Doing time

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Doing time

Post by magentaflame »

Well house arrest maybe.
and yes before you even go there I'm having a whinge and I'm going through nothing compared to Melbournians at this present time ......but it's a whinge anyway.

I'm in isolation because of possible contact...between 24 and 72 hours it takes to get your results back. ....three and half days later still no result. I'm not allowed to ring and ask about my result until after five days. I'm not allowed back at work until I get the all clear. I've lost out on 8 days work so far because of the rigmarol in going to the doctor to get a referral then finding a place to get tested then the wait.

So being a good citizen I look up what it means to be isolated. It's all good ....just don't leave my property or have anyone on it with me. that's fine.

Wrong!

I looked at a different source and apparently I'm allowed in my backyard but not the front yard. oooookay... I'ts just that I was gardening in the front yard yesterday. I simply didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that. Considering where i was in the front yard it's a good ten to twelve feet to the public footpath. It should be okay.

I just want some clear and concise rules as to what I'm allowed and not allowed to do ..... Is that so fucking hard???? Nothing I've read is clear. Or from different sources ie the paper, government sites, or other is all slightly different. But considering the fines imposed now I don't want to be slapped with one for simply not knowing after doing the research.

Can you tell I've been cooped up for three days. God knows how Melbournians are going to cope for the next 6 weeks in stage 4 restrictions.

I want to be a good citizen, but god they are making it hard.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Betty Boop

Re: Doing time

Post by Betty Boop »

Your track and trace works then.

Arseholes here, I'm not sure there is a sensible name for them, are giving false information to gain access to pubs and restaurants.

Hope you get the results soon.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

They're also crying out about it being in breach of GDPR.

Basically, no matter what the Government does to meet the tasks demanded of it, the Opposition seem to go out of their way to shoot it down.
By it's very nature, Track & Trace requires that an individual's details, location & overall interactivity are recorded. You can't have that AND the Anonymity of GDPR. You have one or the other.
spot

Post by spot »

The Opposition??

I think perhaps you mean the idiot wing of the public-at-large.

If you can show any news article about the Labour Party claiming Track and Trace contravenes the GDPR, I'll eat my hat.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

Aside from the track and tracing, more important, how are you feeling, good I hope with no symptoms.
Cars :)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Betty Boop wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:18 am Your track and trace works then.

Arseholes here, I'm not sure there is a sensible name for them, are giving false information to gain access to pubs and restaurants.

Hope you get the results soon.
Nope they ditched that ages ago. the day they threw that app out of the window you guys took it up.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

cars wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:59 am Aside from the track and tracing, more important, how are you feeling, good I hope with no symptoms.
no symptoms....It was a "possible contact." So work said get tested. I wouldn't be popular at work if I made the oldies sick
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:26 pm I wouldn't be popular at work if I made the oldies sick
No sense of humour, some people.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I have found my calling with all of this social distancing.
We moved to a county where the population density is less than 2 people per Sq Mi
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

The first day of school started here today in the town next to mine. I fear for those poor children.

As last week, in another state here called Indiana, a photo was taken of the first day of school by a student in the hall of a school where hundreds of students were walking shoulder to shoulder,
on top of one another due to going to their "changing" of the classes for different subjects as is done here in USA.

It was reported today, that at least "6" of those students have already tested positive for Covid-19!!!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:32 am The Opposition??

If you can show any news article about the Labour Party claiming Track and Trace contravenes the GDPR, I'll eat my hat.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/test ... 03001.html
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:12 am
spot wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:32 am The Opposition??

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/test ... 03001.html
And if you read the article you'll see that not a single breach of privacy is even alleged. What the article points out is that in the rush to put the system in place, no assessment was done, and the assessment itself is a legal requirement.

What you wrote was that "You can't have that AND the Anonymity of GDPR. You have one or the other", which is nothing to do with the assessment. You're suggesting that the privacy requirements were breached and I'm quite sure they weren't.
cars

Post by cars »

cars wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:43 am The first day of school started here today in the town next to mine. I fear for those poor children.

