Science Disproves Evolution

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530678 wrote: The Latest Feathered Dinosaur Confuses Categories

https://www.icr.org/article/11811/

Seems to me that the only folks confused by fossils are Creationists
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530684 wrote: Seems to me that the only folks confused by fossils are Creationists

They are explaining their point of view. Did you read the Article? Their point is valid and worth considering.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530694 wrote: They are explaining their point of view. Did you read the Article? Their point is valid and worth considering.

I read the article, and I disagree.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

xfrodobagginsx;1530638 wrote: Since Evolution hasn't been proven, it is faith based. Sure looks like a college education to me.

You weren't taught that a hypothesis and faith are two different things?

Let's try to make this as simple as possible for you: from wherever you're sitting look at something in the distance and ask yourself how many steps it would take you to get there. That would be a hypothesis.

Now go walk it off and count the steps - that would be the proof that your hypothesis is right or wrong. Evolution is still in the walking stage of the hypothesis, and so, as the evidence is uncovered one way or the other it is recorded, which btw, might change any part of hypothesis (unlike faith, which doesn't change because it's not subject to investigation).

Faith, OTOH, would be stating the number of steps required and not bothering to do the actual walking, believing your prediction is correct no matter what.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

xfrodobagginsx;1530638 wrote: Evolution cannot prove or demonstrate how:

1) Life beganI guess you were sick the day this was covered in your 'Evolution' class? Allow me to inform you what was said that day on this subject:

EVOLUTION DOES NOT SEEK TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OF WHEN OR HOW LIFE BEGAN! THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS!

Did you get that?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Specialized Brain Cells Act Like a Compass

https://www.icr.org/article/specialized ... s-compass/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Animals of all kinds have shown an ability to sense directions. Birds have had such an ability since they evolved. ;)
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

xfrodobagginsx;1530738 wrote: Specialized Brain Cells Act Like a Compass

https://www.icr.org/article/specialized ... pass/Since you're an expert on Evolutionary Theory, explain to us the scientific mechanisms that are in conflict with that story. I realize you believe the story more than the science, but your background in science education should allow you to name the associated mechanisms.

IOW, show us how that same brain cell piece would read in a science journal.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530742 wrote: Animals of all kinds have shown an ability to sense directions. Birds have had such an ability since they evolved. ;)

Or God put that ability in them when He Created them.

Think about this for a second. Birds and other animals have an understanding of Music and I can prove it 100% by the many, many videos of them dancing on beat to songs and singing along in their own way. I believe that ability of music was put in each creature by God as a way of worship unto Him. There is no way that this ability could have evolved in the wild because there is no music in the wild.

Here is just ONE of many examples I could give. The understanding of music is an innate ability placed in them by God Himself:

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530763 wrote: Or God put that ability in them when He Created them.

Think about this for a second. Birds and other animals have an understanding of Music and I can prove it 100% by the many, many videos of them dancing on beat to songs and singing along in their own way. I believe that ability of music was put in each creature by God as a way of worship unto Him. There is no way that this ability could have evolved in the wild because there is no music in the wild.

Here is just ONE of many examples I could give. The understanding of music is an innate ability placed in them by God Himself:

Has it ever occurred to you that God may well have designed "Evolution" ?
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1530768 wrote: Has it ever occurred to you that God may well have designed "Evolution" ?I see people suggesting this on brainwashed cultists in an attempt to coax them into seeking authentic information on science and it never goes anywhere. Their misgivings are fundamental in that a process such as evolution is impossible in a universe that is only a couple thousand years old and they can only relate to creation, not ongoing existence as Evolutionary Theory examines. Anything after the creation of life are strictly moral issues. This is how they are programmed.

Xfrodo will go to his ICR site where he gets his information on Evolutionary Theory and this is what he'll find in response to that question: https://www.icr.org/home/submitsearch?f ... ut=any&op=

So suggesting such nonsense is useless. The best thing to do for these cultists is to be brutally honest with them. They are programmed to resist any sort of reasonable explanation (not that the idea of 'god designed evolution' is reasonable, mind you).

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530768 wrote: Has it ever occurred to you that God may well have designed "Evolution" ?

The only form of evolution that God created is within the species. The evidence shows that of course there are mutations within the species to help animal kinds adapt to their environment, but he always stay dogs, they always stay cats, they always stay horses, humans, ect. The Bible clearly explains that God created these creatures in 6 literal 24 hour days and they didn't evolve into different species. They reproduce "after their kind" or "his kind":

Ge 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. {grass: Heb. tender grass}

Ge 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Ge 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Ge 1:24 ¶ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Ge 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Ge 6:20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

Ge 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530768 wrote: Has it ever occurred to you that God may well have designed "Evolution" ?

