Wow, I HAVE BEEN . . . . . . .

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Wow, I HAVE BEEN . . . . . . .

Post by cars »

. . . . . . .trying go log in here for over a week! I had PW problems, finally got them resolved!

cars
Cars :)
Bryn Mawr

Re: Wow, I HAVE BEEN . . . . . . .

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:36 am . . . . . . .trying go log in here for over a week! I had PW problems, finally got them resolved!

cars
Glad you finally made it, welcome to the new look Garden :D
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:36 am . . . . . . .trying go log in here for over a week! I had PW problems, finally got them resolved!

cars
We had a fight finding an email provider that thought we weren't spammers.

Welcome to the revamp.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

Thanks Bryn, Spot, I'm still having a problem with the system remembering me. I clicked on the "remember me" box 3 times, and it started over each time, and did not log me in. It just did now.

As far as the looks of the board, it looks great! Streamlined, and modern looking, well done!
Cars :)
FourPart2

Post by FourPart2 »

I've had to register a new account altogether. Even that was a problem because each time I tried to Activate I got an Internal Server Error.

I think the email address I originally registered under no longer exists.

I tried emailing admin but got no reply.

Can someone reset my account to get rid of the 2? Or better still, remove this one altogether & set my old account back up with my new email address (the one on this account).
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart2 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:49 pm I've had to register a new account altogether. Even that was a problem because each time I tried to Activate I got an Internal Server Error.

I tried emailing admin but got no reply.

Can someone reset my account to get rid of the 2? Or better still, remove this one altogether & set my old account back up with my new email address (the one on this account).
Done, see e-mail

If you swap user I’ll close the number two account.
spot

Post by spot »

I'll post this again here, in case there are still people with obsolete email addresses in the system. I can see "bounced email" notifications and some might end up in spam filters on the client software but there seem to be no actual rejections by email providers at the moment.
EMAILS sent from forumgarden.com since the move to the new host are not being delivered, because we haven't found out how to look trustworthy yet.

Emails sent to forumgarden are all getting here thank you. Send them to admin@forumgarden.com and they pop up on my laptop and I can reply and those replies get through.

The automated emails might be working by tomorrow, at least I hope so. Until they're working, the "forgotten password" emails are not going out so nobody can log in. If you email me I'll set a temporary password by hand.

If I knew more about email it would be less of a problem.
What I posted on Saturday about the "internal server error" was that the only system affected was new registrations, not password resets or contact emails, and since new registrations are entirely spammers at the moment I'm quite happy for the system provider to reboot his machine during the week instead of on a Sunday.
That turns out to have been true of a third of the membership. The site's problem is that it has absolutely no way of fore-warning them of the problem because email is our only way of staying in touch.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Yay!! Am back - with Avengence.

(I've named the spider in the corner Avengence)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:40 am Yay!! Am back - with Avengence.

(I've named the spider in the corner Avengence)
Great, good to see it :D

I’ll close your second user :-)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Yeah ...I went back to fuzzybutt and had the same problem. You can delete that too if you want. It's funny how I tried the same process as Fourpart. humans are rather predictable on a computer if you've noticed.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

If you need to appear on an internet list to know whether you're someone's friend, you may have problems a computer can't solve.

Merlin Mann
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

magentaflame wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 pm Yeah ...I went back to fuzzybutt and had the same problem. You can delete that too if you want. It's funny how I tried the same process as Fourpart. humans are rather predictable on a computer if you've noticed.
It's a logical chain of thought. Think logically & you tend to take the same path.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

A dog can only think like a dog. a deer can only think in it's capacity of a deer ....humans can can think in their capacity as a human. that's why we are predictable. We have a lot of wiggle room but we still think alike to some degree. (except for google searches females seem to find more because we're more expressive in our words.)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:49 pm(except for google searches females seem to find more because we're more expressive in our words.)
I was about to suggest that good google searching needs an ability to focus mentally, but I decided not to.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:55 pm
magentaflame wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:49 pm(except for google searches females seem to find more because we're more expressive in our words.)
I was about to suggest that good google searching needs an ability to focus mentally, but I decided not to.
the ex husband couldn't do a search to save himself. I was always the one to tell him the words to put in. It's basically like talking to a woman or asking a woman a question. You have to know how to ask them a question. Mansplaining doesn't work for women nor search engines.

Return to “General Chit Chat”