Good morning / Good afternoon / Good evening....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Good morning everyone !

Have a nice week !
spot

Post by spot »

And you too.

It's a national holiday in England. What that means in practice is that the airline pilots and baggage handlers are on strike, the train drivers are on strike, the rail network is engaged in upgrading the line which cancels trains and diverts passengers onto replacement coaches, we have an unscrupulous conman in charge of the government and to top it all the weather is unmitigatedly sunny.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Orion79;1524600 wrote: Good morning everyone !

Have a nice week !

Let's hope that today is better than yesterday !
cars

Post by cars »

Orion79;1524600 wrote: Good morning everyone !

Have a nice week !

Likewise. Today has been better then yesterday, tomorrow is unknown.
Cars :)
spot

Post by spot »

cars;1524647 wrote: Likewise. Today has been better then yesterday, tomorrow is unknown.

Yesterday lied, the ropethreads perish, tomorrow fades away. Remember the questions.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Good evening !

Attached files
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Good morning !

Attached files
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Have a nice week !
chocoholic

Post by chocoholic »

Thank you, hope you enjoy your week too.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

What is it about the posting system that marks every post from Orion at 8.56 local time ?

Does somebody manually collect all posts once a day and then apply the same time date ?
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526657 wrote: What is it about the posting system that marks every post from Orion at 8.56 local time ?

Does somebody manually collect all posts once a day and then apply the same time date ?

I'm not sure where you're looking. The timestamps in the green bar at the top of each post form an unexceptionable pattern of posting. The "Local Time" field under the avatar also shows the local time for any given user, so you can tell whether she's sleeping or merely skiving during an ongoing conversation.

y-axis: hour of post

x-axis: breakfast to midnight, posts sorted in that order
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I have no idea where I am going , permanently .

But Orion's several posts are all time stamped -- local 8.56. See LHS of page .

And I wondered, why .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526666 wrote: I have no idea where I am going , permanently .

But Orion's several posts are all time stamped -- local 8.56. See LHS of page .

And I wondered, why .

Yes, that's the local time for the user when the page refreshes on your screen. If I were in California then this post would show as 3:57am instead of 11:57am when I post it, and later than that when you come to view it but with the same 8 hour time difference.

The last time I used a system which gathered all the posts for the day into a single batch and distributed them was... what did they call it. It's gone from my memory. It was on a BBS, I used Telix and SLMR for access and the site ran Wildcat, and the posting system directed off-site mail to FIDO - there, I got it eventually. Back in the early nineties.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

spot;1526667 wrote: -----------------------------

It was on a BBS, I used Telix and SLMR for access and the site ran Wildcat, and the posting system directed off-site mail to FIDO - there, I got it eventually. Back in the early nineties.

I was in Burkina Faso for a time -- in Ouagadougou .

I recall that dialect even though I don't understand it .
spot

Post by spot »

I had an email from there just this morning.

I am Mr Peter Morgan Manager in African Development Bank (ADB) Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to establish with you for the mutual benefit of you and I. This fund was deposited in our bank by Mr. Kattan Azmal from Jordan who died in a plane crash in 2000 TBM 700 aircraft on 31st July with his wife and the whole crew on board.

Apparently he can assist me with my cashflow.

French, the TBM 700, made by Daher. I can't bring that crash to mind.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I am still lost as to why Orion's posts are only collected at 8.56 .

Is it because the sum of the three numbers is a prime ? All other times before 9.00 are not .

Eureka .

Why is the New Posts list a joke .

A rolling list of all of the most recent New Posts would be useful .

Or is every post moderator inspected and some are lost, others sent to Snopes for checking and some even to NSA for comment ?

Where is our cloud ? Would my home made Direct Energy Laser kick some life into it ?
spot

Post by spot »

Here are the three URLs you need on your bookmark toolbar in order to access the site intelligibly.

subscription.php

online.php?who=members&ua=1&order=desc& ... 200&page=1

search.php?do=getdaily

I also tend to use the New Posts hyperlink to check what threads exist which I'm currently ignoring. A thread will disappear from that list once opened, until someone adds yet another post to it. That's why the threads listed there have "New Posts", in the sense that they have posts you have not yet looked at. There used to be a facility to see posts in reverse time order for all threads but that's broken - it's the "Spy" link under My Tools.

Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Merry Christmas !
spot

Post by spot »

Orion79;1529100 wrote: Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas to you.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Merry Christmas, Orion79!
Orion79

Re: Good morning / Good afternoon / Good evening....

Post by Orion79 »

Good morning everyone ! :)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Orion79 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 am Good morning everyone ! :)
Good morning and welcome :D
spot

Post by spot »

Orion79 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 am Good morning everyone ! :)
Good morning.

Return to “General Chit Chat”