How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

For a great Bible study try Les Feldick:

http://www.lesfeldick.org/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Radio personality Delilah credits faith with saving her after the grief of losing two sons

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/radio-perso ... -two-sons/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

After infected priest gives communion in U.S. church, 550 parishioners in voluntary self-quarantine

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/u-s-church- ... uarantine/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Tomorrow is Sunday. Find a good Bible believing Church and attend!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

"In light of First Amendment rights, can the government instruct people not to gather for worship? Yes, says one of the nation's top religious rights organizations, the American Center for Law and Justice. As long as the restrictions are applied neutrally, as they appear to be so far."

What to watch for when government tells churches to close

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/watch-gover ... hes-close/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gummint did not tell churches to close. They simply advised that no gatherings of 10 or more people should be held.

And, all of that is currently still a request. not a command.

Besides, if you need to have a church to worship God, you're doing it wrong.

You really should find a more positive and spiritually nourishing website to get your news from.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531479 wrote: Gummint did not tell churches to close. They simply advised that no gatherings of 10 or more people should be held.

And, all of that is currently still a request. not a command.

Besides, if you need to have a church to worship God, you're doing it wrong.

You really should find a more positive and spiritually nourishing website to get your news from.

You didn't read the post. It was actually agreeing that the Churches should close because it's not being singled out from other places where lots of people gather.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531491 wrote: You didn't read the post. It was actually agreeing that the Churches should close because it's not being singled out from other places where lots of people gather.

I did read the post, and I read the article referred to.

The article is basically building a straw man argument against a premise not even posed, except by the articles' author, it seems.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531492 wrote: I did read the post, and I read the article referred to.

The article is basically building a straw man argument against a premise not even posed, except by the articles' author, it seems.

Perhaps they should have been a bit more specific in their title, however, although is is 'voluntary', it's really not. If Churches were to ignore this 'suggestion', the Government would most likely step in and make it mandatory. I think what you are doing is turning an article that is actually agreeing with the Government in this case and trying to find negative in it. The intention of the Article was not to claim that the Church is being persecuted, it is to agree with the Government in this case because the rule is being applied across the board.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531507 wrote: Perhaps they should have been a bit more specific in their title, however, although is is 'voluntary', it's really not. If Churches were to ignore this 'suggestion', the Government would most likely step in and make it mandatory. I think what you are doing is turning an article that is actually agreeing with the Government in this case and trying to find negative in it. The intention of the Article was not to claim that the Church is being persecuted, it is to agree with the Government in this case because the rule is being applied across the board.

I did some reading on the subject, and the article was inspired by several questions of that ilk posed by a number of right-wing "Christian" pastors wanting to challenge the idea.

Also, there were a number of church groups the challenged the idea, and insisted upon holding services. Likewise at least one "Christian" based college declared that they will continue with traditional classes, rather than switching to online remote studies.

And, guess what. The gummint did nothing about them.

They may, in the future step in and raise the level of the request, of course, and force compliance.

Hopefully these folks see the wisdom in voluntary compliance, and follow the recommendations.

My friend who is principle Pastor of a fairly large church in the Southeast was among the first to suggest switching to all remote services. They were very successful.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

In these trying times, draw near unto the Lord.

Eph 6:10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

jacinda;1531556 wrote: I believe it really is that heaven and hell are there

Welcome to the forums Jacinda! Are you saying that you believe in heaven and hell? I certainly do. I hope you read this first post. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

People make their own Hell.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531572 wrote: People make their own Hell.

What do you base your beliefs on?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531584 wrote: What do you base your beliefs on?

70 years of observation, to start with.

Plus studying the Bible, other holy writing, a few Philosophers, that sort of thing.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I think this demonstrates just how irresponsible the Church is.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/l ... vTAKkJg88g
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Most churches are following the recommendations.

The few that refuse to do so will soon be showing up in the statistics books.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531595 wrote: 70 years of observation, to start with.

Plus studying the Bible, other holy writing, a few Philosophers, that sort of thing.

So then do you believe that the Bible is God's Word? How do you know that what you are reading is true if it isn't God'Word?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531624 wrote: So then do you believe that the Bible is God's Word? How do you know that what you are reading is true if it isn't God'Word?

"The Bible is God's Word,..."

Umm, no. The Bible is compiled from several sources, and is very interesting, yes. But,

People who put their faith in a book, and other peoples' interpretations of said book are missing something.

