Science Disproves Evolution

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532312 wrote: Wrong. Even IF every nation on earth abided by the job killing, economy killing Paris Accord, which thankfully Trump pulled the US out of, it would take decades to lower the temperature of the earth .1-.3 degrees. All while forcing explensive regulations that would cost trillions of dollars and millions of jobs through the years. No thanks. Global Warming is not caused by man, your own words proved it and now you are back tracking because you were caught. 10 years ago, Al Gore predicted catastrophic changes in the weather. New York and the east coast would be under water. What do you see today? The coast line hasn't changed a bit and these climate change alarmists are buying multi million dollar homes in these same areas they say should be under water.

Fact check:

What's True

In the late 2000s, Al Gore made a series of high-profile statements suggesting the possibility that Arctic sea ice could be completely gone during the summer by around 2013 or 2014.

What's False

Gore did not himself make these predictions but said (in some cases erroneously) that others had, and he never referred to a year-long lack of ice for both poles but instead largely referenced Arctic sea ice in the summer.

You can ignore the science around the pending changes to the climate all you want, but the facts are that chagnes are taking place.

Weather is far more eratic, and more severe in a lot of places. Methane is on the increase due to permafrost thawing out, and the CO2 concentrations are now higher than they've ever been.

Greenland Ice sheets are melting.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... -ice-sheet

Oh, and remember the Alaska Ice Road?

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532314 wrote: Fact check:

What's True

In the late 2000s, Al Gore made a series of high-profile statements suggesting the possibility that Arctic sea ice could be completely gone during the summer by around 2013 or 2014.

What's False

Gore did not himself make these predictions but said (in some cases erroneously) that others had, and he never referred to a year-long lack of ice for both poles but instead largely referenced Arctic sea ice in the summer.

You can ignore the science around the pending changes to the climate all you want, but the facts are that chagnes are taking place.

Weather is far more eratic, and more severe in a lot of places. Methane is on the increase due to permafrost thawing out, and the CO2 concentrations are now higher than they've ever been.

Greenland Ice sheets are melting.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... -ice-sheet

Oh, and remember the Alaska Ice Road?

The "Science" doesn't support Global Warming. Where the Ice Sheets may be melting in one area of the earth like Greenland, they are growing in other areas. It has always been this way throughout history.

If they were really melting like you are claiming, then the Science would show that sea levels are also rising, but they are not. Global warming is a hoax. That's why they don't call it Global Warming anymore. It's not Climate Change because the data isn't supporting their agenda. Also, many Global Warming Scientist whistle blowers have come forward and said that much of the data is being falsified. They are "cooking" the numbers. There are a couple of different ways they do this. First of all, there are bouys in the ocean to measure the temperature of the sea water. There are also thermometers in the ships. The ones in the ships are a bit warmer than the ones in the bouys, so the climate change scientists are adjusting the temperature readings in the bouys to match those in the ships. This skews the numbers up a degree or 2. Secondly, they do the same things with the land thermometers. The ones outside of the city are being adjusted to the ones inside the cities where it is 1 or 2 degrees warmer. This is skewing the numbers. It's based on faulty data. Also, the temperatures have leveled off in the last several years. There are natural warming and cooling cycles. In the 1970s we were in a cooling cycle, and the scientists were screaming Global Cooling. In the 1990s we were in a warming cycle and those same scientists were screaming Global Warming. It's a hoax.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532327 wrote: The "Science" doesn't support Global Warming. Where the Ice Sheets may be melting in one area of the earth like Greenland, they are growing in other areas. It has always been this way throughout history.

If they were really melting like you are claiming, then the Science would show that sea levels are also rising, but they are not. Global warming is a hoax. That's why they don't call it Global Warming anymore. It's not Climate Change because the data isn't supporting their agenda. Also, many Global Warming Scientist whistle blowers have come forward and said that much of the data is being falsified. They are "cooking" the numbers. There are a couple of different ways they do this. First of all, there are bouys in the ocean to measure the temperature of the sea water. There are also thermometers in the ships. The ones in the ships are a bit warmer than the ones in the bouys, so the climate change scientists are adjusting the temperature readings in the bouys to match those in the ships. This skews the numbers up a degree or 2. Secondly, they do the same things with the land thermometers. The ones outside of the city are being adjusted to the ones inside the cities where it is 1 or 2 degrees warmer. This is skewing the numbers. It's based on faulty data. Also, the temperatures have leveled off in the last several years. There are natural warming and cooling cycles. In the 1970s we were in a cooling cycle, and the scientists were screaming Global Cooling. In the 1990s we were in a warming cycle and those same scientists were screaming Global Warming. It's a hoax.

Seas surface temperatures have been tracked by ocean vessels since the days of Columbus. It actually was the data from Ocean going vessels that first began to show a rising level of ocean temperatures.

