Oh dear Boris !!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by Bruv »

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse.......

Boris Johnson made foreign secretary
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by magentaflame »

Yeah whats that about?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1498506 wrote: Yeah whats that about?

Back scratching ?

Or back guarding...........who can say
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by magentaflame »

Primeminister was always going to be over the top. But foriegn minister? Punishment?

A female prime minister .....cause its easier to blame a woman if the crap hits the fan.

A woman and a whacko to show the populace how stupid they were..... but thats politics.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Wandrin

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by Wandrin »

Are there any countries that Boris hasn't insulted yet?
FourPart

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by FourPart »

It's a bit like making Prince Philip Diplomatic Ambassador to China.
magentaflame

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by magentaflame »

FourPart;1498518 wrote: It's a bit like making Prince Philip Diplomatic Ambassador to China.

I dont think Boris has insulted us yet but China just threatened Australia and we havent even done anything yet.....
G#Gill

Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by G#Gill »

It's possible that you may all be surprised by our new Foreign Secretary. Strangely enough, he is quite an intelligent man. He may play the buffoon at times and he may make a few faux pas from time to time, but it would seem that, because he is so different from the usual politician, quite a few countries seem to appreciate him. So let us see how things pan out ay?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Re: Oh dear Boris !!!!

Post by spot »

G#Gill wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:14 pm It's possible that you may all be surprised by our new Foreign Secretary. Strangely enough, he is quite an intelligent man. He may play the buffoon at times and he may make a few faux pas from time to time, but it would seem that, because he is so different from the usual politician, quite a few countries seem to appreciate him. So let us see how things pan out ay?
Boris tried buffooning one time too many, unfortunately. Too many glasses of wine, too much rope, too much carelessness. I hate to think what we might get in his place. One can only hope the next incumbent never soiled their soul by superintending the Hostile Environment.

I have a small quote for Boris, should he pass this way: Arx tarpeia Capitoli proxima. I'm sure others will have texted it to him today, he'd have liked that.

I'll translate the meaning rather than the words: The heart of power is not far from the place of execution.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I wonder if Gill still feels the same?

Even in his resignation he still sounded deluded, blaming everything and everyone other than himself!

If the man actually has a brain, where is it?
spot

Post by spot »

Betty Boop wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:51 am I wonder if Gill still feels the same?

Even in his resignation he still sounded deluded, blaming everything and everyone other than himself!

Clearly you must ask Carrie.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:08 pm
Betty Boop wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:51 am I wonder if Gill still feels the same?

Clearly you must ask Carrie.
I'll nip to London and see if she's available for coffee. Maybe she'd like me to read her tea leaves for her :lol:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Was listening to the news this AM while driving over to the next town.
So, Ol' Boris has been shown the door.

He and The Donald should get together and for a "Former Fearless Leader" club. Hopefully, pretty soon Vlad can join them.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

England's former Health Secretary, Sajid Javid, says he first thought about leaving Boris Johnson's Conservative government a week ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62113401

And there was me thinking Boris was the chap incapable of distinguishing truth from fiction.
spot

Post by spot »

If I might make an observation?

1. The current Covid infection rate in the UK just passed it's previous high and now stands at one in fifteen of the whole population being infectious, children included. That's the sort of announcement you'd normally hear in a zombie apocalypse movie, so I'm told, along with curfews and armed National Guard units on the streets.

2. The government currently imposes no legal restrictions relating to Covid in England, to the best of my knowledge. If that's an error on my part I'd be interested to know what I missed.

3. Free Covid Lateral Flow tests were withdrawn in April and haven't been brought back.

4. Boris is still Prime Minister, and has been since 2019 before the Covid pandemic launched.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:48 pm If I might make an observation?

1. The current Covid infection rate in the UK just passed it's previous high and now stands at one in fifteen of the whole population being infectious, children included. That's the sort of announcement you'd normally hear in a zombie apocalypse movie, so I'm told, along with curfews and armed National Guard units on the streets.

2. The government currently imposes no legal restrictions relating to Covid in England, to the best of my knowledge. If that's an error on my part I'd be interested to know what I missed.

3. Free Covid Lateral Flow tests were withdrawn in April and haven't been brought back.

4. Boris is still Prime Minister, and has been since 2019 before the Covid pandemic launched.
None of that is his problem now, he's been asked to leave by his colleagues. They didn't allow him to stay to finish the job properly.
He could have turned that all around if he was allowed to stay.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Betty Boop wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:09 am

None of that is his problem now, he's been asked to leave by his colleagues. They didn't allow him to stay to finish the job properly.
Yeah! See? If you folks had just given him another couple of weeks he'd have it all taken care of. ..., Right?
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:09 am

He could have turned that all around before they asked him to leave.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I can see no person in the Houses of Parliament who is capable or suitable to govern this country! :roll: Gawd help us all.
I wonder how many people will 'top themselves' over lack of ability to pay their bills. I'm just glad I am old enough to say that I am not that long for this world ! The human race is killing our lovely planet with their greed and total selfishness, Pootin is trying his best to conquer the world with stopping food exports and gas exports, thus taking over a beaten humanity. Why the hell doesn't the bastard just send a few nukes into various countries and be done with it ?