I personally don't trust ANYBODY's interpretations of the Bible.

I have little use for you Bible-thumpers.

My faith is in God, not your Bible.

I don't need a "Written Contract with the Maker" as my uncle used to call it.

I think that it was St Augustine that opined that if you find a conflict between nature and scripture, you are reading the scripture with the wrong heart.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531638 wrote: "The Bible is God's Word,..."

Umm, no. The Bible is compiled from several sources, and is very interesting, yes. But,

People who put their faith in a book, and other peoples' interpretations of said book are missing something.

I personally don't trust ANYBODY's interpretations of the Bible.

I have little use for you Bible-thumpers.

My faith is in God, not your Bible.

I don't need a "Written Contract with the Maker" as my uncle used to call it.

I think that it was St Augustine that opined that if you find a conflict between nature and scripture, you are reading the scripture with the wrong heart.

So then if the Bible is not God's Word, then what do you place your beliefs on regarding who Christ is, the Way of Salvation, what is or is not right behavior? How does God communicate these things to you or does it come from you? Also, is the Bible lying when it declares it's self to be the Word of God? What about Jesus when He quotes Scripture as authoritatively from God and expects us to believe it? Is Jesus wrong?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531649 wrote: So then if the Bible is not God's Word, then what do you place your beliefs on regarding who Christ is, the Way of Salvation, what is or is not right behavior?
The Heart knows.

xfrodobagginsx;1531649 wrote:

How does God communicate these things to you or does it come from you?
The Heart knows

Also, is the Bible lying when it declares it's self to be the Word of God?
How you interpret the Bible is your business.

What about Jesus when He quotes Scripture as authoritatively from God and expects us to believe it? Is Jesus wrong?
See previous answers.

Your scare tactic theology is a waste of everybody's time.

No one is going to die and go to hell. They were all forgiven for "Original Sin" 2000 years ago.

"It is finished."

As for their own actions, and how they will answer for those, that is their business, not ours.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531651 wrote: The Heart knows.

The Heart knows

I understand that you don't believe as I do, but I am just going to tell you what the Bible says about this:

The Bible says that you can't trust your own heart:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

LarsMac;1531651 wrote: How you interpret the Bible is your business.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

(KJV)

LarsMac;1531651 wrote: See previous answers.

Your scare tactic theology is a waste of everybody's time.

No one is going to die and go to hell. They were all forgiven for "Original Sin" 2000 years ago.

"It is finished."

As for their own actions, and how they will answer for those, that is their business, not ours.

Honestly, this is not about scare tactics. This is about what is actually true and what is false. Again, the Bible says otherwise on the topic of hell as well. Everyone has forgiveness available to them, but only those who place their faith in Christ believing that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins will be forgiven according to Scripture. What was finished is the WAY of Salvation, but we have to appropriate it. It's like this, If you commit a crime, say you kill someone and are sentenced to life in prison. Then the President comes and offers you a pardon for your crime. In order to get out of Prison, you have to accept the Pardon. What if someone says to the President that they reject His Pardon? Then they have to stay in Prison and serve their sentence even though they could have gotten out. It's exactly like that with Salvation.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This thread is not about condemning people or pointing my fingers at them. It's about showing them what God's Word says about Salvation. It's not a matter of interpretation, it's pretty plainly stated. That's all I am saying.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531660 wrote: I understand that you don't believe as I do, but I am just going to tell you what the Bible says about this:

The Bible says that you can't trust your own heart:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

(KJV)

Honestly, this is not about scare tactics. This is about what is actually true and what is false. Again, the Bible says otherwise on the topic of hell as well. Everyone has forgiveness available to them, but only those who place their faith in Christ believing that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins will be forgiven according to Scripture. What was finished is the WAY of Salvation, but we have to appropriate it. It's like this, If you commit a crime, say you kill someone and are sentenced to life in prison. Then the President comes and offers you a pardon for your crime. In order to get out of Prison, you have to accept the Pardon. What if someone says to the President that they reject His Pardon? Then they have to stay in Prison and serve their sentence even though they could have gotten out. It's exactly like that with Salvation.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This thread is not about condemning people or pointing my fingers at them. It's about showing them what God's Word says about Salvation. It's not a matter of interpretation, it's pretty plainly stated. That's all I am saying.