That information began to come to light in the early 80s.

And, yes, in the 70s there were papers that discuss the global Ice Age cycles, that suggested we might be headed for a new cooler cycle. Science Fiction writers (Note: Not Scientists) took that and ran with it. There was some very fascinating stories that popped up back then about the coming Ice Age.

However, in the 80s, the data about rising sea temperatures started gaining attention.

The mean rise in surface temp over the last century has only been a couple of degrees f.

Hardly noticable to the untrained human.

Real tracking of the data has been taking place since the 80s.

So far, much of the ice melt has been in seaborn Ice, which when melting, causes a fairly small increase in sea level rise, because the weight of such ice is already born on the seas surface. The measured rise, to date has been in millimeters.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

But now, in the last few years, the land born Ice is beginning to melt in large enough quantities, we will likely start seeing some significant changes in the sea level.

With the Greenland Ice beginning to melt in earnest, and signs that the Landborn Ice of Antarctica is beginning to do the same, we will likely see some very significant changes over the next decade.

Trouble is, by the time the idiots catch on, it will be too late to do much about it.

I bought a nice little ranch on the Western Prairie. I expect that my great-great grandkids will have some nice Oceanfront property to enjoy one day.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532327 wrote: The "Science" doesn't support Global Warming. ...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the- ... ket-newtab

The Doomsday Glacier

In the farthest reaches of Antarctica, a nightmare scenario of crumbling ice – and rapidly rising seas – could spell disaster for a warming planet.

Rolling Stone

Jeff Goodell
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This conversations don't appear to be current...
spot

Post by spot »

The host was changed, the most recent posts are still awaiting transfer to the new site.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ok, but will the traffic also transfer to this new site?
spot

Post by spot »

I have yet to configure any statistics monitoring, and the bots are re-indexing all the pages, and SEO is not on my list of things to do, but I would expect the world will continue to note our existence.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:56 am I have yet to configure any statistics monitoring, and the bots are re-indexing all the pages, and SEO is not on my list of things to do, but I would expect the world will continue to note our existence.
I just want to see the same amount of traffic for this site as before, which is why you exist, I would think. I would hope that those who would formerly have been directed to the old site, would now be directed here. I can say that I had a hard time getting on to this new site. It took me 3 days. My hope is that the new change will net a better outcome for the site than a lesser one. God speed!
spot

Post by spot »

It was either migrate or die, and the migration wasn't simple.

The sole reason ForumGarden exists is to keep old acquaintances from a decade ago connected, we have no interest in random search engine traffic at all.

We currently allow bots to index our site but that is a courtesy to the web, not a service to registered users, and we make no effort to optimize any search ranking.

We have had several users over the years whose sole object was presenting material in a permanent form to the world at large, often cut and paste between several sites and with no social aspect. I could name ten such obsessives off the top of my head and they've largely been an unattractive distraction and a pain. We are a social platform, not a wall for monomaniac fly-posters.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:55 pm It was either migrate or die, and the migration wasn't simple.

The sole reason ForumGarden exists is to keep old acquaintances from a decade ago connected, we have no interest in random search engine traffic at all.

We currently allow bots to index our site but that is a courtesy to the web, not a service to registered users, and we make no effort to optimize any search ranking.

We have had several users over the years whose sole object was presenting material in a permanent form to the world at large, often cut and paste between several sites and with no social aspect. I could name ten such obsessives off the top of my head and they've largely been an unattractive distraction and a pain. We are a social platform, not a wall for monomaniac fly-posters.
I don't understand why the options were migrate or die. This site was doing wonderfully from what I saw The traffic was great...huge. Random traffic can produce new friends if presented in the right way. But more than that, it can produce income for the owner.

Ok, but I was under the impression that Forum Garden generated income through traffic numbers. Am I wrong? What is wrong with that? Why not do both connect people AND generate a good income? That is what free enterprise is. It's the basis of the Capitalist system which has created the riches Countries in the World. There is nothing wrong with generating income while connecting people. it's just business sense.

What do the bots do in this site? I am just curious because that seems odd to me why they would be here.

I hope you don't think of me that way as your last paragraph. I personally think that this sit I at need to be talked about with whomever wants to discuss them. Variety of opinion keeps us sharper and smarter. It should be one of the primary reasons for a great sight such as this one. If it's not broke don't fix it.

I hope that the site generates a nice income for the owner, whom I assume you are, so that you/they can make a nice living doing what you/they love...connecting people. That's what Social Media is all about. I hope you made the correct choice.
Those are my thoughts on it. Take care.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:11 pm
spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:55 pm It was either migrate or die, and the migration wasn't simple.

I don't understand why the options were migrate or die. This site was doing wonderfully from what I saw The traffic was great...huge. Random traffic can produce new friends if presented in the right way. But more than that, it can produce income for the owner.

