How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

xfrodobagginsx;1530579 wrote: I will respond later, but in the mean time could you list the verses you are referring to?Another request to go down the rabbit hole.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1530561 wrote: First of all taking current events & cherry picking certain verses to try to crowbar them into meaning what you want them to mean has no more credibility than the horoscope of any bit of gutter press rags. They mean whatever you want them to mean.

Secondly, Exodus is full of instances where God is ordering babies to be torn from the wombs of their Mothers & for innocent infants to be slain. That sounds very much like primitive abortion to me. The actions of a most benevolent God?

If God is all powerful, then how come a mere mortal is able to defy his will by bringing about a termination? He can't be all powerful if a mere human can override his will.

I prophesise you will then move onto the matter of Free Will. Well, Theists will agree that God knows everything. He knows in advance what every decision will be, as that was always part of his great plan. That simply goes to show that there is no Free Will, as he has already preset the outcome. If there really were to be Free Will then God would never know the outcome, and therefore could not be considered omniscient. On the other hand, what would we expect to see if there were no God? Simple. We would see exactly what we DO see.

The matter of Free Will also reflects on the matter of Prayer. If God were to be omniscient he would already know whether a prayer were to be answered or not. Therefore, what would the purpose of the prayer be if the outcome is going to be the same?

Furthermore, the power of Prayer has been tested under Laboratory Conditions, and it has been found to have the same results as would be expected from mere chance - EXCEPT when someone knows that someone is praying for them, when it has been shown to have a detrimental effect, as the psychsomatic syndrome takes effect.

Anyone who says that there is evidence for God is self delusional because if there were such evidence there would be no such thing as Atheism as Atheism is, by definition, the condition of not believing in a God because of lack of evidence to the contrary. And the Bible cannot be considered as evidence in the same way as the Defendant in a Court Trial cannot expect his plea of Not Guilty as being evidence. In this case, God is on trial on a charge of existing. Due to a lack of evidence I find him Not Guilty.

If a God does exist, then by everything that it says about him in the Bible he is a malevolent entity who is a hypocritical sadist. An entity who makes laws about not killing, then orders Genocidal Slaughter. An entity which condones slavery. An entity who condemns infinite generations because of something one of their ancestors did after he tricked them into committing a sin, before they had no notion of what sin was.

Ok, first of all, I am not 'Cherry Picking' certain events. Every year or two there is a new 'Super Virus' that is going to cause havoc around the world. This year it is the Corona Virus. The Swine Flu a few years ago. Mad Cow a few years ago. Aids in the 1980s & 1990s was really a scary thought. The point is the it just supports what Christ said that there will be pestilences. It's not a stretch. Famines are going on all over the world as well in Africa and the 3rd world. Earthquakes in diverse places. The frequency of earthquakes has gone up exponentially in the last 100 years.

Where in Exodus does God tell the Jews to tear babies from their mother's womb? I would like to see those verses.

God is all powerful, but He is allowing evil in the world right now in order to judge the world in the end. After the Judgement, the world will be restored to what it was originally supposed to be. But those who will not serve the Lord will not be able to enjoy it.

I could move on to free will and it would be valid as well. Actually, you are wrong. Freewill can exist simultaneously with predestination, which is what I actually believe to be the case. BOTH are present in this verse.

Ro 8:29 ¶ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I have heard studies about prayer that DO show that there is a 10% increase in a positive effect, but even IF you are right, that doesn't mean that the outcome of many situations weren't changed by prayer. It is possible that God could switch outcomes within two separate situations based upon one praying and the other not praying. But that is just a thought. I can tell you that prayer changes things because I have seen it in my own life and family in undeniable ways.

The Bible says that Ps 19:1 ¶ "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."