As last week, in another state here called Indiana, a photo was taken of the first day of school by a student in the hall of a school where hundreds of students were walking shoulder to shoulder,
on top of one another due to going to their "changing" of the classes for different subjects as is done here in USA.

It was reported today, that at least "6" of those students have already tested positive for Covid-19!!!
And so it continues!!!
The same school has now quarantined up to 40 students,(more to follow) allowing them to study their class work virtually on line! Too late now for those infected!

On the 24th & 26th of this month several additional schools spread out all over the state are scheduled to open, requiring students to physically attend class.

Hope this does not occur, for the children's sake!
cars

Post by cars »

My Grandson starts his junior year of high school today! In Missouri, (mid west, in USA) God I hope they have a proper setup for the pandemic! He's in my prayers!
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:24 am My Grandson starts his junior year of high school today! In Missouri, (mid west, in USA) God I hope they have a proper setup for the pandemic! He's in my prayers!
I'm quite sure the advice for school-age children is truthful. While they can catch it and can spread it, the chance of them suffering any long-term effect is vanishingly small. I think in the whole of the UK there have been 5 deaths after a positive Covid-19 test in school age children, up until Jun 23rd. I've seen a Covid-19 mortality figure of 29 for all US children aged 14 or less, and 1 child for Canada.

That doesn't mean I think schools should re-open. An asymptomatic infected child going back home after school is a death sentence for some families, and the risk to teachers is far higher than if they were teaching remotely. I don't think re-opening endangers your 13 year old though.
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:57 am
cars wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:24 am My Grandson starts his junior year of high school today! In Missouri, (mid west, in USA) God I hope they have a proper setup for the pandemic! He's in my prayers!
I'm quite sure the advice for school-age children is truthful. While they can catch it and can spread it, the chance of them suffering any long-term effect is vanishingly small. I think in the whole of the UK there have been 5 deaths after a positive Covid-19 test in school age children, up until Jun 23rd. I've seen a Covid-19 mortality figure of 29 for all US children aged 14 or less, and 1 child for Canada.

That doesn't mean I think schools should re-open. An asymptomatic infected child going back home after school is a death sentence for some families, and the risk to teachers is far higher than if they were teaching remotely. I don't think re-opening endangers your 13 year old though.
He's a junior in high school here, makes him 17.
From what you say, the UK has the problem well in hand for their youngsters! Not so much here in the USA, the death rate is 125 as of July (and climbing) for the age group of youngsters up to 17!
spot

Post by spot »

Ah - the terminology and the practice is different and I never worked out what words like junior or high meant. We use neither term.

It doesn't help that the naming of years when I was at school is long since obsolete. What remains is that we switch schools three times, mostly, and we use hybrid naming, and we might have adopted a bit of US practice but I'm not sure.

The possibly US naming (though I bet it's originally German) which we currently use within our State-run educational sector is the K year. The word "State" means only that it is run by a local government department and that all places are provided free of charge, fully subsidized by taxation. The school itself might be privately owned for-profit or government-owned, the teachers are nearly all unionized and for the most part the manager started as a teacher.

Our school years invariably begin each September and consist of three terms (Fall, Winter and Spring). August is a six-week Summer Holiday and the terms switch with a two-week pause across Christmas and Easter, each also having a one-week half-term break. A child in England's State sector is put on the K-Zero roll at the start of the September before his 4th birthday and has the right to start attending a K-Zero class in a Primary school from the start of the term she turns 4, and an obligation to start K-1 twelve months later.

Primary schools run distinct year batches from K-Zero to K-6 after which a child must switch to a Secondary school for K-7,8,9,10 and 11 and switch again to a "Sixth Form College" for K-12 and K-13. Very occasionally the same site will house both a primary and secondary school, or a secondary school and a college, but that's mostly a historical accident.

That covers the 90% of children who attend a state school. Home-schooling is legal, though rare and subject to inspection. The remaining 10% pay with no state subsidy to attend a non-state school. We call these "Public Schools" because they're what's left from before education was made compulsory in 1880, the term Public meaning anyone could pay to send their child. From K-Zero to K-8 is called Preparatory School, after which K-9, 10,11,12 and 13 are School. Quite often both groups exist on the same site and some children move from the state to the public sector after K-6.

