Disgruntled Employmment Issues

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
LWR VENTURES

Post by LWR VENTURES »

Could you be a little more specific? Exactly what kind of abuses are you talking about?
LWR VENTURES

Post by LWR VENTURES »

I believe the main problem in the workplace is, each person is the

hardest worker there. At least in their mind. Most people believe they are doing more work than their coworkers. True or not, they believe this. This sets up resentment. When I think I am doing to much I have to remind myself. That I’m probably the only one who thinks that. Its like being in a basket of crabs. Its not that the crabs are not trying to get out. Its just that the other crabs keep pulling them back down. Sometimes people just like seeing others in trouble, even if they want admit this. It makes them feel better.
Jives

Post by Jives »

You'e preaching to the choir here...I was a corporate manager for 5 years, with a huge division under my command, but the impersonal atmosphere and the negative feedback (without any positive!) got to me. I went back to college and now I'm a teacher.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Well I'm going rounds with the unethical insurance company that does not want to pay to have me treated for an injury that was caused by my job.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... me-344.com

MagicZ4941A
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Don`t laugh, but I honestly don`t know whether or not in the States you have a similar thing to Legal Aid in Britain, where we can consult a solicitor free for about half an hour (subject to certain conditions) and get advice on just such matters?
Valerie100

Post by Valerie100 »

I have the perfect website for you -- actually, two of them.

http://www.jobschmob.com http://www.simplyfired.com <-----amusing.

Enjoy! :D
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

IM FUMING!!!!!!!! ooooh!!! I have a BIG job problem. I found this at the right time too. There is this guy here who is blatantly racist and sexist. He made some nasty comments about a minority and I told him not to do that because its illegal. Well it turned into a big blow out between him and I. I went to a high level exec and he said "it sounds like you were giving constructive criticism but he might be sexist, we dont know, so just back off". I was like WTF? Am I being reprimanded for this? I went to my immediate supervisor (I would have gone here firat but he was absent) and he said high level exec "didnt handle it right, but I will talk to [racist employee]". Well, a month later I have my review and I am given a low score on two items BECAUSE of this altercation with racist employee!!!

Have you ever?!?!?! My husband says I can easily sue. Im not interested in that. Im not litigous but I refuse to back down because I absolutley believe I was not doing anything wrong. What do you guys think?

I work for a mom and pop organization but they are exploding and becoming a big business. So, shouldnt they operate like one?

HBIC
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

I can relate to your getting the lower scores on your evaluation, but you don't have an open and shut case if you decide to file a suit. It is basically a he said/she said scenario. Sexism and racism are alive and well in corporate America.. as are the reverse of both problems. Unfortunately the good ol' boy network still rules the workplace and it is not what you know, but who you know that moves you up the corporate ladder.

DG.. if you are so upset with your work environment, move on .. you can't change corporate AMerica
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

A mom & pop organization is an organization run by (Barney) Fife and (Mrs)Dumb. You can't fight against a fifedumb. If you think you have one of the owners' ear, you can go that way. Otherwise you may want to look for other employment. I have to agree with Grey.

Return to “Work Employment”