There is so much stress and violence in the world, so how do we overcome this?

I suppose one could say that my attitude towards Boris and, in fact, the rest of the MPs is that nobody who is an MP is fit to govern this country. God alone knows what will be the outcome in general, and I am an atheist, so if I'm still alive in a couple of years, I shall just sit back and watch all the destruction happen !
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 am In my opinion, for what it's worth, I can see no person in the Houses of Parliament who is capable or suitable to govern this country! :roll: Gawd help us all.
Apply imagination Gill, there's all sorts to choose from.

The Right Honorable Sir John Redwood, often referred to as the Swivel-Eyed Martian. He'd love the job.

Or how about the equally unconstructed Michael Fabricant?

A final suggestion and definitely my recommended choice: Mark Francois. If you want synthetic fury on demand at the turn of a tap, he's your man.

One regrets one cannot simply recall Ann Widdecombe.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

As I mentioned, Mr. Spot, there is nobody capable or suitable on ANY side of the 'House'. I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that previous 'leaders' have caused an unmendable problem and the public is having to suffer. You know, Mr. Spot, the climate is such that it would not surprise me if there was a national revolt. It's started with various strikes (even barristers !). People are getting fed up with being trampled on and being the recipients of all the strife and stress that our so-called Government is throwing at them - it's a recipe for mass revolt don't you think?
spot

Post by spot »

The problem is, I suggest, unmendable. The UK has no way back into the European Union, we are incapable of manufacturing anything significant, every major technology is an import we cannot any longer afford. Standards are entrusted to untrustworthy custodians and will inevitably deteriorate, the wealth gap continually widens, we are permanently undone.

As Leonard Cohen expressed matters: There are no letters in the mailbox, there are no grapes upon the vine, there are no chocolates in your boxes anymore and there are no diamonds in your mine. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard the song, too.

That's where New Labour got us. Tony Blair, the great class traitor.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 amPootin is trying his best to conquer the world with stopping food exports and gas exports, thus taking over a beaten humanity.
No Soviet leader - no Russian leader - has ever wanted to conquer the world. Some of them have wanted to convert the nations of the world to Communist economies, just like a lot of Popes and Mahdis have wanted and tried to forcibly mass convert the people of the world to Christianity or Islam, but very few of them wanted to rule it.

The flash-in-the-pan Alexander the Great wanted to conquer the world. Nobody in charge of any other ancient civilization ever did. Rome certainly didn't. I'm offering these suggestions in the hope that someone might demonstrate I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Harry Secombe wanted to rule the world. He demanded that every day would be the first day of Spring, every heart would have a new song to sing and we'd sing of the joy every morning would bring, if I remember.

Vladimir Putin, no. What he wants is what the West promised Stalin at Yalta. In exchange for over twenty million Soviet dead, the West promised Russia-centric buffer states along the Western border of Russia, so that any new Western invasion would have to fight across entire nations just to get to the Homeland. Ukraine was a core plank to the agreed 1945 solution with America and Britain. President Putin would today be less concerned about maintaining Russia's right to that buffer zone if the sodding Americans... sorry, if NATO hadn't moved NATO forward division equipment dumps into all the old buffer states every time an opportunity arose. NATO has moved permanent divisions into Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, and finally tried with Ukraine. If I were Vladimir Putin I'd have invaded Ukraine too.

What the world needs is a static status quo where all parties can feel safe, not hell-for-leather victory on every lap of the track. It could also do with some long-term planning instead of four-year election cycles.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I think that this belies your apparent claim that ol' Vlad would have been perfectly happy with the Ukraine being independent of Russia if NATO has stayed out of the picture.
Article by Vladimir Putin ”On the Historical Unity of Russians and Ukrainians“

"During the recent Direct Line, when I was asked about Russian-Ukrainian relations, I said that Russians and Ukrainians were one people – a single whole. These words were not driven by some short-term considerations or prompted by the current political context. It is what I have said on numerous occasions and what I firmly believe. I therefore feel it necessary to explain my position in detail and share my assessments of today's situation."
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Here we are a year and two days since you posted that, and Boris has just taken his final inevitable step off the parapet and out of the House of Commons entirely. The language is word for word identical.

Boris Johnson stepping down as an MP with immediate effect and says he is 'bewildered and appalled' at being 'forced out'

Boris Johnson is standing down as the Conservative MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, it has been reported.

The move by the former prime minister will trigger an immediate by-election.

He took the move after the Privileges Committee of the House of Commons reportedly found he misled Parliament & recommended sanction of more than 10 days.