Pupils from both sectors, state and public, then merge into the Tertiary education phase, which is these days called University. Not, you'll note, College. College is invariably just K-12 and K-13. Just to confuse matters, some universities operate a Collegiate system where students are admitted to a sub-unit called a College. That is a different use of the word. Where it's employed the university issues degrees, a college admits both undergraduates and post-graduates for membership, membership of a college is a requirement for accessing a degree course at the university. Few universities do this.

So, with that as background - how on earth is a 17 year old referred to as a "Junior"? What age to children start attending high school in America and what do they start out being called when they get there?
cars

Post by cars »

School starts first grade- ranges between 5 or 6 years old, depending on actual child's birthday fitting into school's schedule.

High School ages here are Freshmen 15/16, Junior 16/17, Sofmore 17/18, senior 18/19.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:19 pm School starts first grade- ranges between 5 or 6 years old, depending on actual child's birthday fitting into school's schedule.

High School ages here are Freshmen 15/16, Junior 16/17, Sofmore 17/18, senior 18/19.
Woah, that’s different! Made more sense of the rest of the thread.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:36 pm
cars wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:19 pm School starts first grade- ranges between 5 or 6 years old, depending on actual child's birthday fitting into school's schedule.

I've been looking at Wikipedia. Apparently there's a Junior High school category called Middle. That's set me back a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_scho ... h_America)
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:36 pm

I've been looking at Wikipedia. Apparently there's a Junior High school category called Middle. That's set me back a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_scho ... h_America)
Yeah over the years here they decided that schools would be better to go from 1st grade through 6th, then they made "Middle school grades 7th and 8th, then High School. grades 9. 10. 11, 12.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Our school year begins in Jan and ends in Dec. They haven't quite figured out what will happen next year. For us, most kids have been in lockdown most of this pandemic. I'm hoping someone somewhere will give them all what they have missed out on this year. It's been awhile since I've had to think about school aged children but there are some memorable things grade sixes, VCE students and preps have missed out on. The poor little buggers have missed out on so much.

But in saying that, they have one thing up their sleeves. When their own kids miss out on something in the future they'll have the old ....."well, when I was a lad during the great pandemic......"
spot

Post by spot »

Whatever it is that Australia's doing, and including the recent blip, it's done magnificently. I'm sure keeping schools locked has contributed to that.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:46 pm Whatever it is that Australia's doing, and including the recent blip, it's done magnificently. I'm sure keeping schools locked has contributed to that.
What we did was ignore the Prime minister. States basically gave him and his prattling on about the economy the two fingers and stated a big NO. Health first, economy second. Time and a place. And now he and the treasurer have finally put their stupid need for the all important surplus aside and talking manufacturing and house building etc etc. You spend your way out of an economic downturn not squirrel money away based on some stupid conservative notion and ideology. Daniel Andrews has copped a bucket load of abuse from the prime minister and he ignores him. Every single day since this whole crap began he has not missed one day NOT ONE. to stand on that podeum and address Victorians as to the state of play and encouraging us to see it through. When a leader (who's now showing a bit of grey in his hair and losing weight) does that even those who didn't vote for him and some who hate him are showing admiration. He deserves a bloody medal. he said he'd see it through with us and that's exactly what he's done.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has fired back at Scott Morrison’s criticism of the State’s roadmap out of lockdown, warning of a false dawn if coronavirus infections return.

Mr Andrews said comparisons between Melbourne and NSW were neither helpful nor accurate after the prime minister said Sydney would be under curfew if Victorian standards applied.

Mr Morrison labelled the controversial plan as a “worst-case” scenario as he applied pressure to the under-fire state government.

“I’d say to the prime minister, the worst-case scenario is being open for three or four weeks and then closed down again,” Mr Andrews told reporters in Melbourne on Tuesday.

Victoria has set ambitious triggers to move between stages of reopening the economy, with November’s major step reliant on having no new cases for two weeks.

Mr Andrews insisted he maintained a good relationship with the prime minister despite the federal government ramping up attacks on Victoria in recent days.