We've already established that I don't buy into the bible-thumper line.

The interesting thing is that people can dig through the bible and find passages to support just about any point of view that they wish to run with.

Therefore the Bible actually does not prove much of anything when it comes to what to believe.

I can toss out a whole lot of names of people who use the bible for their own gains.

Neo-Nazis, White supremacists, Slavers, Businessmen, Preachers, Scam Artists, terrorists, Politicians, and there are some men who are all of the above. Snakes and Monsters.

So, using the Bible to support your fallacies is a waste of time.

"It is finished." - John 19:30

"... Go and sin no more." - John 8:11
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531666 wrote: We've already established that I don't buy into the bible-thumper line.

The interesting thing is that people can dig through the bible and find passages to support just about any point of view that they wish to run with.

Therefore the Bible actually does not prove much of anything when it comes to what to believe.

I can toss out a whole lot of names of people who use the bible for their own gains.

Neo-Nazis, White supremacists, Slavers, Businessmen, Preachers, Scam Artists, terrorists, Politicians, and there are some men who are all of the above. Snakes and Monsters.

So, using the Bible to support your fallacies is a waste of time.

"It is finished." - John 19:30

"... Go and sin no more." - John 8:11

Well, my point was that you said that you base your beliefs on the Bible and other things, then when I quote the Bible, you don't believe it. You have to look at the Bible IN CONTEXT, which is what those cult types are NOT doing. We are going to have to agree to disagree.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531677 wrote: Well, my point was that you said that you base your beliefs on the Bible and other things, then when I quote the Bible, you don't believe it. You have to look at the Bible IN CONTEXT, which is what those cult types are NOT doing. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

You're one of those "Cult types"
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531680 wrote: You're one of those "Cult types"

No, I am the type that actually believes what the Bible says as Christ expected us to:

Jesus said:

Lu 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531686 wrote: No, I am the type that actually believes what the Bible says as Christ expected us to...

That is what all the cults say.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531693 wrote: That is what all the cults say.

It can be easily shown that the cultists twist Scripture by comparing Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to. If you actually know what the Bible says, are led of the Spirit and know and how it fits together you shouldn't be fooled.

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531703 wrote: It can be easily shown that the cultists twist Scripture by comparing Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to. If you actually know what the Bible says, are led of the Spirit and know and how it fits together you shouldn't be fooled.

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Funny.

A while back I was hanging out with some Moonies in DC, and once even met some Scientologists in Davis, CA.

Guess which scripture they quoted.

Sorry, I don't trust any of you. You're all the same.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Religious Nutjobs (Creationists in particular) cannot get out of the habit of using the Bible as evidence for itself, and expecting that to be accpted as valid.

If someone was up in court on a murder charge, and the Prosecution had the evidence of DNA traces, CCTV coverage, Powder Traces, as well as Ballistic Evidence from the Bullet, but the Defendant says that he is Innocent as he was down at the pub at the time. When asked if he could prove this he replies, "Yes, it's there in my statement". Would any Jury accept this as a valid Defence? Of course not. Because he is relying on his own word & expecting everyone else to believe that in the face of all the contradictory evidence.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531706 wrote: Funny.

A while back I was hanging out with some Moonies in DC, and once even met some Scientologists in Davis, CA.

Guess which scripture they quoted.

Sorry, I don't trust any of you. You're all the same.

It's not about one Scripture per se. It's about your theology being in accordance with what the Bible actually says. Quoting one Scripture doesn't prove anything. People like that don't take the Bible for what it says either. They are more like you than they are me.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531720 wrote: It's not about one Scripture per se. It's about your theology being in accordance with what the Bible actually says. Quoting one Scripture doesn't prove anything. People like that don't take the Bible for what it says either. They are more like you than they are me.

Sorry, but you are seeing this as a single dimension issue. That is how you are, it seems.

Those people can quote the scriptures even better than you do. It's not just one or two lines. And they use all the same lines you offer up. Knowing the bible not a special dispensation to people like you.

As I said before people can take the Bible and justify all types of human behavior.

And you offer people nothing but false hope. Which is really said because God and Jesus actually offer so much more that you may ever know, with your nose is stuck in the book.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531721 wrote: Sorry, but you are seeing this as a single dimension issue. That is how you are, it seems.

