lou »

We used to have 5 cats but one ran away when we moved house and i had to have the other put to sleep earlier this year. He had liver failure and was quite ill he'd been run over as a kitten and the vet thought that had caused it!! We really miss him he was 6 and a darling, We've buried him in the garden so he is near us, We have goldfish,koi carp and tench in the pond,One of the frogs looks like he has a mask on so my daughter has named hin Zorro!!!!:yh_giggle
Lectronicman

Post by Lectronicman »

3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 hampsters, 2 ferrits, 1 iguana & 1 wife......:D
pigeonpie

Post by pigeonpie »

I did have cats but unfortunately they have died with there old age.

BUT

i still have my parrot Arnie who is my baby and love him dearly. He is a hahns macaw (minute family of the macaws) and he is 13 year old.

he was my wedding present to myself and bought him at 3 months old and love him dearly

karen x
labgirl39

Post by labgirl39 »

I have:

2 Chihahaus (sp) Leah & Suzzie

1 black lab-Sophie

2 Chocolate Labs- Gracie, Maggie

2 Golden Retrievers, Vidalia-Boogie

3 Muts-Rufus,Sporty,Black fuzzy dog

7 new born labs puppies

5 fish
valerie

Post by valerie »

Whoa, Labgirl, that's some canine action ya got goin' on there!

:)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Dizz

Post by Dizz »

I have a 1 yo pet Bull Snake who loves to climb to his roof and fall down randomly.

I also have a desert tortoise that was domesticly bred that likes to walk around with a strawberry in his mouth. He's 8 years old now.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
labgirl39

Post by labgirl39 »

Yes, I do have a house and yard full. (l0l) Dogs are my weakness. :D
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I see everyone around here loves their pets. Am I the only 1 who has none?
ChristinaP

Post by ChristinaP »

I have a yellow lab named Harley, he's almost 2 years old, and a sweetheart. He is my shadow, he'll follow me into the bathroom if I let him.

Then there's SamKitty, our approximately 6 year old grey Maine coon cat. We adopted him from a shelter so we're not certain of his age. That was 4 years ago now, he's a cat who thinks he's a dog, and a clown.
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

Far Rider wrote: We have a dog, her name is Missy, she's a little tri-color a rat terrier. We got her for my daughter a year ago.

So far this dog has learned: sit, stay, come, find your rug (small carpet remnant that she is to go to when in trouble), fetch (her frisbee, and flying squirrel), she can also sit up, dance, jump through a hula hoop, pray, laydown. And the best one of all... she attacks the cat whenever he tries to claw the couch! I taught her that one, it's me favorite!

She's the best and smartest dog we have ever owned. I dog trainer thinks we should work her for agility drill contests. That seems too rigid, when would she get to be a dog? LOL! :yh_think :D

FAR.... agility trials for dogs is being a dog type thing.. they usually love it if they are an active breed - gives them the energy and release they don't normally get at home since humans usually don't have their energy. We had a Rat Terrier same colors when I was a kid, her name was Mitzi. Smart little dog like yours but she developed epilepsy and when the shots were not working we lost her.

Do I count my husband as a pet ? the bad pet ?... We have Miss Kylee who is the canine alpha Bitch of the house, I'm the ultimate Alpha... she's a pitbull/corgi

mix.. although I think out vet is wrong and she's a Staffie/Corgi mix.. she's not quite as tall as my full blood male pitbull, but she has the body, head, chest and

the brains and attitude of a pit, the thick fur and coloring of a corgi and those silly stand up ears. She's a street dog we rescused in the inner city by our factory

when she was a pup 10 years ago. She very sweet and loving and very people oriented but like my male and most pits she is dog aggressive. Shes' smart as can be and like the Corgi patrols her property all day long and she never leaves

the boundaries of the yard even though we don't have fences out here. She's

an avid squirrel chaser and loves to tree them and will sit down below for hours

and not let the stupid squirrel come down until she's done toying with them.

Max is my male - he's a beautiful tiger brindle, meaning he has the brindle stripe pattern but he's tiger orange with the black stripes, he is show quality, comes from a good breeder with his 2 white sox and his tuxedo chest. We got him from a rescue group in MN when he was 13 weeks old - his owner got him at 8 weeks, beat him horribly and then abandoned him in some kennel... He's mama's boy..

and I fall over him all day long... where I go he MUST be including the bathroom - his thing is to protect me no matter what - he's been like that since a pup. He is

a great watch dog and protector of the home and family but he is a big clown like most pits and just an attention monster when we have company.. pet me... pet me... pet me... rub my belly... over and over until I yell at him to stop it. He's smart.. sometimes too smart for his own good and is like a perpetual bratty

3 year old most days. Only bad part about him is he's extremely dog aggressive except for Kylee his housemate whom he guards with his life at all times as well. He good with most kids except those that scream a lot.. that for some reason frightens him... but he likes little boys about 6 - 10 that have the energy to keep up with him and like to roughhouse with him. Pits are odd .. as dog aggressive as they can be, they are often good with all other pets/animals... Max is like that. He will play very gentle with my daugthers ferrets and cat. He even used to play with her gerbils when they were alive.

I'm a dog person and grew up with dogs and doubt I"ll ever be without at least one but probably 2.

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
peteyrules

Post by peteyrules »

RosiePosieTook wrote: I have a golden retriever named Maxamillion Robespire, 2 cats(which are actuallly my boyfriends) named tweaker and frodo, 7 hermit crabs, 5 catfish, and 2 frogs, and i love them all

I have 1 persian cat and 1 chihuahua doggy. Love them dearly and they love each other!!!!
valerie

Post by valerie »

peteyrules wrote: I have 1 persian cat and 1 chihuahua doggy. Love them dearly and they love each other!!!!

Hi Petey!! That wouldn't be for the Little Rascals Petey by any chance?!?!?

Welcome to the Garden!!

Tamsen's Dogster Page

observer1

Post by observer1 »

I have a black cat named Spooky. Just spent almost $800 for surgery on him. :(
venus

Post by venus »

I have one dog Thorn, hes a mix..Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Alsation and Rhodesian ridgeback.. but he looks cute.

I also have three cats, Tigger, Max and millie. Millie is the only girl and she is the smallest and youngest, yet she is hte boss...:)
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

observer1 wrote: I have a black cat named Spooky. Just spent almost $800 for surgery on him. :(
Geez, OB1, what the heck kind of surgery did your cat need?

I had a cat get shot with a pellet gun once. 2 surgeries, metal plate and 6 metal screws, and 560 bucks later, he was good as new. Fortunately I got the employee discount, otherwise it would have cost nearly 3 times that.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

I always used to dread a vet bill, luckily I never had one but when I took out home and contents insurance it also covered any vet bill over $300 US. I haven't needed it so far.
venus

Post by venus »

l just had to share ....

Attached files
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”