Spending $ On Your Auto

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Nomad

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Nomad »

We all have to do it, its inevitable. Even if you dont do required maintenance its still going to cost you later. Cant get around it.

Do you mind ?

I really dont, the more I put into the car the better I feel about it. I feel safer, more confident, it motivates me to keep up with other little things.

2 weeks ago my temp gauge red lined so I pulled into a service station and after spending almost $600.00 there on a 2 radiator fans that problem led to a waterpump, timing belt and serpentine belt. That was $1100.00.

The temp gauge was running cold which is fine but I wanted it at 190 degrees where its supposed to be so I had the thermostat changed. More $.

Today I brought it in to get a tire repaired but the nail was in the wrong place so I left with 4 new tires an alignment and a tie rod.

$611.00.

Id rather that money was in savings but I never feel bad spending $ on my car.

You ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
kayleneaussie

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by kayleneaussie »

I hate the thouht of spending money on my car but after I have done it I feel good. I would rather know my car is well maintained and safe especially when I have other peoples children in the car with me.:)
FOC THREAD PART 1
Mystery

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Mystery »

Don't spend money on your car, it doesn't get ya where ya need to go. Plus, I have precious cargo always with me, so it's extra important to be safe and sound.
chonsigirl

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I don't mind spending money on my car, last trip was to the dealer and it didn't cost me anything.:)
WonderWendy3

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by WonderWendy3 »

In the last year, I've spent a pretty penny on my car and for a while there I was thinking that I just needed to set aside 200.00 a month for car repairs....but its not that bad. The car is paid for, so whatever expenses I have is worth not paying a payment on a monthly baises (sp?)....hopefully it will hold out long enough for me to get another car that I don't need to buy on credit....

car payments is a no no in my world.
CARLA

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by CARLA »

Car up keep is a must or you end up buy a new one a lot sooner that you wanted to.

I have 2 cars that I take excellent care of 1 is my baby a 1973 Camaro that I'm the original owner of. It has been a great car to own been paid for since 1976 :wah:. I also have a 2005 Honda Civic which like my Camaro require little or no up keep. I always check the water and oil and tires weekly just those 3 things will keep your car in great shape. Unless its a piece of junk then get rid of it. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Don't tell me how much it cost $$. The up keep on our cars is my husbands job.

So is keeping the gas tank full.. I don't pump gas

Patsy
along-for-the-ride

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My car is paid for. (Doing the happy dance).But, ofcourse there are still costs...insurance and maintance. My hubby changes the oil regularly.

I always appreciate driving and having a car. Taking care of it is so important, just as driving safely is.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;773674 wrote: Car up keep is a must or you end up buy a new one a lot sooner that you wanted to.

I have 2 cars that I take excellent care of 1 is my baby a 1973 Camaro that I'm the original owner of. It has been a great car to own been paid for since 1976 :wah:. I also have a 2005 Honda Civic which like my Camaro require little or no up keep. I always check the water and oil and tires weekly just those 3 things will keep your car in great shape. Unless its a piece of junk then get rid of it. :D

Do you clean your engine ?

Once a year I like to spray some degreaser in there and hose it down. Its nice if you have to get in there and do any work plus its easier to detect possible leaks early on.

And it looks good. I actually armor all parts of the engine heee :o
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I always keep my car well maintained because I want to be safe. Thank goodness I have a great station on the next block and the mechanics take great care of my car.

I can't believe how badly maintained some of the cars on my block are, especially looking at the baldy tires. How can you have tires like that when you put your babies in the car:thinking:
Nomad

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Nomad »

Kathy Ellen;773859 wrote: I always keep my car well maintained because I want to be safe. Thank goodness I have a great station on the next block and the mechanics take great care of my car.

I can't believe how badly maintained some of the cars on my block are, especially looking at the baldy tires. How can you have tires like that when you put your babies in the car:thinking:

Personally I wouldnt put a baby in my car but thats just me.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by CARLA »

You bet especially on the Camaro it has the original engine in it. I spruced it up about 12 years ago and made it look spotless under the hood. :cool:

I have only had the Honda Civic since July07 so I haven't cleaned the engine yet. In fact I'm a bit leary as I don't know as much about the engine in it as I do my Camaro, other than the Camaro's engine is huge compared to the Honda.. :wah::wah:

[QUOTE]Do you clean your engine ?

Once a year I like to spray some degreaser in there and hose it down. Its nice if you have to get in there and do any work plus its easier to detect possible leaks early on.

And it looks good. I actually armor all parts of the engine heee [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lalalala

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by lalalala »

Personally, I'm looking for a new car because I let a friend drive mines and a drunk hit her. Now I have to use my bus tokens:wah: I think putting money in a car is good. If you blowing money on things just to make your car look pretty like small tv's, ps2's in the car, or whatever else...that's uncalled for in my eyes. Stuff on engine parts, tires, etc. is cool.
Lon

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by Lon »

Nomad;773660 wrote: We all have to do it, its inevitable. Even if you dont do required maintenance its still going to cost you later. Cant get around it.

Do you mind ?

I really dont, the more I put into the car the better I feel about it. I feel safer, more confident, it motivates me to keep up with other little things.

2 weeks ago my temp gauge red lined so I pulled into a service station and after spending almost $600.00 there on a 2 radiator fans that problem led to a waterpump, timing belt and serpentine belt. That was $1100.00.

The temp gauge was running cold which is fine but I wanted it at 190 degrees where its supposed to be so I had the thermostat changed. More $.

Today I brought it in to get a tire repaired but the nail was in the wrong place so I left with 4 new tires an alignment and a tie rod.

$611.00.

Id rather that money was in savings but I never feel bad spending $ on my car.

You ?

It pains me---------it's money that I could have spent on comic books.
chonsigirl

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: I can laugh now, the truck is going in tomorrow to fix the clutch. There goes my tax refund......
xalisonx

Spending $ On Your Auto

Post by xalisonx »

i spend more than i like on my car, but like has been said you have to maintain it well, or youl need a new one!

My cars doing really well its 16 years old a 1992 MR2, and it doesnt miss a beat, and looking at it it really doesnt look that old! no rust problems or anything.

xx

Return to “Autos Vehicles”