Discussions about your pets!
Peg

What kind of Pets does everyone have?

Post by Peg »

I have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 rabbits.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

I have one cat named Isabella. She's convinced she owns the house and I am merely a guest...who happens to provide her with everything. :D
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
valerie

Post by valerie »

I have an extremely beautiful black and red almost 12 year old 3 legged

German Shepherd Dog!! She's the best!! My husband's 1st dog ever, he

says he feels like he won the lottery.

Oh yeah, and then there's Gracie. Well. My husband's cat. Uh-huh.

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Just one Greyhound bitch who thinks its human.
Peg

Post by Peg »

You ever notice how these animals have us so well trained? They go to the door, we let them out. We feed them, they have to do nothing for themselves.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Peg wrote: You ever notice how these animals have us so well trained? They go to the door, we let them out. We feed them, they have to do nothing for themselves.

Have you noticed how they make us look like *them as well? :D

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Peg wrote: You ever notice how these animals have us so well trained? They go to the door, we let them out. We feed them, they have to do nothing for themselves.

Our Greyhound Beauty, brings my slipers,fetches the mail/newspapers,unloads the washing machine, calls me in the mornings when I hit the alarm off. She is eight years now, that makes her in dog years as old as me.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Unloads the washing machine? I need that dog!
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Two chesapeake bay retrievers.. Emmy.. and Tasha.. smart yep.. got me trained.. ummm.. okay so I am easy. In fact.. right now they are enjoying a nice marrow bone and saying life is good...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

NO SALE Peg,

I was offered 200 dollars for her when she was just 6months. :-6
johnsellars

Post by johnsellars »

Peg wrote: Unloads the washing machine? I need that dog!

We have a washing machine which unloads the dog. Any use ??
Peg

Post by Peg »

Jack Sprat wrote: I am the human pet of two cats. They have the ability to tell me what to do, and I either react to their demands or feel horribly guilty. Is this normal?

Good way of putting it. It is normal. Mine have me well trained too.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I swear my older dog smiles.
persephone

Post by persephone »

I have a brindle Lurcher, who everyone assumes is either a Whippet or a Greyhound... He has bat ears though :wah:

His name is Bouncer, but not after the Neighbours dog, when I first got him and let him walk he bounced :-4

He's also a rescue dog, and his tail was either docked or some accident caused him to lose it :(
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Gabs

Post by Gabs »

I belong to a Boston Terrier Rescue Group. I was fortunate enough to be given a Boston Terrier as a puppy. He was slightly "confused" when it came to his color, he is white and black instead of black and white. My husband and I named him

Roofus James. We decided two years ago to adopt another Boston, but really wanted a grown dog, so we applied to the group where we are members and on June 1, 2002, we became the 'parents' of Theodore Spike. He is a true Boston and he is one of the most mild mannered and easy going of any dog that I have ever owned. Great with the grandkids. In February, we were contacted by the Rescue chairman, and asked that we consider adopting an abused dog that had been brought in. He was heartworm positive, and had had surgery to remove a BB from his chest and he had to have his right eye removed due to being shot in it. April 4th Alexander Jace became our third "baby".. Mr. Gabs and I married later in life and already had grown children ... these boys became our babies. When we go out with them anywhere, people are amazed at how well behaved they are and how they obey even the slightest command. I can go on and on and on about Bostons, who are very intelligent and loving animals. So if you want to chat about Bostons... pm me anytime.

Gabs~ :D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Cass

Post by Cass »

We have an English Setter, 3 cats, 2 frogs & 3 aquariums of Tropical saltwater fish.

(and a hamster up till 2 weeks ago.... RIP little "Halo" )
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

I have two cats, one who, i swear, is gay!!! although we did call him honey(pure mistake, we thought he was a girl!) I have a dying fish :-1 He is very poorly and drags himself around his tank. I also have the cutest guinea pig, Mork, we used to have Mindy as well(if anyone remembers that classic programme)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i LOVE german shepard dogs, and other breeds as well. but because i live in a small place and work long hours i do not have a pet at the moment. i consider our K-9s as a part of our dept. family. they live at home with their handlers and are very friendly off duty. we have labs and shepards as bomb-sniffing, drug-sniffing, cadaver-searching, and defensive tactics officers just like us, and they wear badges on their collars. we also raise funds for bullet-proof vests for them. we love our K-9s! :-4
Cass

Post by Cass »

beautyful wrote: I also have the cutest guinea pig, Mork, we used to have Mindy as well(if anyone remembers that classic programme)
Nanu Nanu

beautyful

Post by beautyful »

I loved that programme, ha ha forgotten how cheesy it was!!!! I miss my mindy guinea pig, mork is really lonely without him :-1
Cass

Post by Cass »

Remember that hairstyle Mindy had? (not your guinea pig, I mean Pam Dawber) :D

It was like 2 pigtails off the sides of her head... that was a huge craze in my school ~ all the girls did that, it was RIDICULOUS!