“I’m not in any doubt that he, just as I, understands there’s no place for politics in this,” he said.

“This virus will not be defeated by playing politics. It’ll be defeated and put back into a manageable place by all of us being focused on working as hard as we can in as unified way as possible.”

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt disagrees on the length, time and thresholds of the roadmap.

Mr Hunt wants to see the data underpinning the “enormously difficult standards“ outlined in the plan.

“I think it should be provided not just to the Commonwealth but released publicly,” he told the ABC.

He compared the Victorian response to harsh lockdowns in the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus is believed to have originated.

“Wuhan was under lockdown for two-and-a-half months. Believe it or not, Melbourne will be under lockdown for three-and-a-half months,” he said.

“I think that will astonish people when they see that comparison.”

Coronavirus crisis: Daniel Andrews returns serve at Scott Morrison over lockdown
Matt Coughlan and Daniel McCulloch
AAP
Tue, 8 September 2020 1:23PM
Mr Andrews committed to ease restrictions in regional Victoria - where there were no new cases on Tuesday - based on data.
spot

Post by spot »

The one thing you cannot do is eliminate the virus from the country. Or the state. If there's a carrier who's still infectious after you let go of the controls, it's on its way back up again, and you can't test everyone. And if you did test everyone you'd get so many false positives you'd not catch the carriers. Somewhere at the end of your restrictions you still need to maintain residual restrictions, until you've vaccinated the country.

Daniel Andrews deserves applause and thanks, he's kept everyone's eye on what matters. Britain, by contrast, is in a shameful condition.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

They are talking about compulsory testing of essential workers every two weeks to a month. And when there is an outbreak close down the area of the outbreak rather than swathes of suburbs.. That way not everyone is effected. I think that's fair.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Our daily count....................

1.... Woohoo!!!!!!

And no deaths....THANK GOD!

of course it will change tomorrow but we're winning.

One step forward two steps back but we're winning.
cars

Post by cars »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 pm Our daily count....................

1.... Woohoo!!!!!!

Wow, that's terrific for you guys, we have 50,000 + new cases each day here currently, with around 1,000 deaths daily!! Many stupid people here just won't adhere to the Covid-19 safety protocols!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

cars wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm
magentaflame wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 pm Our daily count....................

1.... Woohoo!!!!!!

Wow, that's terrific for you guys, we have 50,000 + new cases each day here currently, with around 1,000 deaths daily!! Many stupid people here just won't adhere to the Covid-19 safety protocols!
Daniel looks like he has been sleeping on the run for the last 4 months. On top of all the covid stuff our esteemed federal government has thrown a spanner in the works. Can't see another term for Scott Morrison . They have tried to throw this man under a bus so many times with their politicking. 36:36 in the video
this is the daily update of Saturday I believe. He does this every single day. First the stats then the bad or good news then the questions and answers. ...... Reporters now know not to ask stupid questions of this man .

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

3 new cases in Victoria no new deaths.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well we did it. We all come out of lockdown (albeit to covid normal , not 'normal' normal ) between this Wednesday and the next. WOOHOO!!!
Cautiously though. Regional Victorians are still a bit gun shy of Melbournians going to rural areas. As long as we are sensible we should be able to have a normal Christmas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-26/ ... t/12811294
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The US is experiencing a significant new wave of the thing. Record numbers of cases in several states.

We are more or less hunkered down.
Though we drove across the state last week, to visit son and daughter-in-law, after she had surgery. Having the RV made a big difference.
We only entered one business, a burger joint in a small town in the mountains that was doing mostly drive-up business.

We Parked the RV in their drive-way, and cooked dinners at the house.
The trip back was the same way. We avoided any indoor activity. I even wiped down the fuel pumps when stopping to refuel.
at home, We wait a day after the postal carrier places mail in our box, and we only venture in to town for a weekly grocery run.

Got home just in time for the first Winter Storm of the season to roll in. It is nice to just look out the window at the ice and say, "I got nowhere I need to be."
Only going outside when the dog needs to take care of her business.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:05 pm The US is experiencing a significant new wave of the thing. Record numbers of cases in several states.