Ro 1:20"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

There were a few instances in the OT where God ordered it because of the consequences that would happen if they left those particular people. But Israel didn't obey God and had nothing but trouble from them continually for generations. God doesn't condone involuntary slavery. He allowed voluntary slavery to pay off debts and it was a period of 7 years. There was 1 or more incidence where God did command Israel to enslave a group of people as a judgement upon them for their deeply wicked things that they had done. God doesn't want to condemn anyone but death is a consequence of sin inherited from Adam yes. But because God DOES care, He went though all of the trouble to form Israel and deal with their repeated rebellion to bring forth a Savior, Jesus Christ who was God's very Son, whom the Father loved very dearly. He allowed Him to leave His throne in heaven to live as a poor man, be mocked, beaten, tortured and killed so that we could be saved from our sins. He calls men to spread the Gospel to warn people, in spite of the ridicule and mocking and sometimes physical harm and death that comes upon them so that the world could be saved. But God does give us free will to choose.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The Seven Dispensations

The story of Man's Failure - and God's Grace - as demonstrated in all ages

^ v Christ returns Christ The Great

Beginning Call of Ascension | in the air. returns White Throne

of civilization Abram The Law of Christ | ^ to earth Judgment

| | given to ^ Descent of the Rapture of | Rev 20:11

Creation | Landing | Moses The | Holy Spirit the church | | A new

of man | of the ark | Ex 20:1-17 Cross | v | | Christ's | eternal

| | | | | __|__ ^ | | | Millenial | Heaven

| INNOCENCE | CONSCIENCE | GOVERNMENT | PROMISE | LAW | | | GRACE | TRIBULATION | KINGDOM | & Earth

|___________|____________|____________|____________|_______________| | v________________________|_______________v_______________| --> -->

Gen 2:25 | Gen 3:22 | Gen 9:5 | Gen 12:1-3 | Gal 3:19 | | Eph 3:2 Rom 6:14 | Mat 24:21 | Dan 2:44 | Rev 21

| | | | | | | | Final

Expulsion The Confusion Slaves Israel Fall of Confusion Armageddon rebellion

from Eden Flood of tongues in Egypt Dispersed Jerusalem of Religions crushed

Dispensation Opening Event Man's Responsibility Man's Failure Man's Tendency Closing Event Personal Salvation

INNOCENCE

(1)

Summary/Principle:

Rom 5:12 God creates man

Gen 1:26,27

Â*Â*Â*2:7,25 Believe & Obey

Gen 2:15-17 Innocence Lost

Gen 3:6,7 Away from God

Gen 3:9,10 Judgment-

Expelled from Eden

Gen 3:17-19

Â*Â*Â*3:22-24 By Grace through Faith-

Substitutionary sacrifice:

- The blood of the Lamb,

Â*Â*Â*Gen 3:21

- The promise of the Seed,

Â*Â*Â*Gen 3:15;Â*4:25

CONSCIENCE

(2)

Rom 2:15 Abel offers a lamb.

Cain murders Abel.

Gen 4:2-15 Believe & Obey

Gen 4:4-7

Heb 11:4 Conscience defiled

Gen 6:5-7 Away from God

Gen 6:11-13 Judgment- The Flood

Gen 7:11-12,23 By Grace through Faith-

Gen 6:8

Heb 11:4-7

1Pet 3:18-22

Â*GOVERNMENTÂ*

(3)

Rom 13:1-7 Noah -worships God

-receives a covenant

and responsibility

Gen 8:20-22 Believe & Obey

Gen 9:1-6 Personal disorder

Â*Â*Â*Gen 9:20-23

Societal disorder

Â*Â*Â*Gen 11:1-4 Away from God-

'Man's Failure'

references apply. Judgment-

Confusion

of tongues

Gen 11:5-9 By Grace through Faith-

The line of the Seed:

Gen 9:26;Â*11:10-32

PROMISE

(4)

Num 23:19

Mic 7:20

Rom 11:29 God -calls Abram

-gives him promises

Â*Â*Â*Gen 12:1-7;

Â*Â*Â*13:14-17;Â*15:5

Promises repeated

to Isaac & Jacob

Â*Â*Â*Gen 26:1-5

Â*Â*Â*28:10-15 Believe & Obey

Gen 15:6

Rom 4:3 Promised blessings

pursued by

fleshly means:

-Abram,Â*Gen 16:2

-Jacob,Â*Gen 27:19

-Moses,Â*Acts 7:22-29 Away from God-

God's promises disregarded:

-Lot,Â*Gen 13:10-13

-Esau,Â*Gen 25:31-34

Â*Â*Â*26:34,35

-The sons of Israel

Â*Â*Â*Gen 37:18-20

-Israel's longing for Egypt

Â*Â*Â*Ex 16:2,3

Summary:Â*Psa 106:1-15 Judgment-

-Bondage in Egypt

Ex 1:7-14;Â*2:23-25 By Grace through Faith-

Rom 4:3-5

Heb 11:8-22

Gen 22:8,15-18

Gen 49:8-12,18

LAW

(5)

Rom 3:19,20 Israel promises

to keep the Law

Ex 19:1-8 Believe & Obey

Deu 7:11-15, blessings

Deu 8:11-20, cursings Law broken

repeatedly-

Ex 32:1-8

Judg 21:25

Psa 106:16-48 Away from God

Dan 9:4-16 Judgment-

-Israel captive in Assyria

Â*Â*Â*2Kin 17:1-18

-Judah captive in Babylon

Â*Â*Â*2Kin 25:1-11

-Jerusalem destroyed

Â*Â*Â*Mat 23:37-39 By Grace through Faith-

the blood of the Lamb

Â*Â*Â*Ex 12:3

Â*Â*Â*Lev 17:11

Â*Â*Â*Heb 9:19-22

Â*Â*Â*Gal 4:4,5

Examples of believers:

-Moses,Â*Heb 11:23-40

-David,Â*Rom 4:5-8

Summary-Â*Gal 3:10-19

GRACE

(6)

John 1:17

Titus 2:11-14

1Pet 1:10-12 Christ -ascends

-sends the Spirit

Â*Â*Â*Acts 1:1-9

Â*Â*Â*Acts 2:1-4

-establishes His church

Â*Â*Â*1Cor 12:12,13

Â*Â*Â*Eph 3:1-10 Believe & Obey

-for eternal life

Â*Â*Â*Acts 2:36-47

Â*Â*Â*John 6:28,29,47;Â*5:24

Â*Â*Â*Rom 5:1,2;Â*10:4

Â*Â*Â*Eph 2:8,9

-for earthly living

Â*Â*Â*Rom 8:2-4

Â*Â*Â*Gal 2:20;Â*3:2,3 Apostasy-

2Tim 4:3-4

Heb 6:4-8 Away from God

2Tim 3:13

2Pet 2:1-3,17-22 The Bride of Christ

caught up to meet Him.

Â*Â*Â*1The 4:16-17

Â*Â*Â*Rev 3:10

Judgment- The apostate

church enters the

Tribulation.

Â*Â*Â*Rev 2:21-23

Â*Â*Â*Rev 3:15-16 By Grace through Faith-

1Pet 1:18-21

Isaiah 53

Rom 3:20-26

Rom 6:23

also see references under

'Man's Responsibility'

TRIBULATION

(a special

7 yr period)

John 5:43 The man of sin

is revealed

1The 5:1-3

2The 2:1-12

Mat 24:21-22 In the Tribulation, man's failure comes to awful fruition:

Innocence-Â*Men live the lie & call evil good (cp.Â*Gen 3:5).

Conscience-Â*Corrupt minds ignore God's Word (Mat 24:37-39).

Government-Â*The world unites with antichrist against God.

Promise-Â*Israel is in the promised land, but in unbelief.

Law-Â*The rebuilt Temple is given over to false worship.

Grace-Â*The apostate church is aligned with the antichrist. Judgment- Christ casts out

Satan & his false leaders.

Rev 19:11-21

Rev 20:1-3 Even in this terrible time,Â*

many find salvation

by Grace through Faith

in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 7:14;Â*12:10,11

KINGDOM

(7)

Isa 9:6,7 Jesus Christ

returns to earth

as King of kings

Mat 25:31-34

Rev 20:4-6 Believe & Obey

Isa 2:1-4

Isa 11:1-16

Isa 12:1-6

Isa 55:1-3

Zech 14:16-18 Even in the age of Righteousness,

man turns away from Christ to follow

Satan when given the opportunity.

Rev 20:7-10 Judgment-

-the final rebellion is crushed.