Ok, but I was under the impression that Forum Garden generated income through traffic numbers. Am I wrong? What is wrong with that? Why not do both connect people AND generate a good income? That is what free enterprise is. It's the basis of the Capitalist system which has created the riches Countries in the World. There is nothing wrong with generating income while connecting people. it's just business sense.

What do the bots do in this site? I am just curious because that seems odd to me why they would be here.

I hope you don't think of me that way as your last paragraph. I personally think that this sit I at need to be talked about with whomever wants to discuss them. Variety of opinion keeps us sharper and smarter. It should be one of the primary reasons for a great sight such as this one. If it's not broke don't fix it.

I hope that the site generates a nice income for the owner, whom I assume you are, so that you/they can make a nice living doing what you/they love...connecting people. That's what Social Media is all about. I hope you made the correct choice.
Those are my thoughts on it. Take care.
Well, your continually expressed interest in the traffic statistics suggest that you really are much like them. Your entire interest seems to be in getting your posts and messages noticed by as many people as possible. That is exactly what the other spammers are doing.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Possible Parasites Found on Cambrian Brachiopods

https://www.icr.org/article/possible-pa ... achiopods/
LarsMac

Re: Science Proves Evolution

Post by LarsMac »

The discovery of the 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls had an incomparable impact on the historical understanding of Judaism and Christianity. “Piecing together” scroll fragments is like solving jigsaw puzzles with an unknown number of missing parts. We used the fact that most scrolls are made from animal skins to “fingerprint” pieces based on DNA sequences. Genetic sorting of the scrolls illuminates their textual relationship and historical significance. Disambiguating the contested relationship between Jeremiah fragments supplies evidence that some scrolls were brought to the Qumran caves from elsewhere; significantly, they demonstrate that divergent versions of Jeremiah circulated in parallel throughout Israel (ancient Judea). Similarly, patterns discovered in non-biblical scrolls, particularly the Songs of the Sabbath Sacrifice, suggest that the Qumran scrolls represent the broader cultural milieu of the period. Finally, genetic analysis divorces debated fragments from the Qumran scrolls. Our study demonstrates that interdisciplinary approaches enrich the scholar’s toolkit.

Illuminating Genetic Mysteries of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The Dead Sea Scroll Affirm The Preservation Of Scripture:

https://www.josh.org/resources/apologet ... hcQAvD_BwE
FourPart2

Post by FourPart2 »

The Dead Sea Scrolls have been shown to be forgeries.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/hi ... -forgeries
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart2 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:52 pm The Dead Sea Scrolls have been shown to be forgeries.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/hi ... -forgeries
What that article said was that the specimens at the "Museum of the Bible" are forgeries (copies of the real thing)
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Happy 4th of July Everyone!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Has anyone heard about the New Telescope that will replace the Hubble?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You mean this:
https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/
"The James Webb Space Telescope (sometimes called JWST or Webb) is an orbiting infrared observatory that will complement and extend the discoveries of the Hubble Space Telescope, with longer wavelength coverage and greatly improved sensitivity. The longer wavelengths enable Webb to look much closer to the beginning of time and to hunt for the unobserved formation of the first galaxies, as well as to look inside dust clouds where stars and planetary systems are forming today."
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

It's about time someone got round to launching that thing.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am It's about time someone got round to launching that thing.
They are hoping for a March launch, now.

I still remember the excitement of the first images from Hubble being posted.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm
spot wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am It's about time someone got round to launching that thing.

It's been postponed until December 2021 now because of COVID19. I am not sure what COVID has to do with space shuttles, but ok.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 pm
LarsMac wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm

It's been postponed until December 2021 now because of COVID19. I am not sure what COVID has to do with space shuttles, but ok.
The testing was postponed due to COVID-19
So, now the testing is picking up, but they have to get through it all before authorizing a launch.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I wonder whatever happened to Pahu. He used to copy & paste his drivel all over the web forums. He was famous for it, and banned from most of them.
I can only imagine that he knows the answer, one way or the other by now, seeing as the last forum I saw him on was 3 years ago, giving his age as being 91 (not sure if that was then or now). By now he is probably either in one of his assumed eternal afterlifes (up or down), or totally oblivious to anything in an eternity of non-existence (being the far more logical option).
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:08 am I wonder whatever happened to Pahu. He used to copy & paste his drivel all over the web forums. He was famous for it, and banned from most of them.
I can only imagine that he knows the answer, one way or the other by now, seeing as the last forum I saw him on was 3 years ago, giving his age as being 91 (not sure if that was then or now). By now he is probably either in one of his assumed eternal afterlifes (up or down), or totally oblivious to anything in an eternity of non-existence (being the far more logical option).
I looked for him too. He hasn't posted anywhere in a few years. I think he may have passed. I don't think he was 91, but maybe he was. I do know that he was doing a great thing. It's too bad that no one here took the time to consider the solid evidence that he was submitting. It was at least worth a look before you shot it down.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Several of us considered the "evidence" presented, but found very little actual "Science" in it.
And much of the science that was presented by others was all but dismissed by the "Creationista."
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:16 pm Several of us considered the "evidence" presented, but found very little actual "Science" in it.
And much of the science that was presented by others was all but dismissed by the "Creationista."
So, evidence is not science?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:16 am
LarsMac wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:16 pm Several of us considered the "evidence" presented, but found very little actual "Science" in it.
So, evidence is not science?
No, Bob. Evidence is the grist for the Mill of Science.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Did you know that soft tissue cannot exist inside of bone for more than a few thousand year? And yet we see soft tissue inside of Dinosaur bones that are supposed to be 65 million years old. Conclusion: The bones are not 65 million years old and are in fact, only a few thousand years old. (Around 4,500 years ago. About the time of Noah's flood)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:28 pm Did you know that soft tissue cannot exist inside of bone for more than a few thousand year? And yet we see soft tissue inside of Dinosaur bones that are supposed to be 65 million years old. Conclusion: The bones are not 65 million years old and are in fact, only a few thousand years old. (Around 4,500 years ago. About the time of Noah's flood)
Sorry, Bob, but that is basically incorrect. Your conclusion is not based on Science.

That has been explained pretty well in the last few years.
here is one explanation.
Live Science: Controversial T. Rex Soft Tissue Find Finally Explained
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:47 am
xfrodobagginsx wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:28 pm Did you know that soft tissue cannot exist inside of bone for more than a few thousand year? And yet we see soft tissue inside of Dinosaur bones that are supposed to be 65 million years old. Conclusion: The bones are not 65 million years old and are in fact, only a few thousand years old. (Around 4,500 years ago. About the time of Noah's flood)
Sorry, Bob, but that is basically incorrect. Your conclusion is not based on Science.

here is one explanation.
There is no explanation other than that the tissue isn't really that old. Ancient writings prove that dinosaurs lived with men. They were eyewitnesses to the Dinosaurs and that proves Evolution wrong. It's a joke to claim that Iron is a preservative. That's an excuse because they have no explanation.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:53 pm

here is one explanation.
There is no explanation other than that the tissue isn't really that old. Ancient writings prove that dinosaurs lived with men. They were eyewitnesses to the Dinosaurs and that proves Evolution wrong. It's a joke to claim that Iron is a preservative. That's an excuse because they have no explanation.
There was a very good explanation in the post that you replied to, here. You apparently refused to read it, or your reading comprehension needs some work.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:44 am

here is one explanation.
There was a very good explanation in the post that you replied to, here. You apparently refused to read it, or your reading comprehension needs some work.
There is no Scientific evidence or proof that Iron is a preservative. It's just that they can't explain the truth that the Dinosaur bones are only a few thousand years old and they need an explanation.

"The bones of these various specimens are articulated, not scattered, suggesting they were buried quickly."

Hmm...couldn't that be further evidence that they were buried in an...uh, I don't know maybe a World Wide Flood? Just wondering...Lol. And that would have been about 4,500 years ago during Noah's Flood. You really should study Creation Science.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 pm
LarsMac wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:44 am

here is one explanation.
There is no Scientific evidence or proof that Iron is a preservative. It's just that they can't explain the truth that the Dinosaur bones are only a few thousand years old and they need an explanation.

"The bones of these various specimens are articulated, not scattered, suggesting they were buried quickly."

Hmm...couldn't that be further evidence that they were buried in an...uh, I don't know maybe a World Wide Flood? Just wondering...Lol. And that would have been about 4,500 years ago during Noah's Flood. You really should study Creation Science.
"Creation Science" is a joke.
There was never an science in the Creation story. Never will be.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:47 pm
FourPart wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:08 am I wonder whatever happened to Pahu. He used to copy & paste his drivel all over the web forums. He was famous for it, and banned from most of them.
I looked for him too. He hasn't posted anywhere in a few years. I think he may have passed. I don't think he was 91, but maybe he was. I do know that he was doing a great thing. It's too bad that no one here took the time to consider the solid evidence that he was submitting. It was at least worth a look before you shot it down.
The only 'Evidence' he ever produced were the ramblings of Walt Brown - a charlatan who had also been debunked by other Creationists.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm
The only 'Evidence' he ever produced were the ramblings of Walt Brown - a charlatan who had also been debunked by other Creationists.
Hey, there! Good to see you are still around.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:22 pm
FourPart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm
Hey, there! Good to see you are still around.
Main thing keeping me away was too busy with work. Regrettably that is now at an end (see Crappiest Month Thread).

Return to “General Chit Chat”