But honestly, what are your thoughts on these animals understanding music? Because there is no way it could have evolved.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530871 wrote: But honestly, what are your thoughts on these animals understanding music? Because there is no way it could have evolved.

That is the problem with people like you.

You see something that is, and you claim, "There is no way that is possible."

Then you claim it must be something that God did.

Well, it obviously is possible, so the task of Science would be to figure out how it happened. You can't just blame God for it, and tell scientists that they are wrong.

That is just plain friggin' ignorant.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530877 wrote: That is the problem with people like you.

You see something that is, and you claim, "There is no way that is possible."

Then you claim it must be something that God did.

Well, it obviously is possible, so the task of Science would be to figure out how it happened. You can't just blame God for it, and tell scientists that they are wrong.

That is just plain friggin' ignorant.

People like me? I didn't say "there is not way that is possible". I said "There is no way that it evolved". I do believe that God did it and you seem to immediately assume that it couldn't possibly be anything other than evolution. I believe that it is very likely that God created it as a way of worship unto Him. If you look at the Bible there is an indication that the animals will be worshipping Him in heaven:

Re 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Of course it is possible that it exists, because it does exist. The question is HOW does it exist since it couldn't have evolved. And if you believe that it did evolve, then kindly explain to me how you think it could have evolved. Of course I can blame God for it since God created everything. You can't blame evolution for it is my assertion.

If you want to debate, please be respectful.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530933 wrote: People like me? I didn't say "there is not way that is possible". I said "There is no way that it evolved". I do believe that God did it and you seem to immediately assume that it couldn't possibly be anything other than evolution. I believe that it is very likely that God created it as a way of worship unto Him. If you look at the Bible there is an indication that the animals will be worshipping Him in heaven:

Re 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Of course it is possible that it exists, because it does exist. The question is HOW does it exist since it couldn't have evolved. And if you believe that it did evolve, then kindly explain to me how you think it could have evolved. Of course I can blame God for it since God created everything. You can't blame evolution for it is my assertion.

If you want to debate, please be respectful.

Debate? is that what you think you are doing?

Sorry, no.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I would like to debate, yes to show you why I believe the way I do. I also want to present evidence to support my views.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

After all this time, and you have yet to do so. Why start now?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530977 wrote: After all this time, and you have yet to do so. Why start now?

I have presented lots of evidence. It's not my fault if you won't even look at most if it. Plus, there are many who do look at it.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531006 wrote: I have presented lots of evidence. It's not my fault if you won't even look at most if it. Plus, there are many who do look at it.

I do look at most of what you post, but frankly, very little of it qualifies as evidence.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Cosmic Rays, Sunspots, and Climate Change, Part 1

https://www.icr.org/article/11802/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The point is that Climate change is not caused by man. It is a natural thing that has always happened. The earth goes through natural warming and cooling cycles.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531216 wrote: The point is that Climate change is not caused by man. It is a natural thing that has always happened. The earth goes through natural warming and cooling cycles.

Climate change happens all the time, true.

However, the current trend in climate change that indicates a rather significant increase in average Atmospheric temperatures, can be directly linked to the the significant increase in Concentrations of Carbon Dioxide (and Methane) in the atmosphere.

The approximate 22 year overall cycle of Solar activity has been studied for some time, and, while it might contribute to some of the fluctuations, no, it is not, in and of itself, responsible for the observed phenomenon referred to as Global Warming.

Not even close, Bob.

Besides, what has any of that to do with Evolution?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531234 wrote: Climate change happens all the time, true.

However, the current trend in climate change that indicates a rather significant increase in average Atmospheric temperatures, can be directly linked to the the significant increase in Concentrations of Carbon Dioxide (and Methane) in the atmosphere.

The approximate 22 year overall cycle of Solar activity has been studied for some time, and, while it might contribute to some of the fluctuations, no, it is not, in and of itself, responsible for the observed phenomenon referred to as Global Warming.

Not even close, Bob.

Interesting how Al Gore predicted that the East Coast would be under water in 10 years and those 10 years have come and gone. Also notice that those same coast lines are exactly the same as they were when Al Gore made the prediction. Also notice how these same people preaching Global Warming are buying multi million dollar homes on the east coast areas that are supposed to be under water.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531265 wrote: Interesting how Al Gore predicted that the East Coast would be under water in 10 years and those 10 years have come and gone. Also notice that those same coast lines are exactly the same as they were when Al Gore made the prediction. Also notice how these same people preaching Global Warming are buying multi million dollar homes on the east coast areas that are supposed to be under water.

