Documentary recomendations

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Documentaries are my jam. I've mainly stuck with music and actors, their background and story, etc. Would lke to branch out. Currently watching Princess Diana and Fergie Docs.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I recently watched the Netflix doc on Arron Hernandez. I think there is a documentary channel now too. Also, I've found PBS's Frontline to be informative.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

BBC TV in 1969 - Journalist James Cameron at NASA

•6 Jan 2008

That is the documentary form in total perfection, by the best commentator I can remember from watching 200 continuous years of broadcasting, and the clip is less than ten minutes.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

You can have our royal family (although harry has gone up in my estimation ) in fact after the tories have sold off the NHS they mught just trade them as well.

How about the history of your own state? It looks fascinating and depressing at the same time.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

If you like Documentaries, Check out Curiosity Stream https://curiositystream.com/

They have all sorts of very interesting programs. The cost is very reasonable.

Worth every penny, I think
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Al Jazeera has broadcast some wonderful documentaries this year, the standard is high and their topics interesting. You might give the channel a go for the occasional hour and see if it fits your interest.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/specialseries/

Particularly, to get you started, "In Search of India's Soul: From Mughals to Modi" and "Surviving the 'swallow,' DR Congo's train of death".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1530566 wrote: Al Jazeera has broadcast some wonderful documentaries this year, the standard is high and their topics interesting. You might give the channel a go for the occasional hour and see if it fits your interest.

Particularly, to get you started, "In Search of India's Soul: From Mughals to Modi" and "Surviving the 'swallow,' DR Congo's train of death".

"In Search of India's Soul: From Mughals to Modi" seems to no longer be available.

I was watching last month, but did not finish it.

Oops. Nevermind. They have just moved it.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/sp ... 17949.html
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1530576 wrote: "In Search of India's Soul: From Mughals to Modi" seems to no longer be available.

I thought the nationalist chap with the pistol on his desk and the bee in his bonnet was particularly scary.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1530566 wrote: Al Jazeera has broadcast some wonderful documentaries this year, the standard is high and their topics interesting. You might give the channel a go for the occasional hour and see if it fits your interest.

always my go to news if I want to know anything overseas. NNK and DNS as well
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The Australian Dream. It shows the culture of modern Australia. Seen through the eyes of a decent man....and yes England has to get rid of the term Terra nulius from our history books . It's wrong and has caused a mountain of problems. Hopefully one day it will be Prince Williams legacy....maybe his dad but nobody is holding their breath.

Australia the story of Us, is another . https://documentaryaustralia.com.au/projects/
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I'm so excited! Thanks for the suggestions. And yes, Missouri has an interesting but mostly sad past. I've also watched docs on 'Hillbilly life" and "farm steading" and it's like a walk down memory lane (for Southern Missouri that is)
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

"Computers will have to ask the questions"

I'm fascinated!

spot;1530530 wrote: BBC TV in 1969 - Journalist James Cameron at NASA

•6 Jan 2008

That is the documentary form in total perfection, by the best commentator I can remember from watching 200 continuous years of broadcasting, and the clip is less than ten minutes.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I did look at this and yes, super cheap, and available across all devices from one account! I bounce from work vehicle ipad, to dining room imac, to bedroom smart TV to car line phone all the time. Thanks for the tip.

LarsMac;1530550 wrote: If you like Documentaries, Check out Curiosity Stream https://curiositystream.com/

They have all sorts of very interesting programs. The cost is very reasonable.

Worth every penny, I think
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

The Swallow one won't play but I'm still looking for an alternate place. Watching this one now, thanks.

LarsMac;1530576 wrote: "In Search of India's Soul: From Mughals to Modi" seems to no longer be available.

Oops. Nevermind. They have just moved it.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/sp ... 17949.html
spot

Post by spot »

devist8me;1530518 wrote: Would like to branch out.

Here's eighteen minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Big Clive is always interesting regardless of his chosen topic.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Fascinating!! Those look nothing like US MREs!

Clive's a hoot too

spot;1530691 wrote: Here's eighteen minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Big Clive is always interesting regardless of his chosen topic.

Return to “General Chit Chat”