Suggestions Needed!

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
stchandon2

Suggestions Needed!

Post by stchandon2 »

Hi, Iam currently unemployed and Iam finding it hard to know what the right thing for me to do is. I have been working for the last 3 or so years in my chosen profession (as a nurse but that is a another story) but Iam desperately seeking a career change. But, my problem is that Iam having so much trouble trying to decide what kind of job would be the right one for me, or what it is that I could really be good at. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? How did you finally figure it out?

I have no idea what to do next!
orangesox1

Suggestions Needed!

Post by orangesox1 »

Hey hi another OZZIE ,

There arn't many of us Ozzies here. Welcome to FG, I'm from central West NSW and your in my time zone. Thats great cause most people around here sleep during the day and I'm all alone.

Can't help you with your problem though, I decided to start studying again so I could have a job change.

Hope to here lots from you, and your in NSW like me.:guitarist :guitarist :-6
Accountable

Suggestions Needed!

Post by Accountable »

What do you do for fun?
orangesox1

Suggestions Needed!

Post by orangesox1 »

I think Stch as gone already,

I bet Stch lives close to me ;) except nearer to the beach:)
stchandon2

Suggestions Needed!

Post by stchandon2 »

Iam back again, thanks for the message orangesox (like the name)

I live about 1/2 an hour away from Byron Bay if you know it, so yeah you were right about he beach, how far west are you?

Accountable, for fun even though it has been a while since Ive done it usually means me and a pair of rollerblades, or grabbing a friend off to the pub for a acouple of drinks, or a game of squash now and then. So cant really derive a new career direction from those things i dont think, would be nice though : )
orangesox1

Suggestions Needed!

Post by orangesox1 »

Around Dubbo area, I'm going to Coffs harbour for a weeks holiday in January.

I think there are four Ozzies at FG now:D
lady cop

Suggestions Needed!

Post by lady cop »

my only suggestion is follow what you love...i went from nurse, to law school to cop. look at what your personal interests are. then you shall be happy in your work. good luck! :-6
Yavanna

Suggestions Needed!

Post by Yavanna »

stchandon2 wrote: Hi, Iam currently unemployed and Iam finding it hard to know what the right thing for me to do is. I have been working for the last 3 or so years in my chosen profession (as a nurse but that is a another story) but Iam desperately seeking a career change. But, my problem is that Iam having so much trouble trying to decide what kind of job would be the right one for me, or what it is that I could really be good at. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? How did you finally figure it out?

I have the same dilemma. I'm a partner in a law firm and I have got to hate it. It's a soulless, spirit-crushing, exhausting job. I know I need to move on to something else but it's scary - I don't know what I really want to do, or am meant to do.

There's also the small question of how I pay my mortgage whilst I retrain/find a new life. Marry a rich, elderly guy, perhaps ?

What I'm trying to do is find a way to make my passions in life something I can do for a living......so it's a reading and eating chocolate job I need.....

Ooops, just read lady cop's post above - what she said!
Accountable

Suggestions Needed!

Post by Accountable »

stchandon2 wrote: Iam back again, thanks for the message orangesox (like the name)

I live about 1/2 an hour away from Byron Bay if you know it, so yeah you were right about he beach, how far west are you?

Accountable, for fun even though it has been a while since Ive done it usually means me and a pair of rollerblades, or grabbing a friend off to the pub for a acouple of drinks, or a game of squash now and then. So cant really derive a new career direction from those things i dont think, would be nice though : )
you might look into the fitness field. Lots of opportunity there, and it can be lucrative. Your nursing can be really handy in such a place. Personal trainer, facility nurse, possibly running your own place, the list is long.
Lon

Suggestions Needed!

Post by Lon »

stchandon2 wrote: Hi, Iam currently unemployed and Iam finding it hard to know what the right thing for me to do is. I have been working for the last 3 or so years in my chosen profession (as a nurse but that is a another story) but Iam desperately seeking a career change. But, my problem is that Iam having so much trouble trying to decide what kind of job would be the right one for me, or what it is that I could really be good at. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? How did you finally figure it out?

If you like people and are out going, why not consider something where your medical experience would be a big help like sales? I would think pharmaceuticals would be a natural for you. Pays well also, if you are good. Or, selling medical supplies.

Return to “Work Employment”