unicode edit lock problem

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
spot

Post by spot »

I have no idea how to fix this but I thought I'd note it for the future.

Copy-pasting obscure accented characters (as opposed to accented characters which appear on the ASCII character set) will post properly. Depending on the browser text encoding it will either display correctly or not. However, the post will not be editable - you just get a spinner which will neither time out nor bring back the text.

tested with Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

(which is the extended support release, it's fully updated)
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Do you know..................................I believe you.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1509930 wrote: I have no idea how to fix this but I thought I'd note it for the future.

Copy-pasting obscure accented characters (as opposed to accented characters which appear on the ASCII character set) will post properly. Depending on the browser text encoding it will either display correctly or not. However, the post will not be editable - you just get a spinner which will neither time out nor bring back the text.

tested with Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

(which is the extended support release, it's fully updated)

Try it with other browsers and see where the fault lies?

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”