-eternal destinies are decreed

Rev 20:10-15 By Grace through Faith-

Rev 21:22-27

During the Kingdom age, the disorder of previous ages is corrected:

Innocence-Â*God's truth is known by all men (Jer 31:34).

Conscience-Â*God's people have holy hearts to serve Him (Jer 31:33).

Government-Â*Christ rules from Jerusalem. Righteousness covers the earth.

Promise-Â*Israel is in her land. Abrahamic & Davidic covenants are fulfilled.

Law-Â*True temple worship declares that Christ has fulfilled the Law.

Grace-Â*The true church is with Christ in His glory.

NOTE:Â*To print this chart:

Set your browser to display in a small font.

Setup your printer for Landscape orientation.

Set minimal page margins. If desired, adjust top and bottom margins (by trial and error) to place the page break between table sections.

Go toÂ*The BookÂ*opening page.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

If you look at the above chart, you will see that God has changed is MO with man throughout history. We are currently in the age of Grace.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This man is a GREAT Bible Teacher! He also shows how the Bible fits together perfectly as it was inspired by God Himself.

Through The Bible With Les Feldick

https://www.lesfeldick.org/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The Holy Spirit IS God:

2Co 3:17 And the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit is one with the Father and the Son:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

A Clear distinction is made between Christ and the Spirit. It says that believers are wash and sanctified by the Spirit:

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The Holy Spirit raised Christ from the dead:

1Pe 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

God raised Christ from the dead:

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

(KJV)

Therefore, the Spirit is God.

He abides in believers by the Holy Spirit, signifying that the Spirit is God:

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

God the Father, Son and Spirit present in the Creation of Man:

Ge 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Let US go down and make man in OUR image. Think about it. Who is God talking to? The Trinity.

God made man in His own image:

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

It would be easier to highlight if I could use the bold feature.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530698 wrote: It would be easier to highlight if I could use the bold feature.

Everybody has the same problem. We've advised you of that several times. Please quit whining about the text editor.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Court says park cross stays because to remove it would be 'hostile to religion'

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/court-says- ... -religion/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I would be curious what your thoughts are on this article. Do you believe that religious speech should be protected in public places?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

These are my reasons that I don’t believe Judas was ever a Christian and that he may even be the Anti Christ re incarnated (I don’t believe in re incarnation per se, but this may be a special case)

Jesus calls Judas “A Devil” (He wouldn’t call a child of God a devil)

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Judas was a thief and cared nothing for the poor. It’s obvious to me that his heart never was with Jesus Christ. Of Judas, Jesus said:

Joh 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

Satan himself possessed Judas (This is the only record of satan himself actually possessing anyone except the Anti Christ)

Joh 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Judas is called “The Son of Perdition”

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The AntiChrist is called “The Son of Perdition”

2Th 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

(KJV)

Judas didn’t go to heaven or hell. He went to his own place.

Ac 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Perdition will be possessed from the beast of the bottomless pit (Could Judas be in the bottomless pit)?:

Re 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition:
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Tomorrow is Sunday. Please find a good Bible Believing Church and attend!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Christians Do go to heaven:

Mr 16:19 ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Â*2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

(KJV)

Php 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Â*22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

Â*23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Â*24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

People in heaven:

Â*Re 19:1 ¶ And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

(KJV)

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth.Â* The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time.Â* Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.Â*
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Explosion of flora near Dead Sea fulfillment of prophecy?

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/explosion-f ... -prophecy/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Sorry for double post.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Canaanite temple invaded by biblical Joshua unearthed

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/canaanit...hua-unearthed/

New find again validates biblical account and shows similarities with Solomon's Temple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530874 wrote: Canaanite temple invaded by biblical Joshua unearthed

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/canaanit...hua-unearthed/

New find again validates biblical account and shows similarities with Solomon's Temple

Not found, error 404

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the site's homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it with the information below.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Canaanite temple invaded by biblical Joshua unearthed

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/canaanite-t ... unearthed/

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

OK.

But I have found WND to be a poor, and unreliable source of facts.

They also keep wanting to track my activity, and send me advertisements.

They have no credibility. You really should find supporting documentation somewhere else
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

WND is a reputable site, but here is another site.

