why? Dear god why are people protesting?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

why? Dear god why are people protesting?

Post by magentaflame »

You would think nobody else in the world has gone through a lockdown. The world has at least another year and a half of this horrible virus. There will be rolling lockdowns all over the world for many months to come. Just do as you are told and we can all look forward to a lot more freedom down the track.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Re: why? Dear god why are people protesting?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 pm You would think nobody else in the world has gone through a lockdown. The world has at least another year and a half of this horrible virus. There will be rolling lockdowns all over the world for many months to come. Just do as you are told and we can all look forward to a lot more freedom down the track.
Amen
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 pm Just do as you are told and we can all look forward to a lot more freedom down the track.
I love it when you get all optimistic like that. It'll be a giant asteroid next, you mark my words. Or carnivorous locust swarms. Or we'll discover the terrible truth of why crabgrass used to be called that, when it starts transforming again. As the Jarrow Diarist, one of Bob Dylan's early influences, wrote in the time of Matilda, "All are undonne, for yesternight harsh raines came a third time. Ye abbey is once more oerrun with skittering beastes wilwhom do eat all they encountre, and whence non may prevaile".

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 pm Amen

So now as I’m leavin’
I’m weary as Hell
The confusion I’m feelin’
Ain’t no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God’s on our side
He’ll stop the next war

https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/god-our-side/
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 pm You would think nobody else in the world has gone through a lockdown. The world has at least another year and a half of this horrible virus. There will be rolling lockdowns all over the world for many months to come. Just do as you are told and we can all look forward to a lot more freedom down the track.
I confess that I get a certain comfort from the fact that it is not just the Good Ol' US of A that is full of boneheaded twits who cannot stop to consider their actions and consequences.

I have been following NASA's new ability to track the rocks and ice balls fitting hither and thither across out planetary path, thinking that a good smacking from a heavenly object might be what it will take for us to realize that, after all, We are all in this together.

The other thing I have found fascinating of late is the bursting Methane pockets in the Arctic Tundra.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

It's been bloody horrible here for Melbournians, not so much for regional Victoria . But still pretty bad.

BUT IT"S WORKING!!!! And it looks like we could be out of it by Christmas. People are seeing the end game and have actually been doing the right thing. Even those having a sook about it.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

The Covid thing? Yes, we've been watching. There's even talk of a travel corridor to New Zealand at this rate. Even your Cardinal was allowed to fly out this week.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

yes yes .... we don't mention that things name. But maybe there is a God and the fine people in the Vatican may get him on something else .....or..... they just used an excuse to get him out of Australia. Anti laundering money investigation?

Yeah they are discussing opening up to New Zealand and a couple of Asian countries but they have to have the same restrictions, testing and lockdown bubble precautions.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:14 am The Covid thing? Yes, we've been watching. There's even talk of a travel corridor to New Zealand at this rate. Even your Cardinal was allowed to fly out this week.
My reason for the opening post was after seeing the police in London locking the city down to stop protests about wearing a mask and further restrictions?

Return to “General Chit Chat”