You have data, or just hearsay, Bob?

(url=https://science.howstuffworks.com/envir ... l-gore.htm]What 'An Inconvenient Truth' Got Right (And Wrong) About Climate Change[/url]

And even if he did overstate a few things, It's still truth, and it's still inconvenient.

And, again, what does it have to do with evolution?

(I already know the answer to that one, but I want to see your answer.)
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Did Pahu die? I guess he knows the answer to this thread now... :D
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Saint_;1531275 wrote: Did Pahu die? I guess he knows the answer to this thread now... :D

I hope not. He was one of the only people around here that makes sense. I think something may have happened to him.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

One of Darwin's evolution theories finally proved by Cambridge researcher.

Article here

Laura van Holstein, a Ph.D. student in Biological Anthropology at St John's College, University of Cambridge, and lead author of the research published today (March 18) in Proceedings of the Royal Society B, discovered mammal subspecies play a more important role in evolution than previously thought.

Her research could now be used to predict which species conservationists should focus on protecting to stop them becoming endangered or extinct.

A species is a group of animals that can interbreed freely amongst themselves. Some species contain subspecies—populations within a species that differ from each other by having different physical traits and their own breeding ranges. Northern giraffes have three subspecies that usually live in different locations to each other and red foxes have the most subspecies—45 known varieties—spread all over the world. Humans have no subspecies.

van Holstein said: "We are standing on the shoulders of giants. In Chapter 3 of On the Origin of Species Darwin said animal lineages with more species should also contain more 'varieties'. Subspecies is the modern definition. My research investigating the relationship between species and the variety of subspecies proves that sub-species play a critical role in long-term evolutionary dynamics and in future evolution of species. And they always have, which is what Darwin suspected when he was defining what a species actually was."
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Global human genomes reveal rich genetic diversity shaped by complex evolutionary history

A new study has provided the most comprehensive analysis of human genetic diversity to date, after the sequencing of 929 human genomes by scientists at the Wellcome Sanger Institute, the University of Cambridge and their collaborators. The study uncovers a large amount of previously undescribed genetic variation and provides new insights into our evolutionary past, highlighting the complexity of the process through which our ancestors diversified, migrated and mixed throughout the world.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Fine-tuning radiocarbon dating could 'rewrite' ancient events

Radiocarbon dating, invented in the late 1940s and improved ever since to provide more precise measurements, is the standard method for determining the dates of artifacts in archaeology and other disciplines.

A new paper led by Cornell University points out the need for an important new refinement to the technique. The outcomes of his study, published March 18 in Science Advances, have relevance for understanding key dates in Mediterranean history and prehistory, including the tomb of Tutankhamen and a controversial but important volcanic eruption on the Greek island of Santorini.

Radiocarbon dating measures the decomposition of carbon-14, an unstable isotope of carbon created by cosmic radiation and found in all organic matter. Cosmic radiation, however, is not constant at all times. To account for fluctuations of cosmic radiation in the Earth's atmosphere, the radiocarbon content of known-age tree rings was measured backward in time from the 20th century, for thousands of years...

Tree-ring calibrated radiocarbon started to be widely used 50 years ago. A standard calibration curve was introduced in 1986 and is updated every few years as more data are added.

"A single Northern Hemisphere calibration curve has formed the basis of radiocarbon dating in Europe and the Mediterranean for five decades, setting the time frame for prehistory," Manning and co-authors write. "However, as measurement precision increases, there is mounting evidence for some small but substantive regional (partly growing season) offsets in the same-year radiocarbon levels."

In their study, Manning and co-authors question the accuracy of a single calibration curve for all of the Northern Hemisphere. Using data collected by only one lab to control for interlaboratory variation, they compared radiocarbon data from northern Europe (Germany) and from the Mediterranean (central Turkey) in the 2nd and 1st millennia B.C. They found that some small but critical periods of variation for Mediterranean radiocarbon levels exist. Data from two other radiocarbon labs on samples from central Italy and northern Turkey then provided consistency.

Growing seasons play a role, the paper says. The radiocarbon level on Earth varies according to the season; there's a winter low and a summer high, Manning said. The carbon in a tree ring reflects when the tree was photosynthesizing and, therefore, taking carbon out of the atmosphere.

"In northern Europe or in North America, a tree is going to be doing this in April through September. But a tree in Jordan or Israel does that October through April—almost the opposite time of the year," he said.

These variations, although small, potentially affect calendar dates for prehistory by up to a few decades, the paper concludes.

- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1531234 wrote: Climate change happens all the time, true.

