Threatening satirical humour

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Threatening satirical humour

Post by magentaflame »

The Aussie gubbermant has decided to threaten "Honest government Ads" with legal action and imprisonment for creating their satirical art. I've been watching these Ads for a really long time and they are not only satirical but a little bit true......okay a lot true. Seems it's pissing Mr Schomo off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCDxmZI3I8
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Re: Threatening satirical humour

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 pmSeems it's pissing Mr Schomo off.
Go on, I'll ask. Is that a typo, or is it pejorative innuendo.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I don't understand. ...If I'm pissing you off, it means I'm annoying you .
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

That's what it mean here but Spot is a cultured man and probably thinks it means urination.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Snooz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:05 pm That's what it mean here but Spot is a cultured man and probably thinks it means urination.
Well I'm hardly thinking of pulling the man off so in spots eyes he believes someone is holding Schomos dick whilst he urinates?

I wouldn't say cultured.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Lets see if the American Gubberment will try to do an Assange on these guys too?

spot

Post by spot »

Scott Morrison is abbreviated to ScoMo, isn't it? In all the Australian press? And you're consistently and deliberately abbreviating his name to Schomo? And his name isn't Schott?

So either you're deliberately introducing "Homo" into the equation or you're trying to make the man sound Jewish?

I mean, people have done this sort of thing ever since the Third Reich was strutting its stuff. All I asked was whether it was accidental on your part - though you've done it more than once - or whether you're aware. I've no idea what you mean by doing it. That's why I asked.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:01 am Scott Morrison is abbreviated to ScoMo, isn't it? In all the Australian press? And you're consistently and deliberately abbreviating his name to Schomo? And his name isn't Schott?

So either you're deliberately introducing "Homo" into the equation or you're trying to make the man sound Jewish?

I mean, people have done this sort of thing ever since the Third Reich was strutting its stuff. All I asked was whether it was accidental on your part - though you've done it more than once - or whether you're aware. I've no idea what you mean by doing it. That's why I asked.
"User Submitted Meanings
A user from Australia says the name Schomo is of Australian origin and means "An unqualified leader"."

Depends on which state you're in I guess. I've seen it spelt both ways. ......Remind me to never live inside your head . How do you say the word "school?"
spot

Post by spot »

The Reddit thread is repellent, I'd call it overtly racist. It's blatantly jew-baiting. The spelling is deliberate, it isn't accidental and it's clearly derogatory in the same way the alternatives it offers are.

Was there anything at all in the Reddit thread that actually made it sound tolerable? I have trouble with the site, it's locked out to non-subscribers, it's elitist and I never go near it, I've no idea why you think it clarifies anything about the choice of spelling.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

you know? All I know is that it's YOUR brain seeing it as you see it. I see nothing in terms of what you're referring. Schomo is what I have seen and how I've always typed and written it. Do you have difficulty with the word Homo Sapien as well?
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm you know? All I know is that it's YOUR brain seeing it as you see it. I see nothing in terms of what you're referring. Schomo is what I have seen and how I've always typed and written it. Do you have difficulty with the word Homo Sapien as well?
You're really claiming "A user from Australia says the name Schomo is of Australian origin and means "An unqualified leader"" is a derivation, and not a joke in bad taste?

You could, I suppose, simply be blind to the way some people weaponize language. The Reddit thread comments you linked to even has an explicit "Schlomo" in them to egg the joke onward, and if you honestly ("I see nothing in terms of what you're referring") think "Homo" has never been used as an abusive epithet then you might consider seeking advice. Mis-spelling the man's name to invoke stereotyped antisemitic or homophobic lolz is no more acceptable than playground bullying.

Just so the point of my link to Wikipedia isn't glossed over, "Schlomo" doesn't, despite its use in your Reddit article, redirect to Scott Morrison. It redirects to the extremely Hebrew King Solomon. Do please express surprise about that too, if you're still digging yourself deeper.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I honestly don't know what you're on about.
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:19 am I honestly don't know what you're on about.
That's been clear for the last several posts.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:19 am I honestly don't know what you're on about.
For what it's worth, you are not alone on that.
:shock:
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”