Do you think childcare in the workplace is a good idea? Do you have kids

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Peg

Post by Peg »

My children are now 15 and 17, but childcare in the workplace would have made life a LOT easier. Childcare is a problem especially for single parents I would imagine. I think it's a great idea.

By the way, welcome to the garden. Hope to see you posting when you don't have a research paper to do too.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hello and welcome to FG! i do think it's a good thing, it enables the parent to have peace of mind and be available to their child. but when my 3 sons were little i would have had to put them in a jail cell! LOL... not a bad idea really :D
David813

Post by David813 »

Childcare in the workplace is a good idea, but not for all situations or jobs. Childcare in a federal building we've learned is not a good idea. Same with any government, police or court related location. Childcare in a corporate office bldg? Why not. It's too bad many parents put so much emphasis on that 2nd job and chose childcare over raising your own kids but that is the trend. If I were struggling with one child I sure wouldn't have two more, then leave them to be raised in childcare.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Peg

Post by Peg »

David813 wrote: Childcare in the workplace is a good idea, but not for all situations or jobs. Childcare in a federal building we've learned is not a good idea. Same with any government, police or court related location. Childcare in a corporate office bldg? Why not. It's too bad many parents put so much emphasis on that 2nd job and chose childcare over raising your own kids but that is the trend. If I were struggling with one child I sure wouldn't have two more, then leave them to be raised in childcare.

Why not work and know you are able to support your family if something should happen to your spouse? There are a lot of single parents out there that have no choice and HAVE to work.
David813

Post by David813 »

Peg wrote: Why not work and know you are able to support your family if something should happen to your spouse? There are a lot of single parents out there that have no choice and HAVE to work.Of course it's true in some circumstances two working parents is the only option. But most are suburban yuppies that want it all and see their kids at 2nd place compared to the golf club membership, the Beamer, the Cancun trips and TIVO.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

David813 wrote: Childcare in the workplace is a good idea, but not for all situations or jobs. Childcare in a federal building we've learned is not a good idea. Same with any government, police or court related location. Childcare in a corporate office bldg? Why not. It's too bad many parents put so much emphasis on that 2nd job and chose childcare over raising your own kids but that is the trend. If I were struggling with one child I sure wouldn't have two more, then leave them to be raised in childcare.

I wish our employers would be open to letting us work part time.

Both me and the wife are pushed to work overtime.

I would so love to work 32 hours a week.

My wife's sister's employer let her go to 32 hours a week.

My wife has a CPA and it would be unfair not to let her utilize it.

Lotto

http://www.money-talk.org/viewtopic.php?p=15296#15296

MagicZ4941A

PS now that I have a kid I want to win the lotto more then ever!!!

Return to “Work Employment”