you're privacy and identity being used by Facebook

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

you're privacy and identity being used by Facebook

Post by magentaflame »

3:35;20 in the broadcast. I was stunned by this information. We're being had.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/o ... s/12375888

If you have had anything to do with (over the net) anyone that has ever been on Facebook, even though you've never used Facebook you have a Facebook profile. Facebook has made one for you ....... isn't that nice.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Re: you're privacy and identity being used by Facebook

Post by spot »

They'll have an obligation to supply you with a complete report on everything they hold about you. Including that you asked for the list, of course.

I could look for the request form, it's bound to be out there. It would be easier for someone with a Facebook account to find though.

There are white page companies that do the same, and credit check companies, and a hundred other sorts of companies. I just keep a low profile.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I think it's too late for me.........SAVE YOURSELVES! :?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:35 pm They'll have an obligation to supply you with a complete report on everything they hold about you. Including that you asked for the list, of course.

I could look for the request form, it's bound to be out there. It would be easier for someone with a Facebook account to find though.

There are white page companies that do the same, and credit check companies, and a hundred other sorts of companies. I just keep a low profile.
I’d love to know what they hold on me. People keep putting my photo’ up even though I’ve asked them not to because of the facial recognition software.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You tossed your privacy out the window the first time you ever began browsing the internet.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:12 am You tossed your privacy out the window the first time you ever began browsing the internet.

I love those untrue sweeping statements. With every company, lawyer, postal service etc etc you've ever dealt with you expect them to protect your information do you not? If those institutions spread spread your privacy around or said they owned your information you'd go spare wouldn't you?
spot

Post by spot »

We were actually very protective of privacy back in the early 90s as a default state, before the Department of Commerce took control of the registries.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:59 am
LarsMac wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:12 am You tossed your privacy out the window the first time you ever began browsing the internet.

I love those untrue sweeping statements. With every company, lawyer, postal service etc etc you've ever dealt with you expect them to protect your information do you not? If those institutions spread spread your privacy around or said they owned your information you'd go spare wouldn't you?
Being on the internet is not unlike walking the streets of your average city. everything you do can be seen by anyone who happens to be around and notices you. If you capture their attention, they will watch to see what you are up to. If they are REALLY interested, they will follow you around and keep watching.
There are measures that you can take to either avoid their interest, or become so boring that they simply find another object of interest.
The bigger the city, the more busy all of the people are, and the less likely you are to be interesting to others.

And fortunately, there are many people who work very hard at gaining the attention of other people on the internet.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”