What will get the U.S. Economy strong again

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Pearl Harbor

Post by Pearl Harbor »

Julie Grace wrote: Japan is threatening to sell off the U.S. dollar stating that it is useless.

Really? What story are you referring to? "useless?"

The trade value between the U.S. dollar and the Great Britain Pound is almost 3 dollars to one.

Really? Try 1.923 That's a far cry from 3 to 1.

OPEC is going to start demanding Euro dollars instead of U.S. dollars as the currency to purchase oil.

Maybe. 50/50

I've heard that these are the circumstances that HEROs rise from. People with new ideas for new industries that will give strength back to the U.S. dollar.

Any HEROs out there? Any ideas on what we can do to get our value back?

As long as we continue to outsource critical jobs overseas, no.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Hmm...how do we boost our flagging economy? Let's see...we could...

1) Stop outsourcing our jobs to foreign countries.

2) Improve our education system (so that the above option is feasible...)

3) Quite wasting billions of "aid" dollars on groups that use said aid to buy weapons and inspire terror.

4) Go to war (a wholly unattractive and horrible option, so let's just leave it out,shall we?)

5) Invest strongly in biological and technological research so that, once again, new technologies and discoveries flow from the US.

6) Revise the tax code.

7) Revise the law codes - remove frivolous law suits.

I'm sure there are others, but its 4 am in the morning and my brain is a bit on the fuzzy side.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Fyrehawke wrote: Hmm...how do we boost our flagging economy? Let's see...we could...

1) Stop outsourcing our jobs to foreign countries.

2) Improve our education system (so that the above option is feasible...)

3) Quite wasting billions of "aid" dollars on groups that use said aid to buy weapons and inspire terror.

4) Go to war (a wholly unattractive and horrible option, so let's just leave it out,shall we?)

5) Invest strongly in biological and technological research so that, once again, new technologies and discoveries flow from the US.

6) Revise the tax code.

7) Revise the law codes - remove frivolous law suits.

I'm sure there are others, but its 4 am in the morning and my brain is a bit on the fuzzy side.
1)Become energy independent

2)Make it illegal to outsource the manufacturing of anything essential to our ability to stand alone.

3)Reduce taxes again.

4)Stop sending local tax dollars to the Federal Government so most of the money is spent providing services and maintaining infrastructure rather than paying bureaucrats to hand it out to their pet people and projects.

Just four more
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Julie Grace wrote: Any HEROs out there? Any ideas on what we can do to get our value back?

For years the Canadian economy was under the influence of having a low dollar. Virtually 2 to 1 for the American dollar. It sucked when you saw the tourists from around the world spending, what seemed to be like, free dollars.

Drudgingly we carried on for years and eventually we began to pay down our international debt. We believed we cut out the federal bureaucracy's sinecured do-nothings.

Slowly our economic engine began to revive and thrive. Jobs grew. Money began to flow into the bank accounts. People began to spend and the Canadian dollar began to rise. Far be it from me to say so, but, there is no reason that Americans can't do the same. It didn't happen overnight but it did and is happening.

I recently talked to someone from Colorado that was bemoaning the fact that the dollar was falling. I pointed out to him what had happened in Canada and, by the time I was through, he said that he had noticed that there had been a rise in tourism that was happening in the ski resorts, that was being funded by Europeans spending their dollars plus exchange benefits, there.

No real genius, get rich quick schemes, yet, but I'm thinking.

Return to “Work Employment”