I cant do it i just cant!

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

skittles2004 wrote: Why is it so hard to get a job as a TEeNagEr???
I don't know! What have you been told? Where did you interview?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
minks

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: I don't know! What have you been told? Where did you interview?

Hey Tom B Stone love your new avitar sorry I had to do the play on your name tooo hehehehe

Oh Skittles it is tough for teens to get a job here to, specially when you have no experience, my oldest can attest to that. I think it is the lack of experience that gets the worst of teens.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Why can't you get a job, Skittles? Bosses won't hire you, transportation, you can't find a job you like, what exactly is holding you back?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Probably just due to the basic principle of supply and demand - too many have already been supplied and us adults aren`t demanding any more!!!
Clint

Post by Clint »

I went through this with my son and I’ve struggled with it as an employer. Probably the biggest problem those under 18 years old face is labor law. The law is written to protect and what it really does is reject. The jobs that can be done by younger, willing workers are filled quickly because there are so many more workers than jobs. It is hurting us as a nation. Our young people are missing out on the opportunity to learn how to work and we will all miss out because of it later.

Skittles, don't give up. Dress for success and expect it when you look for work. You may even have to volunteer for a little while. That will allow you to prove your worth to a potential employer.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Well Skittles .. it depends on what you were applying for and what kind of wages you were asking.. You are to be commended though for trying.... way too often today I am seeing kids just hanging out.. no idea what a job is much less work ethic..

And I do agree Clint.. the laws are pretty restrictive as far as the hours that someone can work, the kind of work they can do etc... especially if they are under 18. Most of them are to protect them from employer abuse.. but some of them are pretty ridiculous.. I mean I worked in kitchens at 15.. using all the equipment.. slicers etc.. nowadays that is a major taboo.. and if the company is caught breaking any of the child labor laws.. big bucks.. very large dinero....

anyway.. Keep trying Skittles. keep us informed.. I am sure that there is a ton of interviewing experience here that you can draw on....
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

What kinds of places are you applying at?
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.

Return to “Work Employment”