The Weather Report.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

The Weather Report.

Post by magentaflame »

Pretty much to give everyone something else to whinge about :lol: You know? Normal every day whiney stuff we seemed to have forgotten about.
Put the date and time in your description of the weather you are experiencing at the time of writing your comment.
Winter has burst through the door shouting "I"M HERE!" in the last week.

well ...for me on the 6th of July 8:36 am it's cold (8 deg C) drizzle, grey skies here in Gippsland Victoria. Typical winter morning. Feeding the magpies that come to visit the guard house when my shift is on. They look cold too, but they are giving me a lovely song.

Has anyone noticed anything about the weather since planes have not been flying? That's a lot of pollution that has had the guts ripped out of it. I know the sky is a lot clearer at night. I've never before been able to take a photo of stars with my phone. Now all the stars are bright enough to photograph, it's weird but lovely.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
cars

Re: The Weather Report.

Post by cars »

Well here in Florida, we have the exact opposite! Oppressive HEAT! With the heat index here at around 4pm it felt like 109!!! Way too HOT!
Cars :)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

yes I'm not a fan of humidity. Hence why I don't live in Queensland. (well humidity and they're all red necks)

4 pm and nearly 43 cel. YUCK!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

It's never reached 40°C in the UK as far as I know.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:52 pm yes I'm not a fan of humidity. Hence why I don't live in Queensland. (well humidity and they're all red necks)

Right, we hate humidity as well, that's why we always spent December through May here in Florida, and then returned to NE for the summer! When it's hot, but no where near as humid.

Covid-19 ruined that for us, couldn't get a flight home to NE all booked, and so we have to stay here indefinitely.
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am
magentaflame wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:52 pm yes I'm not a fan of humidity. Hence why I don't live in Queensland. (well humidity and they're all red necks)

Right, we hate humidity as well, that's why we always spent December through May here in Florida, and then returned to NE for the summer! When it's hot, but no where near as humid.

Covid-19 ruined that for us, couldn't get a flight home to NE all booked, and so we have to stay here indefinitely.
Perhaps you could both think of taking an apartment in Havana for the rest of the year, The whole of Cuba is down to single figures for new cases each day and you might find the place interesting, and it's nearby.

Estudio Economico y cerquita de la Fabrica de Arte
Entire flat in La Habana
3 guests · 1 bedroom · 2 beds · 1 bathroom
Air conditioning · Kitchen
Rating 4.88 out of 5
43 reviews, Price:£288 / month

Round the corner from the museum, in the old city.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:31 am
cars wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am

Perhaps you could both think of taking an apartment in Havana for the rest of the year, The whole of Cuba is down to single figures for new cases each day and you might find the place interesting, and it's nearby.

Estudio Economico y cerquita de la Fabrica de Arte
Entire flat in La Habana
3 guests · 1 bedroom · 2 beds · 1 bathroom
Air conditioning · Kitchen
Rating 4.88 out of 5
43 reviews, Price:£288 / month

Round the corner from the museum, in the old city.
It's too far to swim! :lol: Can't fly, Can't boat.
spot

Post by spot »

It's as flat as millpond out there. I remember all those Travis McGee novels set around Fort Lauderdale and he took a houseboat out to the islands and arrived the same day.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 am It's as flat as millpond out there. I remember all those Travis McGee novels set around Fort Lauderdale and he took a houseboat out to the islands and arrived the same day.
The islands he went to were more like the remote Keys to the south west, or The Bahamas,. Some days, it is glassy and clear among the keys and even The Bahamas.
He never made the trip across the Straight of Florida in that thing.
From Ft Lauderdale to Freeport is an easy run when the weather cooperates.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 am It's as flat as millpond out there. I remember all those Travis McGee novels set around Fort Lauderdale and he took a houseboat out to the islands and arrived the same day.
Calm waters has nothing to do with it at all.

Covid -19 precautions are paramount, don't want to be in a confined heavy populated environment. Plane or boat.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You could rent a car, one-way.
We did that when we went to Maine last month.
Wouldn't be much off the cost of flying two people.
Though, finding a hotel along the way might require some planning. if you can't drive straight through.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Maine is a lovely place.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:34 pm Maine is a lovely place.
It is. In the Summertime.
Winter, ..., not so much.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm
I was there in January I thought it was pretty. Only time I've seen snow on a beach. (that's just weird)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:42 pm
I was there in January I thought it was pretty. Only time I've seen snow on a beach. (that's just weird)
I can see the attraction.
Being there for a short time, I'm sure is fascinating. But living there full time in the winter would get old very quickly.

I love it in the Summer.
We are working on a routine.
Florida in the winter, (or maybe Arizona one winter, Florida the next)
Work our way North in the Spring, Summer in Maine, then meander West in the Autumn, and start over.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:47 pm
magentaflame wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:42 pm
I can see the attraction.
Being there for a short time, I'm sure is fascinating. But living there full time in the winter would get old very quickly.

I love it in the Summer.
We are working on a routine.
Florida in the winter, (or maybe Arizona one winter, Florida the next)
Work our way North in the Spring, Summer in Maine, then meander West in the Autumn, and start over.
Donning boots and heavy winter gear just to go outside for a smoke got old very quickly :lol:
I was thinking in the future (ie after retirement) going north for the winter months and south for summer. Put it this way, it's 5 deg where I am at the moment . It's 32 in Kunnanarra in the NT......I know where I'd prefer to be at the moment. :lol:

Return to “General Chit Chat”