First Word Association!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Re: First Word Association!

Post by spot »

Malcontent
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

dissatisfied
Cars :)
spot

Post by spot »

sullen
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

morose
spot

Post by spot »

misanthropy
cars

Post by cars »

contempt
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Disgust
cars

Post by cars »

Donald
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Duck
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Dynasty
cars

Post by cars »

Heather
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Scotch
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bonnet
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
theia

Post by theia »

car
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Post by spot »

gondola
cars

Post by cars »

Venice
spot

Post by spot »

opera
cars

Post by cars »

Symphony
spot

Post by spot »

concord
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

fly
cars

Post by cars »

supersonic
spot

Post by spot »

echolocation
cars

Post by cars »

sonar
spot

Post by spot »

Asdic
cars

Post by cars »

Eden
spot

Post by spot »

I confess I haven't yet puzzled out the link from Asdic to Eden but I have no doubt it exists.

Homburg
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Poirot
spot

Post by spot »

Penny Alayne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 am Poirot
That is astonishing. Poirot's grey homburg is only mentioned once ever by Agatha Christie, in The Hollow, but you're quite right that he wears one. Formidable play.

Belgian
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 pm I confess I haven't yet puzzled out the link from Asdic to Eden but I have no doubt it exists.

Homburg
According to Collins dictionary, it means you want to “return to a simpler way of living”, sparked by a wish to revert to that mythical Eden before the fateful apple was gnawed.

Waffle
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:25 am
spot wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 pm I confess I haven't yet puzzled out the link from Asdic to Eden but I have no doubt it exists.

Homburg
According to Collins dictionary, it means you want to “return to a simpler way of living”, sparked by a wish to revert to that mythical Eden before the fateful apple was gnawed.

Waffle
I can see "back-to-nature: applied to a movement or enthusiast for the reversion to a simpler way of life", https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... lish/asdic is rather brief.

ramble
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Wander
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

spot wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:17 am
Penny Alayne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 am Poirot
That is astonishing. Poirot's grey homburg is only mentioned once ever by Agatha Christie, in The Hollow, but you're quite right that he wears one. Formidable play.

Belgian

'Formidable play.'

I do alright for a girl.

Belgian..Chocolate!
cars

Post by cars »

people
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Indigenous
spot

Post by spot »

First
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Impression
spot

Post by spot »

seal
cars

Post by cars »

tight
spot

Post by spot »

caulked
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Waterproof
spot

Post by spot »

waxed
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

waned
spot

Post by spot »

abate
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Fade
spot

Post by spot »

deviate
cars

Post by cars »

stray
spot

Post by spot »

backslider
cars

Post by cars »

wrongdoer
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

Miscreant
spot

Post by spot »

heretic

Return to “General Chit Chat”