Johnson told the Times: “It is very sad to be leaving parliament - at least for now - but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-news

Earlier today Boris's primary cheer-leader throughout his time as Prime Minister, "Nadine Dorries stands down as MP with immediate effect - Tory former minister’s decision to go means there will be a byelection in her Mid Bedfordshire constituency".

She had been expecting a seat in the House of Lords in Boris's Honours List, which was also published today. Her name went unmentioned. Officials at Number10 deny having tinkered with the list and removed her. I don't believe that in the slightest, it's not possible her name wasn't there. It can only have been removed by the present administration.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:17 pm
Here we are a year and two days since you posted that, and Boris has just taken his final inevitable step off the parapet and out of the House of Commons entirely. The language is word for word identical.

Boris Johnson stepping down as an MP with immediate effect and says he is 'bewildered and appalled' at being 'forced out'

Boris Johnson is standing down as the Conservative MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, it has been reported.

The move by the former prime minister will trigger an immediate by-election.

He took the move after the Privileges Committee of the House of Commons reportedly found he misled Parliament & recommended sanction of more than 10 days.

Johnson told the Times: “It is very sad to be leaving parliament - at least for now - but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-news
You missed out the bit where he threatens he'll be back, Arnie style. Arnie was more likeable.

I note the buffoon has submitted something else now to hold things up. I'd love to know what special gift he has that a lot of people appear to still adore him.
spot

Post by spot »

Would anyone like to see what a well-delivered public slapping looks like?

The is the sting in the tail of today's published report of "the Committee of Privileges a matter concerning the conduct of the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, the Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, that is, whether he had misled the House and whether that conduct amounted to a contempt."

229. Our final conclusion is in relation to sanction. Although Mr Johnson’s resignation
as an MP renders it impossible for a sanction of suspension to be imposed, we draw
attention to the fact that before the events of Friday 9 June we had provisionally agreed
to recommend a suspension long enough to engage the provisions of the Recall of MPs
Act. In the light of Mr Johnson’s further contempts, we put on record that if he had not
resigned his seat, we would have recommended that he be suspended from the service
of the House for 90 days for repeated contempts and for seeking to undermine the
parliamentary process, by:
  • Deliberately misleading the House
  • Deliberately misleading the Committee
  • Breaching confidence
  • Impugning the Committee and thereby undermining the democratic process of the House
  • Being complicit in the campaign of abuse and attempted intimidation of the Committee.
In view of the fact that Mr Johnson is no longer a Member, we recommend that he
should not be granted a former Member’s pass.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:13 am Would anyone like to see what a well-delivered public slapping looks like?

The is the sting in the tail of today's published report of "the Committee of Privileges a matter concerning the conduct of the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, the Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, that is, whether he had misled the House and whether that conduct amounted to a contempt."

229. Our final conclusion is in relation to sanction. Although Mr Johnson’s resignation
as an MP renders it impossible for a sanction of suspension to be imposed, we draw
attention to the fact that before the events of Friday 9 June we had provisionally agreed
to recommend a suspension long enough to engage the provisions of the Recall of MPs
Act. In the light of Mr Johnson’s further contempts, we put on record that if he had not
resigned his seat, we would have recommended that he be suspended from the service
of the House for 90 days for repeated contempts and for seeking to undermine the
parliamentary process, by:
  • Deliberately misleading the House
  • Deliberately misleading the Committee
  • Breaching confidence
  • Impugning the Committee and thereby undermining the democratic process of the House
  • Being complicit in the campaign of abuse and attempted intimidation of the Committee.
In view of the fact that Mr Johnson is no longer a Member, we recommend that he
should not be granted a former Member’s pass.
Finally put on record in black and white - about time too.
spot

Post by spot »

Here's Boris writing today:
I knew exactly what events I had attended in Number 10. I knew what I had seen, with my own eyes, and like the current PM, I believed that these events were lawful. I believed that my participation was lawful, and required by my job; and that is indeed the implication of the exhaustive police inquiry.

The only exception is the June 19 2020 event, the so-called birthday party, when I and the then Chancellor Rishi Sunak were fined in circumstances that I still find puzzling (I had lunch at my desk with people I worked with every day).

So when on Dec 1 2021 I told the House of Commons that “the guidance was followed completely” (in Number Ten) I meant it. It wasn’t just what I thought: it’s what we all thought – that we were following the rules and following the guidance completely – notwithstanding the difficulties of maintaining social distancing at all times.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... op-of-blog

I find it odd in his description that there appears to be no mention of suitcases of booze, or what the cleaners thought the following morning. He presided over a toxic culture of invulnerable privilege while people were banned by law from any equivalent gathering, partying, funeral attendance, visiting their dying relatives, and he's never acknowledged what occurred. If he thought what he claims he thought then the best that can be said of him is he's self-delusional. Personally I don't believe that, I think he considered himself untouchable.

Return to “General Chit Chat”