British Summer Time

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
spot

British Summer Time

Post by spot »

We appear to have a personal clock problem this morning. The site might claim the UK is still in BST (GMT+1). We're not. The UK has entered GMT. British Summer Time is ended for the year.

If your ForumGarden time display is an hour fast, edit your profile and switch "Is DST currently in effect" to no. I have no idea how that flag's meant to work, but it didn't flip for me overnight.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

British Summer Time

Post by LarsMac »

It always seems to show local time to me. It seems to get the time from my system, report all time related info in my time zone.

It currently reports you local time as 2:06 PM, and my time as 8:06
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

British Summer Time

Post by spot »

That 2:06pm is GMT and it's also what my watch says, it's correct.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”