Stay or leave?

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Hfjslfj

Stay or leave?

Post by Hfjslfj »

What would you do in my position? Currently I'm in an IT position in a big company with a corporate environment. We have great benefits, great 401k matching and 4 weeks of vacation. My manager is nice and I enjoy working with the rest of the team. I have been here almost a year.

Just today, I got an offer for another IT position in basically the same type of corporate environment (at least by appearance). The 401k matching isn't as great and only 3 weeks of vacation. However, there is a salary increase of 12k.

Do you think it's worth switching jobs? I'm comfortable where I am especially given that I have learned most of the systems I work with. The new job will be a lot more stressful initially since I have to start from scratch. Everything from the work environment to the people I will work with are unknowns. I know money isn't everything and honestly 12k isn't that much but still, I'm finding the new offer a bit hard to pass up.
Snooz

Stay or leave?

Post by Snooz »

That's amazing, you were in high school last week. Well done.
chonsigirl

Stay or leave?

Post by chonsigirl »

SnoozeAgain;1371340 wrote: That's amazing, you were in high school last week. Well done.

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn......................
CARLA

Stay or leave?

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Yes and I'm a virgin..!!

Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain

That's amazing, you were in high school last week. Well done.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Work Employment”