We are more or less hunkered down.
Though we drove across the state last week, to visit son and daughter-in-law, after she had surgery. Having the RV made a big difference.
We only entered one business, a burger joint in a small town in the mountains that was doing mostly drive-up business.

We Parked the RV in their drive-way, and cooked dinners at the house.
The trip back was the same way. We avoided any indoor activity. I even wiped down the fuel pumps when stopping to refuel.
at home, We wait a day after the postal carrier places mail in our box, and we only venture in to town for a weekly grocery run.

Got home just in time for the first Winter Storm of the season to roll in. It is nice to just look out the window at the ice and say, "I got nowhere I need to be."
Only going outside when the dog needs to take care of her business.
I wasn't aware America had even come out of the first wave yet. Trump's perpetual preaching to his gullible masses that it is a harmless hoax & that the contagion is just "Fake News" means that their numbers continue to rise. Whilst the rest of the world are just starting to go into a 2nd Wave, Trump is still leading his minions through the 1st one.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 am I wasn't aware America had even come out of the first wave yet. Trump's perpetual preaching to his gullible masses that it is a harmless hoax & that the contagion is just "Fake News" means that their numbers continue to rise. Whilst the rest of the world are just starting to go into a 2nd Wave, Trump is still leading his minions through the 1st one.

It depends on how you interpret this plot of US daily cases. Some might label the current uptick as the start of a third. We'll know later, when it breaks into six digits.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 am
I wasn't aware America had even come out of the first wave yet. Trump's perpetual preaching to his gullible masses that it is a harmless hoax & that the contagion is just "Fake News" means that their numbers continue to rise. Whilst the rest of the world are just starting to go into a 2nd Wave, Trump is still leading his minions through the 1st one.
Oh, yes. We weathered the "First Wave" and things settled down for a while, but then, folks got bored, and started venturing out into the Public Space.

The new wave is coming on, now, and many medical facilities are feeling the heat.
ASIDE:
Just the other day, I went to the hardware store in the next county. They had the local paper at the checkout, I picked it up to read. The headlines were about the County experiencing an average of nearly 20 cases a week over the last two months. This is a county with about 10000 residents, and a population density of about 2-3 people per acre.
As I looked around, I noticed that of the dozen people in the store, I was the only one wearing a mask.

I would suggest that the "First Wave" was that July uptick. The Second wave is just really gathering, and will present itself when everybody is bored with hunkering down for the Winter.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Some states around the world are experiencing their third wave. This isn't going to go away. I think we're just going to isolate clusters from now on.
And Mr Andrews calls it a day after 120 press conferences in a row.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... -c-1485934
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well we're in stage four lockdown. This is new for regional and rural Victoria. Melbourne has been through it for six weeks before so they are old hats. The whinging I'm on hearing on the radio though....bloody hell! It came into effect last night and quite frankly it feels just like the Easter long weekend. Nobody complains about that. Five days is not going to kill anyone.
-Observation number one. Sports presenters have no taste in music. Because there is no sport to report on, they are playing a selection of music NOBODY wants to hear.
-Observation number two. All the rev heads with their hotted up cars around town have to stay home.....it's peaceful in the street.
-Observation number three. The internet is nearly broken. And my phone keeps dropping out. High volume tends to do that. Last time it was a portion of people needing it but now it's the whole state so I suppose there were always going to be problems.

Back with a daily update tomorrow.
cars

Post by cars »

Currently I'm still doing time, still mostly "sheltering in place", waiting till 3/9/21 when I get my "second' covid shot, and then have to wait 10 to 14 more days after that to become immune to the Covid-19 virus!
It has been said, even after all that, I still will need to wear mask, and social distance to protect others in case I may be carrying the virus!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

My first jab this morning - I don’t like needles but I’m looking forward to this one :-)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:47 am My first jab this morning - I don’t like needles but I’m looking forward to this one :-)
A little over a week since my first. Aside from a nagging headache the next day, no ill effects.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:19 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:47 am My first jab this morning - I don’t like needles but I’m looking forward to this one :-)
A little over a week since my first. Aside from a nagging headache the next day, no ill effects.
No reaction so far. Just beginning to feel a little tenderness in that arm but that’s most likely due to spending the afternoon pruning the fruit trees in the back garden.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Did any of you get a lollypop?

