Mass Mudering sprees in USA!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1524581 wrote: Actually, It doesn't matter, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I'll give it one go, and try not to make it too long or complicated.

Natural Rights are those rights that say that since one exists, no one has the right to take that away from them.....PERIOD. END OF EXPLANATION!

Civil Rights are those rights that give one permission to participate in the social structure of a society and partake of the protections and shared endowments through the legal system and welfare system.

Constitutional Rights are those rights that protect legal citizens from government overreach.

Guns, per se, arguably, only fall within the Constitutional Rights category.

One is not born with a gun attached to the body, so that negates the Natural Rights category, and as far as Civil Rights is concerned, your argument can only be that in addition to the legal system, your gun is a backup to assure you can participate within the society, but it is not a part of one's Civil Rights, per se. That you can purchase a firearm also has little if anything to do with Civil Rights the same as buying toilet paper has little if anything to do with it.

Do you understand that?

Yea, I understand your confusion.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Too long, I see.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

'Guns Kept People Alive' During The Civil Rights Movement
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1524585 wrote: 'Guns Kept People Alive' During The Civil Rights Movement

You can advocate for guns all you want, that does not advance your argument that guns are either a natural or civil right.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1524586 wrote: You can advocate for guns all you want, that does not advance your argument that guns are either a natural or civil right.

Once someone is denied a right based on race it becomes a civil rights issue.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

And firearms have been a part of our security ever since.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1524587 wrote: Once someone is denied a right based on race it becomes a civil rights issue.

Yes, it does but the offense is in the denying, not the thing denied. Denying a gay couple a wedding cake does not make wedding cakes a civil right.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1524588 wrote: Yes, it does but the offense is in the denying, not the thing denied. Denying a gay couple a wedding cake does not make wedding cakes a civil right.

I think we (I) have been dragging this on way too long.

Civil rights and wedding cakes are worthy of a whole new thread, one of which I have no interest in starting.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1524608 wrote: I think we (I) have been dragging this on way too long.

Civil rights and wedding cakes are worthy of a whole new thread, one of which I have no interest in starting.

You don't understand analogies or metaphors, do you?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1524613 wrote: You don't understand analogies or metaphors, do you?

Does it matter?

I am not interested in wedding cakes.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1524635 wrote: Does it matter?

I am not interested in wedding cakes.

Yes it does matter because the wedding cake thing is an analogy, not a detour.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

I was watching TV and saw Cheech & Chong movie "Still Smokn'"

Cheech & Chong Con Talk
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1524654 wrote: I was watching TV and saw Cheech & Chong movie "Still Smokn'"

Cheech & Chong Con Talk

LOL! Nice find!
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

That you think because of a person or group winning a civil rights suit using a particular object as the source of the suit that the object itself becomes a civil right in and of itself is utterly ridiculous. Civil rights are freedoms to exercise participation within a society, they are not protections for inanimate objects.

I don't know where you get the absolutely stupid sh!t you come up with, but the fact that you refuse to challenge what you're fed should be embarrassing to you.

Also, that some people coddle your ignorance should be an embarrassment as well. But then, that's how Dunning/Kruger works, isn't it?

You always resort to mockery when you can't hold a conversation. You can't say I didn't try, though.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'll give it one last shot using what I'm sure is a hot button issue for someone like you - Quotas.

Quotas are not a "civil right", they are a rule put in place to ensure that certain minority groups can participate in our economic system through jobs without prejudice.

Whether one is a supporter of quotas, is resistant to them or indifferent is no matter. After the society is satisfied that all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, or what have you, can participate in the system, quotas will be lifted. The civil right is being able to participate, nothing more or less.

Firearms are (arguably) a source of protection against government overreach, Constitutionally speaking, and since they are a popular object, every person, regardless of any of the aforementioned conditions, is entitled to access to them. PERIOD! The guns themselves are not a civil right, access to them is.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1524658 wrote: I'll give it one last shot using what I'm sure is a hot button issue for someone like you - Quotas.

Quotas are not a "civil right", they are a rule put in place to ensure that certain minority groups can participate in our economic system through jobs without prejudice.

Whether one is a supporter of quotas, is resistant to them or indifferent is no matter. After the society is satisfied that all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, or what have you, can participate in the system, quotas will be lifted. The civil right is being able to participate, nothing more or less.

Start a thread about quotas and depending on how you start it I most probably chime in.

Ahso!;1524658 wrote: Firearms are (arguably) a source of protection against government overreach, Constitutionally speaking, and since they are a popular object, every person, regardless of any of the aforementioned conditions, is entitled to access to them. PERIOD! The guns themselves are not a civil right, access to them is.

I give you the last word.

Return to “General Chit Chat”