Canaanite Temple Invaded by Biblical Joshua Unearthed

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/cana ... unearthed/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530878 wrote: Not found, error 404

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the site's homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it with the information below.

Sometimes when you copy and paste links they don't paste correctly.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

First of all, no where in the bible does it say that it is a SIN to drink in moderation. That's proof enough, but here are some other verses:

Pr 31:6 (NKJV) Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart.

If it were a sin, why would God tell them to give strong drink to the dying and wine to the bitter?

1Ti 5:23 (NKJV) No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.

It was prescribed as a medicine to Timothy.

Eph 5:18 (MKJV) And do not be drunk with wine, in which is excess, but be filled with the Spirit,

Basically it's saying not to be drunk, because it's excess. It is a warning against drunkeness.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; {of good...: or, modest} Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

A pastor shouldn't drink at all.

1Ti 3:8 ¶ Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

Deacons can drink wine, but not in excess...not a drunkard as a deacon. If it's grape juice as some baptists claim, why would He care how much they drank? Grape juice doesn't get people drunk.

Tit 2:3 The ]aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; {holiness: or, holy women} {false...: or, one who foments strife}

(KJV)

The aged women are permitted to drink in moderation as well. Only a pastor, or an elder is forbidden.

Mt 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

John the baptist didn't drink alcohol because he was a nazarite. They were forbidden to do certain things that were not necessarily sins. If it was a sin to drink alcohol, why would God command John, as a special vow, not to drink it? If that were the case, then it would already be expected.

Mt 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Jesus drank wine. They called Him a winebibber. They couldn't call Him a winebibber (lush) if He didn't drink wine with alcohol in it.

They offered wine unto the Lord for a drink offering in the old testiment:

Ex 29:40 And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering

Nu 6:20 And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine. This is the law of the Nazarite who hath vowed, and of his offering unto the LORD for his separation, beside that that his hand shall get: according to the vow which he vowed, so he must do after the law of his separation.

Here are some more verses that show that there were wine offerings under the law:

Nu 15:10 And thou shalt bring for a drink offering half an hin of wine, for an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Nu 28:7 And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering.

Nu 28:14 And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year.

Anyways, I could keep going but I think I have proven my point to you. Now show me where it actually says not to drink.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Please do share with us how an agency dedicated to finding homes for children without them is violating their faith by finding children homes.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530958 wrote: Please do share with us how an agency dedicated to finding homes for children without them is violating their faith by finding children homes.

This is how:

"Catholic Social Services sued the city of Philadelphia for banning the religious agency from its foster program for refusing to place children with same-sex couples."
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530968 wrote: This is how:

"Catholic Social Services sued the city of Philadelphia for banning the religious agency from its foster program for refusing to place children with same-sex couples."

So, again, the question,...?

Please do explain.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530969 wrote: So, again, the question,...?

Please do explain.

According to their statement it is by banning them from placing the Children due to their religious conviction that traditional values are best for children.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530974 wrote: According to their statement it is by banning them from placing the Children due to their religious conviction that traditional values are best for children.

IT seems that it was their refusal to place children that got them the ban.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530978 wrote: IT seems that it was their refusal to place children that got them the ban.

It was their refusing to violate their Christian beliefs to place the children in gay homes that got them the ban, which is why it's in Court. They were placing the children in heterosexual homes, so it wasn't that they were refusing to place the children.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

BELIEF COMPARISION

ISLAM VS.

CHRISTIANITY

THE CHRISTIAN BELIEFS ARE IN BOLD BELOW. THE ISLAMIC BELIEFS ARE NOT IN BOLD.

God

Only one god - called Allah

Only one God - a triune being called God or Yahweh

Jesus

A prophet who was virgin-born, but not the Son of God

Divine son of God who was virgin-born. He is God's Word and Savior to humanity

Crucifixion

Jesus was not crucified. Someone was substituted for Jesus and He hid until He could meet with the disciples

A fact of history that is necessary for the atonement of sin and the salvation of believers

Jesus' Resurrection

Since Muslims do not believe in the Crucifixion, there is no need to believe in the Resurrection

A fact of history that signifies God's victory over sin and death

Trinity

A blasphemy signifying belief in three gods. In Islam, the Trinity is mistakenly thought to be God, Jesus, and Mary

The one God is eternally revealed in three coequal and coeternal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

Sin

Sin is disobedience to the established law. Sin does not grieve Allah.