LOL
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

the things people will do coz they have seen it on TV or something!!!!! This has strayed from the realms of pets but Mork and Mindy is still an cult classic and should be discussed at every opportunity!!!!
minks

Post by minks »

RosiePosieTook wrote: I have a golden retriever named Maxamillion Robespire, 2 cats(which are actuallly my boyfriends) named tweaker and frodo, 7 hermit crabs, 5 catfish, and 2 frogs, and i love them all

I have one dog almost 2 yrs old, a new kitten (scratched to sh** hands as proof), a room mate, and a child oooo sorry the latter dont' count :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

livnnlrnin wrote: This is my baby! We've had him for 5 years. He was born on Valentines Day! :yh_love

He has a very original name: Kitty....His favorite pass times are trying to outrun my grand daughter, and trying to sneak outside.

We love him like we love each other....He's very special.

Siamese?
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Hi every one i think i can top that i have 1 dog a very stupid 10 stone rottie 2 cats 8 taranulars 6 snakes 1 rabbit 1 iguana 5 tortoises 3 turtles 7 geckos ,fish ,3 plated lizards ..................aaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh i hear you say no i just love animals even orrible ones.sarah jane..ps oh and hubby hes more trouble than all of them x
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Hi every one i think i can top that i have 1 dog a very stupid 10 stone rottie 2 cats 8 taranulars 6 snakes 1 rabbit 1 iguana 5 tortoises 3 turtles 7 geckos ,fish ,3 plated lizards ..................aaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh i hear you say no i just love animals even orrible ones.sarah jane..ps oh and hubby hes more trouble than all of them x
Wow! That's quite a collection of pets! Sounds like a full time job.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Mrs + this

Attached files
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I live in a very small upper flat, and only have one cat, "Monster" (because he is). He's 12 years old. I did have the most amazing dog, "Bogey", whom I had to give up (that's a long story), but because I had to, she is now a U.S. customs agent. She wears a badge and is a drug/bomb sniffer working U.S. borders! (I'm pretty proud of her...)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

Post by abbey »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Hi every one i think i can top that i have 1 dog a very stupid 10 stone rottie 2 cats 8 taranulars 6 snakes 1 rabbit 1 iguana 5 tortoises 3 turtles 7 geckos ,fish ,3 plated lizards ..................aaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh i hear you say no i just love animals even orrible ones.sarah jane..ps oh and hubby hes more trouble than all of them x
AND A PARTRI..I..DGE IN A PEAR TREEeeee x :D
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Oh and i forgot the parrot sarah jane
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

capt_buzzard wrote: Just one Greyhound bitch who thinks its human.

Beauty

Attached files
angeleyes

Post by angeleyes »

I have 2 dogs both mutts Buddy and Daisy 2 cats Blackie and Mittens and 1 snake named Devin. These animals are like my kids, they are almost as spoiled as my son. But I wouldn't take anything for them. :-6
ashgrove02

Post by ashgrove02 »

i have two springer spaniels jinky johnston and jake scott also got a cat called lucky and a snake called ajax
lesley ;)
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

I have a Staffordshire Terrier that is a mix of the British mother and American father.

I am almost well trained by his standards. What I euphemistically refer to as taking the dog for a walk is, in reality, him dragging his slow owner behind him as he bulls his way down the street sniffing everything that catches his fancy.

I've almost cured him of that attitude by running with him for the fist quarter mile of his walk. It's not a flat out run because he stops to smell the... er-r... scents along the way.

When I got him I decided that I was going to bring him up as a dog and I think that I've suceeded!

He's got a smile that would knock your socks off.

He is not aggressive with other dogs because I was lucky enough to be able to socialize him with all of the dogs in the neighbourhood. From teenies to monsters.

He doesn't start fights but will finish whatever scrap he is forced into big time and fast.

He loves human beings because they pet him and sometimes give him food. The butchers in the neighbourhood love to give him bones whenever they see him in the neighbourhood. I think that he would make a wonderful police dog because he loves to smell and is trainable, intelligent and definitely loyal.

He's eight and a half years old and is responsible for me not being a couch potato.

His name is Zeus.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”