Not even close, Bob.

Actually, Climate Change has a lot to do with evolution. It is one of the key factors behind it. Evolution happens when species need to adapt to a constantly changing environment, otherwise they would stagnate. Those that do not adapt simply die off & join the list of extinct species. Remember, there are far more extinct species than there are alive today.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Science just proved evolution. The Corona virus evolved to be able to infect humans from pangolins. This thread is an annoying, redundant, abhorrent stain on the intelligence of the Forum garden community. Lock it now. I’m sick of the sheer ignorance and superstitious, detestable, and deliberately stupid title of this thread beating me over the head and threatening to burn me at the stake old-style Christian ever time I log on.

Get rid of it. I’m fracking serious. It’s time to face the world with sense instead of willful blindness. Take a blasted stand, mods! Spare us this purile tripe!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Saint_;1531609 wrote: Science just proved evolution. The Corona virus evolved to be able to infect humans from pangolins. This thread is an annoying, redundant, abhorrent stain on the intelligence of the Forum garden community. Lock it now. I’m sick of the sheer ignorance and superstitious, detestable, and deliberately stupid title of this thread beating me over the head and threatening to burn me at the stake old-style Christian ever time I log on.

Get rid of it. I’m fracking serious. It’s time to face the world with sense instead of willful blindness. Take a blasted stand, mods! Spare us this purile tripe!

I found this item interesting with Aron Ra testifying regarding the ongoing fight to keep Creationism out of the classroom.

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Oh bloody hell. Lock it already.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It occurs to me, after all this discussion about Evolution, it might be a good idea for people who have not done so to actually have the opportunity to read up on what all the hoopla is about.

Little know fact:

Darwin never called it Evolution. It was not until his 7th edition of the publication, On the Origin of Species, that he even mentioned "Evolution"

So, let's cut to the chase, and start over with a reading of the book that seems to have started the whole to-do.

http://darwin-online.org.uk/converted/p ... Y_F382.pdf
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1531621 wrote: It occurs to me, after all this discussion about Evolution, it might be a good idea for people who have not done so to actually have the opportunity to read up on what all the hoopla is about.

Little know fact:

Darwin never called it Evolution. It was not until his 7th edition of the publication, On the Origin of Species, that he even mentioned "Evolution"

So, let's cut to the chase, and start over with a reading of the book that seems to have started the whole to-do.

http://darwin-online.org.uk/converted/p ... Y_F382.pdf

I don't think anyone denies that Darwin was mistaken on many things - that's how Science works. It reviews the evidence & seeks to falsify & build on the knowledge. However, the primary concept was spot on. He even made predictions of the nature of species that should be found, and all of those have since been found.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1531717 wrote: I don't think anyone denies that Darwin was mistaken on many things - that's how Science works. It reviews the evidence & seeks to falsify & build on the knowledge. However, the primary concept was spot on. He even made predictions of the nature of species that should be found, and all of those have since been found.

True. The work of Darwin and Wallace set the stage for the advancements in science that led to understanding our entire biological environment.
- DH Lawrence
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

What people consider evolution is very easy to explain.

God creating the world in 6 days is not 6 days as we know them. God's perception on time is different. I've been told all my life that a human lifespan in like the blink of the eye to God. Each day that is mentioned in the Bible could mean thousands of even millions of years by our way of thinking.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2Peter 3:8

Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. James 4:14
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Hope6;1531725 wrote: What people consider evolution is very easy to explain.

God creating the world in 6 days is not 6 days as we know them. God's perception on time is different. I've been told all my life that a human lifespan in like the blink of the eye to God. Each day that is mentioned in the Bible could mean thousands of even millions of years by our way of thinking.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2Peter 3:8

Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. James 4:14

The problem with that is that the day was spelled out in Genesis where it says "And the evening and the morning were the ____ Day." This signifies a 24 hour day.

Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:31 ¶ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531799 wrote: The problem with that is that the day was spelled out in Genesis where it says "And the evening and the morning were the ____ Day." This signifies a 24 hour day.

Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Ge 1:31 ¶ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. {And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.}

Sorry Bob, but Genesis in not science.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531806 wrote: Sorry Bob, but Genesis in not science.

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to Hope6 where they said that the days mentioned in Genesis were millions of years. I used the Bible to refute her claims because she used the Bible to make her claims.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531809 wrote: I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to Hope6 where they said that the days mentioned in Genesis were millions of years. I used the Bible to refute her claims because she used the Bible to make her claims.

I know what you were doing.

This is a forum, Bob.

Anything you post on the forum is open season for anyone who is on the forum.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531810 wrote: I know what you were doing.