Sin is rebellion against God. Sin grieves God

Man

Man is created by Allah and is sinless

Man is created in God's image and is sinful by nature

Salvation

Salvation is achieved by submitting to the will of Allah. There is no assurance of salvation - it is granted by Allah's mercy alone

Salvation is a gift accepted by faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ on the Cross and provided through God's grace.

Bible

Muslims accept the Bible (especially the Pentateuch, Psalms, and Gospels) insofar as it agrees with the Qur'an

The Bible is the inspired Word of God that is complete and not to be added to

Qur'an (Koran)

A later revelation that supersedes and corrects errors in the Bible

Not accepted as divine revelation

Muhammad

The last in the line of prophets and, therefore, the final authority in spiritual matters

Not accepted as a prophet or legitimate theological source

Angels

These divine messengers are created from light and are not worshipped. Satan is a fallen angel

Angels are defined in the Bible as heavenly servants of God who act as His messengers

Last Days

There will be bodily resurrection and final judgment with final destination. All Muslims go to heaven, though some must be purged of their sins first. All infidels are destined for hell

There will be bodily resurrection in the last days. Final judgment and eternal destination (heaven or hell) will be decided based on acceptance of Jesus as Savior and His removal of the sin which separates each person from God
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1530993 wrote: It was their refusing to violate their Christian beliefs to place the children in gay homes that got them the ban, which is why it's in Court. They were placing the children in heterosexual homes, so it wasn't that they were refusing to place the children.

So, again, ..., how is it their right to decide where to, and not to place children? The state, or City was paying them to place children with foster families, was it not?

They are preventing children from finding homes with people who would care for them.

It is really that simple. If they cannot do their task as defined by the State, or City that is footing the bill, they are in violation of the contract.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1530996 wrote: So, again, ..., how is it their right to decide where to, and not to place children? The state, or City was paying them to place children with foster families, was it not?

They are preventing children from finding homes with people who would care for them.

It is really that simple. If they cannot do their task as defined by the State, or City that is footing the bill, they are in violation of the contract.

It is their right because they are an adoption agency. They aren't preventing any kids from going into homes. They are placing the children in traditional homes because they believe that tge sutuatiin is better for tge children and it is also their job to do what is best for the kids.

It's not violating the contract which is why it is in court.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this and see what the Court decides.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Try again, Bob.

The Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with the City of Philadelphia for its ban of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Catholic Social Services (CSS) from its foster placement program.

April 23, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A federal appeals court ruled against foster families and the Catholic foster care agency working with them to provide loving and stable homes for foster children in Philadelphia.

The Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with the City of Philadelphia for its ban of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Catholic Social Services (CSS) from its foster placement program.

The city ended its contract with CSS because the archdiocese’s program adheres to Church teaching on marriage and won’t place kids with same-sex couples.

The court ruled Monday that the city did not target the archdiocese’s foster care agency because of its religious beliefs, a Washington Post report said, and acted only to enforce its non-discrimination policy.

“The city stands on firm ground in requiring its contractors to abide by its non-discrimination policies when administering public services,” Circuit Court Judge Thomas Ambro wrote for the three-judge panel.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Happy Sunday To All! Find A Good Bible Believing Church & Attend!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531018 wrote: Try again, Bob.

April 23, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A federal appeals court ruled against foster families and the Catholic foster care agency working with them to provide loving and stable homes for foster children in Philadelphia.

The city ended its contract with CSS because the archdiocese’s program adheres to Church teaching on marriage and won’t place kids with same-sex couples.

The court ruled Monday that the city did not target the archdiocese’s foster care agency because of its religious beliefs, a Washington Post report said, and acted only to enforce its non-discrimination policy.

“The city stands on firm ground in requiring its contractors to abide by its non-discrimination policies when administering public services,” Circuit Court Judge Thomas Ambro wrote for the three-judge panel.