Well at least we're out of lockdown again. Vaccinations begin in NSW's on Monday I think . 35,000 health workers first.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:15 pm Did any of you get a lollypop?

Well at least we're out of lockdown again. Vaccinations begin in NSW's on Monday I think . 35,000 health workers first.
I remember getting a sugar cube, does that count?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:55 pm
magentaflame wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:15 pm Did any of you get a lollypop?

I remember getting a sugar cube, does that count?
I asked because I was in hospital on Monday and had a conversation with one of the nurses about the two freezers they've acquired for the vaccines. We spoke of the number of anti Vaccers and she said it's okay just offer those types a lollypop and they'll soon line up.... I thought it rather funny. And then she told a doctor off. but that's another story.
cars

Post by cars »

cars wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:13 pm Currently I'm still doing time, still mostly "sheltering in place", waiting till 3/9/21 when I get my "second' covid shot, and then have to wait 10 to 14 more days after that to become immune to the Covid-19 virus!
It has been said, even after all that, I still will need to wear mask, and social distance to protect others in case I may be carrying the virus!

So today I was able to make plans to return (Fly back) to NE at the end of April, now that we will be protected by the Covid vaccine! Yea!

It's going to be strange going back, since it will be close to 1-1/2 years that we have been away, we were never gone more than 6 months.
It's still too cold to return any sooner. NE even in May, temps will only be in the 50's / 60's.
cars

Post by cars »

cars wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 pm
cars wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:13 pm Currently I'm still doing time, still mostly "sheltering in place", waiting till 3/9/21 when I get my "second' covid shot, and then have to wait 10 to 14 more days after that to become immune to the Covid-19 virus!

So today I was able to make plans to return (Fly back) to NE at the end of April, now that we will be protected by the Covid vaccine! Yea!

It's going to be strange going back, since it will be close to 1-1/2 years that we have been away, we were never gone more than 6 months.
It's still too cold to return any sooner. NE even in May, temps will only be in the 50's / 60's.
Well got my second shot late this afternoon, so far so good. Don't want to say too much until I see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow morning.
But mentally feeling, it feels "liberating"!!! About time!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

cars wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Well got my second shot late this afternoon, so far so good. Don't want to say too much until I see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow morning.
Good news.
I got my second today, as well. Hope you get to go home soon. We have our RV, and are planning to head down to Florida at the end of April. Grandkid graduating College first part of May.
Then we hope to take a leisurely trip back this way.

The latest from CDC says people who have completed Vaccine regimen can hang out with others who have done so, without masks and distancing, but we can still pass it on to "Un-vaxed" people for a day or so, if we are exposed to it.

I can see Clubs and Bars and restaurants requiring a Vax Card before being allowed entry.
Will there then be a market for counterfeit VAX Cards?
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:08 pm
cars wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Good news.
I got my second today, as well. Hope you get to go home soon. We have our RV, and are planning to head down to Florida at the end of April. Grandkid graduating College first part of May.
Then we hope to take a leisurely trip back this way.

The latest from CDC says people who have completed Vaccine regimen can hang out with others who have done so, without masks and distancing, but we can still pass it on to "Un-vaxed" people for a day or so, if we are exposed to it.

I can see Clubs and Bars and restaurants requiring a Vax Card before being allowed entry.
Will there then be a market for counterfeit VAX Cards?
Thanks, looks like we are both on the path back to normalcy, what ever that is these days.

Counterfeit cards will not be very hard to create, as mine is just on a regular 40 weight 3"x4" piece of paper stock, (no holograms) nothing like a license card.

Well, good luck to us, have a great trip, We go back to NE the end of April, looking forward to that.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

You two are so cute. You sound like a couple of Grey Nomads. :D
cars

Post by cars »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:05 pm You two are so cute. You sound like a couple of Grey Nomads. :D
:mrgreen:

We are just happy to finally have been vaccinated, I for one, mentally feel "liberated"!! It's about time! I sympathize with those who are still waiting.

Return to “General Chit Chat”