This is a forum, Bob.

Anything you post on the forum is open season for anyone who is on the forum.

I never said that Genesis was Science, but I do believe that Genesis is true. She said that according to Genesis, those days could be millions of years and I said according to Genesis that they cannot be millions of years and I gave my reasons why. I know this is an open forum and welcome discussion, but let's base it on what is actually being addressed at the time between those involved. The discussion between hope and I was based on what the Bible actually says/means, not what evolutionary science says. She thinks it says/means one thing, I believe it says/means another.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1531607 wrote: Actually, Climate Change has a lot to do with evolution. It is one of the key factors behind it. Evolution happens when species need to adapt to a constantly changing environment, otherwise they would stagnate. Those that do not adapt simply die off & join the list of extinct species. Remember, there are far more extinct species than there are alive today.

"Climate Change" is a hoax and not man made. The Climate is always changing. Don't you realize what they are doing? In the 1970s it was Global Cooling and we are heading for an Ice Age they said. In the 1990s-2010 it was Global Warming. Now it is Climate Change that way no matter what happens in the weather, they can blame it on man. The whole thing is a hoax designed to push needless regulations that hurt the US economy. It's about Control.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1531918 wrote: "Climate Change" is a hoax and not man made. The Climate is always changing. Don't you realize what they are doing? In the 1970s it was Global Cooling and we are heading for an Ice Age they said. In the 1990s-2010 it was Global Warming. Now it is Climate Change that way no matter what happens in the weather, they can blame it on man. The whole thing is a hoax designed to push needless regulations that hurt the US economy. It's about Control.

You clearly didn't read or understand what I just said. My point was nothing about what the cause of Climate Change was. Personally I accept that much of it is due to natural changes, but the evidence also shows that man's intervention has made a substantial contribution, albeit possibly not as much as is claimed. My point was that regardless of what the cause the Climate IS changing, just as it always has done. Accordingly, those species who do not evolve & adapt to the changing conditions die off.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

xfrodobagginsx;1531799 wrote: The problem with that is that the day was spelled out in Genesis where it says "And the evening and the morning were the ____ Day." This signifies a 24 hour day.

Well everybody's entitled to their own opinion and people can interpret the Bible in different ways but I think just because they worded it that way doesn't actually mean 24 hours. I think a lot of the Bible is metaphor anyway.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1531921 wrote: You clearly didn't read or understand what I just said. My point was nothing about what the cause of Climate Change was. Personally I accept that much of it is due to natural changes, but the evidence also shows that man's intervention has made a substantial contribution, albeit possibly not as much as is claimed. My point was that regardless of what the cause the Climate IS changing, just as it always has done. Accordingly, those species who do not evolve & adapt to the changing conditions die off.

So then you would then agree that these climate change laws are pointless ways of destroying the economy right? Because the contribution by man is minimal at best.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532117 wrote: So then you would then agree that these climate change laws are pointless ways of destroying the economy right? Because the contribution by man is minimal at best.

Not at all. Man's effect is clearly instrumental in Climate Change & you are creating a Strawman argument by saying that Laws destroy economy. They don't. They destroy the environment. I was looking at some pictures of the daily views over some of the most polluted cities in the world over the past few weeks. It's amazing how the Global Lockdowns have cleared the air & made the vistas actually visible again. This is just a small demonstration of what can happen over just a few weeks on a local scale. Imagine the improvements that can be made in the long term by making simple changes to our lifestyles.
Ted

Post by Ted »

LOL rubish.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532118 wrote: Not at all. Man's effect is clearly instrumental in Climate Change & you are creating a Strawman argument by saying that Laws destroy economy. They don't. They destroy the environment. I was looking at some pictures of the daily views over some of the most polluted cities in the world over the past few weeks. It's amazing how the Global Lockdowns have cleared the air & made the vistas actually visible again. This is just a small demonstration of what can happen over just a few weeks on a local scale. Imagine the improvements that can be made in the long term by making simple changes to our lifestyles.

Wrong. Even IF every nation on earth abided by the job killing, economy killing Paris Accord, which thankfully Trump pulled the US out of, it would take decades to lower the temperature of the earth .1-.3 degrees. All while forcing explensive regulations that would cost trillions of dollars and millions of jobs through the years. No thanks. Global Warming is not caused by man, your own words proved it and now you are back tracking because you were caught. 10 years ago, Al Gore predicted catastrophic changes in the weather. New York and the east coast would be under water. What do you see today? The coast line hasn't changed a bit and these climate change alarmists are buying multi million dollar homes in these same areas they say should be under water.

Return to “General Chit Chat”