Hope Everyone is Staying Safe?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Hi everybody. It's been a long time but in these times of illness and distress I wanted to check in and see if everybody is okay.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So happy to hear from you.

Hope you are well.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

LarsMac;1531644 wrote: So happy to hear from you.

Hope you are well.

Well hey there! it's great tosee you. We are fine. Are you doing okay?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Hope6;1531646 wrote: Well hey there! it's great tosee you. We are fine. Are you doing okay?

Well, we've had our share of "adventures" but we are still kickin'.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

LarsMac;1531652 wrote: Well, we've had our share of "adventures" but we are still kickin'.

Yes I have had some adventures of my own.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Good to hear from you Hope.

Doing what I can - I'm retired

& helping my community with their needs.

Hopefully we - Our Country will never experience a crisis like this one again.

stressful time

Our state count jumped to 238 confirmed cases -that's 215 cases from last week.

Patsy
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Patsy Warnick;1531654 wrote: Good to hear from you Hope.

Doing what I can - I'm retired

& helping my community with their needs.

Hopefully we - Our Country will never experience a crisis like this one again.

stressful time

Our state count jumped to 238 confirmed cases -that's 215 cases from last week.

Patsy

Hi Patsy! so good to hear from you. I hope you are staying safe. I agree I hope we never have to experience anything like this again.
spot

Post by spot »

It's wonderful to see you online again, I'm glad you're keeping safe and it's kind of you to check on us. Others drop by occasionally, I think Facebook took over the social side of the Internet.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

spot;1531658 wrote: It's wonderful to see you online again, I'm glad you're keeping safe and it's kind of you to check on us. Others drop by occasionally, I think Facebook took over the social side of the Internet.

Hi Spot it's good to see you too. Yes everybody seems to be on Facebook. I don't go on there myself, to time consuming.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hi and welcome back :-6

From this end, family all ok so far, the kids have placed us in self isolation :-) We wouldn’t take it so far but they’re acting like we’re fragile invalids in our dotage.

All very tedious but the garden is looking better for it and I suppose it’s for the best.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Bryn Mawr;1531669 wrote: Hi and welcome back :-6

From this end, family all ok so far, the kids have placed us in self isolation :-) We wouldn’t take it so far but they’re acting like we’re fragile invalids in our dotage.

All very tedious but the garden is looking better for it and I suppose it’s for the best.

Glad to hear you are doing okay. You can never be to careful I think.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I took part in the National UK "Clap For Carers" event last night.

For those not in the UK who are unaware of what this is, it was an event organised whereby at 20:00 throughout the country, everyone would come to their windows / doors & give a round of applause for our NHS (National Health Service) Staff as a sign of appreciation for everything they're doing whilst putting themselves very much at risk during this time of a Global Crisis.

To be honest I wasn't really expecting much - half expecting to be the only person at my window, clapping on my own. I was wrong. The entire country went wild. Clapping, Cheering, Air Horns, Fireworks, Ships' Hooters, Pots & Pans banging.

It gave me goosebumps to know how much our NHS is really appreciated.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

FourPart;1531715 wrote: I took part in the National UK "Clap For Carers" event last night.

For those not in the UK who are unaware of what this is, it was an event organised whereby at 20:00 throughout the country, everyone would come to their windows / doors & give a round of applause for our NHS (National Health Service) Staff as a sign of appreciation for everything they're doing whilst putting themselves very much at risk during this time of a Global Crisis.

To be honest I wasn't really expecting much - half expecting to be the only person at my window, clapping on my own. I was wrong. The entire country went wild. Clapping, Cheering, Air Horns, Fireworks, Ships' Hooters, Pots & Pans banging.

It gave me goosebumps to know how much our NHS is really appreciated.

That's great! I saw something on TV about people cheering from their windows at places here when the hospital workers came out to change shifts. It's much appreciated. My husband works in the hospital, every day when he goes to work he's taking his life and ours too in his hands.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Hope6;1531723 wrote: That's great! I saw something on TV about people cheering from their windows at places here when the hospital workers came out to change shifts. It's much appreciated. My husband works in the hospital, every day when he goes to work he's taking his life and ours too in his hands.

My Mother was a Nurse. My Brother is a Senior Theatre Practitioner (Leading Anaethestetist), and in my last job, even I worked in the Care Sector where, as an Out Of Hours Emergency Call Handler, if no-one was available I had to go out & do the job myself, and it is not a job I would ever want to do again. It gave me a new respect for all Carers.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I'm still working thankfully. We've had only three positive results in our town . People have settled down a bit now and are staying home and not so much panic buying now.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
cars

Post by cars »

Hi Hope good to see you, glad you're doing good in these trying times. We're doing good here so far, as we are "sheltering in place", and ordering food from local supermarket and having it delivered through "instacart" delivery service, to outside our door. To all here, stay safe, be smart, and good luck to us all!
Cars :)
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

All this week I've been working from home. This involved when logging on the office system sending me an initialisation call. This remains connected (or is supposed to) throughout. It also uses the MFA App for Security Authentication. The problem is that Mobiles are not meant for 9 hour calls, day after day, and today my phone totally died. What's more I only bought it in November. I've put in for a Returns / Refund under Warranty, but failing that I'll be pushing for compensation from work. For the rest of the afternoon I was just doing Basket Work - sorting through some Email Enquiries - 99% of which were sent to the wrong department. I was going through the Prepayment Emails, but most of them were enquiries about their Bills, so I just had to re-route them to the Billing Basket.

I so miss the cut & thrust of being on the phoneline. I just love getting people back on supply, or keeping them on supply.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

FourPart;1531727 wrote: My Mother was a Nurse. My Brother is a Senior Theatre Practitioner (Leading Anaethestetist), and in my last job, even I worked in the Care Sector where, as an Out Of Hours Emergency Call Handler, if no-one was available I had to go out & do the job myself, and it is not a job I would ever want to do again. It gave me a new respect for all Carers.

Yes our medical workers are heroes plain and simple and I'm so glad they are getting the appreciation they deserve.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

cars;1531946 wrote: Hi Hope good to see you, glad you're doing good in these trying times. We're doing good here so far, as we are "sheltering in place", and ordering food from local supermarket and having it delivered through "instacart" delivery service, to outside our door. To all here, stay safe, be smart, and good luck to us all!

Hi there!!! it's great to hear from you! I'm glad that y'all are staying safe. We are to far out in the sticks for any stores to deliver here but that's a good thing too. We don't have to worry much about staying away from other people. (:
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

HEY!!! my little smiley faces over there aren't working!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Hope6;1532051 wrote: HEY!!! my little smiley faces over there aren't working!

Lots of things on here are broke now.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

FourPart;1532059 wrote: Lots of things on here are broke now.

Awww I always loved my little smiley faces!

Return to “General Chit Chat”