Posting Photos Graphics

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
tabby

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by tabby »

Just to make certain I understand, are we not able to add photos/graphics to our posts? When I click on the Image to add one, nothing happens and the same is true for the adding a video option.

I saw this morning that Tude had posted some photos into the Greta Thunberg thread so I thought I'd ask for some clarification. How did he do that?

Thank you!
LarsMac

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by LarsMac »

tabby;1529047 wrote: Just to make certain I understand, are we not able to add photos/graphics to our posts? When I click on the Image to add one, nothing happens and the same is true for the adding a video option.

I saw this morning that Tude had posted some photos into the Greta Thunberg thread so I thought I'd ask for some clarification. How did he do that?

Thank you!

You can post images that are on other sites by linking to their location. However, reading the forum rules, you will find that to be frowned upon by Forum Admins.

But the process to load images on the form seems to be broken, so,...
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hmmm

Attached files
Ahso!

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Ahso! »

Nice place, Bryn. The photo is sideways though.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1529061 wrote: Nice place, Bryn. The photo is sideways though.

And a link rather than an image. It’s so long since I did it I’ve forgotten how.
spot

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1529062 wrote: And a link rather than an image. It’s so long since I did it I’ve forgotten how.

I shall guess. That's the shrine of St Thomas a Compostella on the pilgrims' route out of Santiago.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr;1529062 wrote: And a link rather than an image. It’s so long since I did it I’ve forgotten how.

insert the url of the pic between

ex:

I can't help with the orientation, though.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1529065 wrote: I can't help with the orientation, though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Ahso! »

Thanks for fixing that, spot.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1529072 wrote:

Typical :wah:
Ahso!

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Ahso! »

tabby;1529047 wrote: I saw this morning that Tude had posted some photos into the Greta Thunberg thread so I thought I'd ask for some clarification. How did he do that?

Thank you!I believe that quoting the post with the photos might reveal how it was done.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by FourPart »

Ahso!;1529081 wrote: I believe that quoting the post with the photos might reveal how it was done.

It used to be possible to upload pictures, and then to insert the URL from that upload in order to attach the image. However, it would appear that in order to do that now you need to be a Supporting Member in order to have those Permissions. Whether this change was deliberate or not is another matter.
LarsMac

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1529081 wrote: I believe that quoting the post with the photos might reveal how it was done.

You find the pic, and get the url info for where it is.

Then you wrap the url address with ""

the first one tells the system an image is coming, and the second one says that is the end of the image address.

- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1529083 wrote: It used to be possible to upload pictures, and then to insert the URL from that upload in order to attach the image. However, it would appear that in order to do that now you need to be a Supporting Member in order to have those Permissions. Whether this change was deliberate or not is another matter.

Yes, uploading pics to the forum server is broken. If the pictures are already in your gallery, you can still post them. You just cannot upload any new pics.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by spot »

FourPart;1529083 wrote: you need to be a Supporting Member in order to have those Permissions.

You're mistaken. One software problem has arisen and none of us can fix it on the current host. The problem is that the picture upload screen is broken.

The attachment upload button still works.

The IMG tag still works.

Everything in this thread has been done with those two remaining options.

If we could mend the picture upload page we'd do it. I've tried a number of ways, I still think it's a file or directory permission issue.
Bryn Mawr

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1529085 wrote: Yes, uploading pics to the forum server is broken. If the pictures are already in your gallery, you can still post them. You just cannot upload any new pics.

I used the manage attachments button to upload the picture but I was expecting it to load as an image rather than a link.
tabby

Posting Photos Graphics

Post by tabby »

Thank you!! I think I'm back in business now!

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”