New Business

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
TooBusy

New Business

Post by TooBusy »

I'm looking to start a new business, but just not sure what I want to start up. I've always worked in manufacturing and right now entertainment, but really want something that I'm totally into. I don't know what I'm in to...

I need the flexibility of owning my own business because I have two children ages 4 and 6. My 4 year old only goes to school 2 days a week and I have to be there for him.

Any GREAT ideas?
lady cop

New Business

Post by lady cop »

what are your talents/interests? i always feel do what you love. and success will follow.
Lil~Basco

New Business

Post by Lil~Basco »

TooBusy wrote: I'm looking to start a new business, but just not sure what I want to start up. I've always worked in manufacturing and right now entertainment, but really want something that I'm totally into. I don't know what I'm in to...

I need the flexibility of owning my own business because I have two children ages 4 and 6. My 4 year old only goes to school 2 days a week and I have to be there for him.

Any GREAT ideas?
Back in December, didn't you say you have a small business with your husband booking disc jockey shows? What happened to that?
TooBusy

New Business

Post by TooBusy »

We still do that, but it's sort of my husbands thing. I do the office work, but it's not "fullfilling". He also works full time as an EMT, so it's not our #1 priority...

I guess my heart is just not in it.
webtraffictalk.com

New Business

Post by webtraffictalk.com »

TooBusy wrote: I'm looking to start a new business, but just not sure what I want to start up. I've always worked in manufacturing and right now entertainment, but really want something that I'm totally into. I don't know what I'm in to...

Any GREAT ideas?

I would suggest reading "The E Myrth Revisited." I am currently a small business owner and this book has provided me great advice overall. As a small business owner I would suggest you really look into whether starting a business or not is the thing for you. I understand that being at home with the kids is important but this can not be the only reason you are venturing down this road. Truth be told, 80% of all small businesses fail within the first year. To keep yourself from hitting this wall you need to study the market. Find out what your interests are and plan out how you want your company to be from day one.
TooBusy

New Business

Post by TooBusy »

Thanks for your message. I currently own a small business, have owned it since 2000. It's running fine, but it's just not enough. I guess I just need to step it up.

Thanks again!

Return to “Work Employment”