Full Moon

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Full Moon

Post by magentaflame »

Could we please get over the full moon myth once and for all ...PLEASE! I still can't believe that even educated people believe that crap!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Full Moon

Post by LarsMac »

which myth would that be?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Full Moon

Post by magentaflame »

That the full moon phase has a physical and psychological effect on the human condition. AAAHHHHH!!!!! ...Scientists have proven over and over it's a nonsense. It been proven based on the original concept that the moon sets epilepcy off is false! I had a magistrate tell me it's true...I'm like huh? You're a learned man you have peoples lives in your hands and you think that kind of stuff?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Full Moon

Post by Clodhopper »

What? You mean when I go out into the back garden and howl at the full moon it's just superstition? Bummer.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
LarsMac

Full Moon

Post by LarsMac »

I was flying home from Germany once, and the guy in the next seat was a Psychologist from Austria.

We started talking, and our conversation somehow got to that idea, and he suggested that some people could have behavioral changes when the Moon is full, simply because they somehow believe that it happens.

They believe it so they cut loose because they have something to blame bad behavior on.

Similar to how people let go of some of their inhibitions after having a couple of drinks, even though they really have not consumed enough alcohol to actually affect their behavior.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Full Moon

Post by G#Gill »

It's definitely a load of tosh IMO. I go out into the garden and howl at the half moon, or is it the last quarter? Any way it does one good thing for me ...................keeps one or two unwanted nosey neighbours away from our house ! LOL Oh I do miss me smilies ! It just isn't the same writing LOL grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I always thought the moon was made of cream cheese anyway ................. and there's supposed to be a man on it somewhere ! Did that cow ever come back to earth ? Well that was what somebody told me when I was a little girl. (guffaw)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Wandrin

Full Moon

Post by Wandrin »

Lunacy, don't you know... It goes back a long time (the superstition, that is.)
Annecole

Full Moon

Post by Annecole »

Scientists have proved that its all myth but people do believe in such things.
Hope6

Full Moon

Post by Hope6 »

magentaflame;1520799 wrote: Could we please get over the full moon myth once and for all ...PLEASE! I still can't believe that even educated people believe that crap!

My husband works at a hospital and he dreads going to work every time he sees that there's a full moon. He says all sorts of crazy people show up at the ER.
Betty Boop

Full Moon

Post by Betty Boop »

whoa... hello!!

Full moon is for dancing under.
FourPart

Full Moon

Post by FourPart »

Annecole;1522463 wrote: Scientists have proved that its all myth but people do believe in such things.

Scientists have proved no such thing, for 2 reasons.

1. Science does not 'prove' anything. It just gathers information that supports a hypothesis or not. If it doesn't support it that doesn't mean it's disproved.

2. There is a lot of evidence to poit to the fact that phases of the moon DO affect people - hence the very word 'lunacy', from the word 'lunar', meaning to do with the moon.

I am Epileptic, and until I was put onto the medication I am on now, which has 100% controlled my seizures, I would have seizures so regularly that they would be predictable to the day. They occured on the 3rd day before the 1st quarter of the moon. I discovered this purely by chance after the neurologist asked me to log my seizures. I got myself a diary in order to do so. This diary was the type that marked the phases of the moon, and after a while I noticed a pattern forming. After that I wrote a program to predict when my seizures were due - and it ALWAYS worked. When I mentioned this to the neurologist he said that this was quite common with epileptics.

After all, if you think about the massive effect the moon's pull has on the tides, it's hardly surprising that it can affect other things. It doesn't mean that this is anything Supernatural - I would be the first to discount that notion, but it most definitely is a factor, and is accepted in the Scientific world that it does affect things within the human brain, although they do not yet understand the why or wherefore.
magentaflame

Full Moon

Post by magentaflame »

Which moon sets you off?

Hope6

Full Moon

Post by Hope6 »

I love a full moon, it reminds my of that old serial Dark Shadows. They were showing reruns of that when I was around 5 years old. I loved that show. They were always showing scenes with a full moon. (:
Betty Boop

Re: Full Moon

Post by Betty Boop »

moon 2020.jpg
moon 2020.jpg (82.5 KiB) Viewed 563 times

Return to “General Chit Chat”