Those people can quote the scriptures even better than you do. It's not just one or two lines. And they use all the same lines you offer up. Knowing the bible not a special dispensation to people like you.

As I said before people can take the Bible and justify all types of human behavior.

And you offer people nothing but false hope. Which is really said because God and Jesus actually offer so much more that you may ever know, with your nose is stuck in the book.

It's just interesting to me that you say you know what God and Jesus think, but you don't believe what the Bible says. You said the Bible is your source, but then you say that you don't believe the Bible. Do you see how contradictory this is? You really don't seem to have any foundation for your beliefs other than your own feelings.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531726 wrote: It's just interesting to me that you say you know what God and Jesus think, but you don't believe what the Bible says. You said the Bible is your source, but then you say that you don't believe the Bible. Do you see how contradictory this is? You really don't seem to have any foundation for your beliefs other than your own feelings.

That just shows that you didn't read what I posted,

again.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531731 wrote: That just shows that you didn't read what I posted,

again.

Yes I did. You listed the Bible and other writings as your source as well as your own feelings. The Bible was among your sources for truth.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This Is Great News! 73000 Muslims Convert To Christianity In One Day!

https://www.ambassadorofgrace.com/2020/ ... Z.facebook
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531736 wrote: Yes I did. You listed the Bible and other writings as your source as well as your own feelings. The Bible was among your sources for truth.

The Bible can be a source of truth, but it is not THE source of Truth.

There lies the difference between you and me.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

For you, the bible must be completely and absolutely factual for Jesus to be real.

But Jesus does not need the Bible to be real.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531757 wrote: The Bible can be a source of truth, but it is not THE source of Truth.

There lies the difference between you and me.

So, how do you determine which parts are true and which parts are false?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

To start with, pay more attention to what Jesus and the Apostles had to say about how to treat people, than worrying about the folklore.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531764 wrote: For you, the bible must be completely and absolutely factual for Jesus to be real.

But Jesus does not need the Bible to be real.

I agree that Jesus is real and non Biblical sources prove it. There are many Secular Writings Regarding Christ from His day and shortly thereafter.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531780 wrote: To start with, pay more attention to what Jesus and the Apostles had to say about how to treat people, than worrying about the folklore.

What tells you to ignore the rest of the Bible and just focus on Jesus telling us to love others? Jesus also said He is the only way to heaven. What gives you the authority to pick and choose which things to obey and which things to disregard? I'm being serious here. He said both those things and so I struggle to understand why you choose to obey the one and dismiss the other as folklore.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Loving someone = Being Truthful to them
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531798 wrote: What tells you to ignore the rest of the Bible and just focus on Jesus telling us to love others? Jesus also said He is the only way to heaven. What gives you the authority to pick and choose which things to obey and which things to disregard? I'm being serious here. He said both those things and so I struggle to understand why you choose to obey the one and dismiss the other as folklore.

I did not say that I ignore it. I just understand that it is not science. And I seldom "dismiss" Folklore.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531804 wrote: I did not say that I ignore it. I just understand that it is not science. And I seldom "dismiss" Folklore.

None of it is science. But I would argue that science does back all of it where applicable.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Americans think God is sending serious message with coronavirus

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/americans-t ... ronavirus/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531804 wrote: I did not say that I ignore it. I just understand that it is not science. And I seldom "dismiss" Folklore.

What do you say abput the scientific facts in the Bible that they couldn't have known at the time?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The Bible is not a science book.

it is, at least in part, a history book.

There are some items in the Bible that may be proved true by scientific experiment. That does not make it a science book.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531882 wrote: The Bible is not a science book.

it is, at least in part, a history book.

There are some items in the Bible that may be proved true by scientific experiment. That does not make it a science book.

I agree that the Bible is not a Science book, however, it is 100% accurate in matters of Science and there are many examples of Scientific things not known at that time that were stated to be true that came to be known in this modern age.

I also agree that the Bible is a History book. It is a history of God creating all that exists, creating man, man falling and man needing a Savior. It's a history of God making a great nation (Israel) and out of that Great Nation would come the Savior of mankind. It also foretells the future as it foretold the coming of the Savior (Messiah) Jesus Christ. In foretelling, it listed hundreds of details of His life here that couldn't have been known at the time it was written that happened.

I never said it was a Science book, but it is accurate in matters of Science that it does refer to.

Return to “General Chit Chat”