New House

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

New House

Post by Betty Boop »

Anyone fancy this one?
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ... Fu2N-iEi0s

Here's a better link that Cornwall Live site is terrible!
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/ ... el=RES_BUY

What a ridiculous price tag!
There's no parking included and nowhere nearby to park either, you will always be ten or more minutes away from your car and you will no doubt have to pay to park or face a longer walk to the car. But you will need a car as that village has no local shops anymore and the bus is around £8 for each return journey. Your car needs to be little too as the roads round there are very narrow. I'd pay to actually see you negotiate the village and to laugh at you as you have a panic attack as you realise you need to reverse for quite some distance to allow someone to pass. To get from one end of the village to another you might need to do the reversing five or six times each journey (triple that in July and August, November and December). Luckily the few locals left there are really good at reversing and tucking their cars into tiny spaces and they know all the points at which you can pass one another.
The main pub of the village is also two doors away so be prepared for noisy nights, its on the main road through the village so you'll have people looking in your windows in wonder at how quaint all the little cottages are. Theres also a widening of the road near there so you will have to put up with cars reversing, drivers swearing and harping their horns at one another in annoyance or thanks right in front of your lounge and bedroom window.
My Dad was born and raised in that village, he'd be horrified that it has become a rich mans playground.
Betty Boop

Re: New House

Post by Betty Boop »

It also has to be said, why would you buy that when you can have this in the same location and have parking.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/ ... el=RES_BUY
spot

Post by spot »

Betty Boop wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:29 am My Dad was born and raised in that village, he'd be horrified that it has become a rich mans playground.
That started a hundred years ago.

It's not a quiet part of the world though. I'd prefer an island. Are there cottages on Lundy? I've never looked to find out. Hang on.

No, not one, to buy or to rent.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:50 am
Betty Boop wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:29 am My Dad was born and raised in that village, he'd be horrified that it has become a rich mans playground.
That started a hundred years ago.

It's not a quiet part of the world though. I'd prefer an island. Are there cottages on Lundy? I've never looked to find out. Hang on.

No, not one, to buy or to rent.
At least 100 years ago they rented a bedroom, the local families all slept in one room and ran as a B and B for a few months a year.
The tourists didn't come along and buy property up to live in for two months a year leaving the houses empty for the rest of the year. I'm glad I don't live in that village anymore.
I have had enough of Cornwall now and the incomers all thinking they can come here and take over and make us change, bringing their upcountry ways with them.

You'll have to and run the local pub on Lundy, or something similar and the last time I looked we do live on an Island :lol:
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

FFS.
Its becoming like that here too. Worse since Covid.
Im paying Melbourne prices for rent in a country town.
Our homeless rates have skyrocketed....all because of greedy investors, landlords and dare i day it..."mum and dad" investors, yes pure greed.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I dont understand.
Tenure- the advert says "lease"? 575,000.
Do they mean you pay that much and you dont own it?

That's just weird.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:39 pm I dont understand.
Tenure- the advert says "lease"? 575,000.
Do they mean you pay that much and you dont own it?

That's just weird.
Houses are generally freehold, flats, apartments and maisonettes are generally sold leasehold.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortg ... leasehold/

Return to “General Chit Chat”