They claim that they didn't target them based on their religious beliefs, but they expect them to violate them, so it's the same thing. Probably Liberal Judges and probably at leat some appointed by Obama. Let's see what happens when it gets to the US Supreme Court. Judges really do Judge based on world view.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

BELIEF COMPARISION

ISLAM VS.

CHRISTIANITY

THE CHRISTIAN BELIEFS ARE IN BOLD BELOW. THE ISLAMIC BELIEFS ARE NOT IN BOLD.

God

Only one god - called Allah

Only one God - a triune being called God or Yahweh

Jesus

A prophet who was virgin-born, but not the Son of God

Divine son of God who was virgin-born. He is God's Word and Savior to humanity

Crucifixion

Jesus was not crucified. Someone was substituted for Jesus and He hid until He could meet with the disciples

A fact of history that is necessary for the atonement of sin and the salvation of believers

Jesus' Resurrection

Since Muslims do not believe in the Crucifixion, there is no need to believe in the Resurrection

A fact of history that signifies God's victory over sin and death

Trinity

A blasphemy signifying belief in three gods. In Islam, the Trinity is mistakenly thought to be God, Jesus, and Mary

The one God is eternally revealed in three coequal and coeternal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

Sin

Sin is disobedience to the established law. Sin does not grieve Allah.

Sin is rebellion against God. Sin grieves God

Man

Man is created by Allah and is sinless

Man is created in God's image and is sinful by nature

Salvation

Salvation is achieved by submitting to the will of Allah. There is no assurance of salvation - it is granted by Allah's mercy alone

Salvation is a gift accepted by faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ on the Cross and provided through God's grace.

Bible

Muslims accept the Bible (especially the Pentateuch, Psalms, and Gospels) insofar as it agrees with the Qur'an

The Bible is the inspired Word of God that is complete and not to be added to

Qur'an (Koran)

A later revelation that supersedes and corrects errors in the Bible

Not accepted as divine revelation

Muhammad

The last in the line of prophets and, therefore, the final authority in spiritual matters

Not accepted as a prophet or legitimate theological source

Angels

These divine messengers are created from light and are not worshipped. Satan is a fallen angel

Angels are defined in the Bible as heavenly servants of God who act as His messengers

Last Days

There will be bodily resurrection and final judgment with final destination. All Muslims go to heaven, though some must be purged of their sins first. All infidels are destined for hell

There will be bodily resurrection in the last days. Final judgment and eternal destination (heaven or hell) will be decided based on acceptance of Jesus as Savior and His removal of the sin which separates each person from God
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531027 wrote: They claim that they didn't target them based on their religious beliefs, but they expect them to violate them, so it's the same thing. Probably Liberal Judges and probably at leat some appointed by Obama. Let's see what happens when it gets to the US Supreme Court. Judges really do Judge based on world view.

You've yet to answer my original question, here.

Why should they be allowed to decide not to place children in a home where there is no evidence of illegal activity?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531037 wrote: You've yet to answer my original question, here.

Why should they be allowed to decide not to place children in a home where there is no evidence of illegal activity?

Because the Christians don't believe that a homosexual situation at home is an ideal environment for children. It's not just about what's legal or illegal, it is about what environment is appropriate for children to grow up in.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531066 wrote: Because the Christians don't believe that a homosexual situation at home is an ideal environment for children. It's not just about what's legal or illegal, it is about what environment is appropriate for children to grow up in.
That is their opinion, sure, but where is you actual religious foundation for such an opinion to be protected by the Constitution?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531069 wrote: That is their opinion, sure, but where is you actual religious foundation for such an opinion to be protected by the Constitution?

The Bible is the foundation of the Christian religious beliefs. Here are just a few verses. Biblically it is very clear that marriage is to be between a man and a woman:

Ge 2:18 ¶ And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Ge 2:21 ¶ And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. {made: Heb. builded}

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. {Woman: Heb. Isha} {Man: Heb. Ish}

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Secondly, God sees homosexuality as immoral and never intended it to be so:

Ro 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

There are lots more verses that I could list to make my point. So, whether you agree with it or not, they base their views on what the Bible says and the Bible clearly says that marriage is between a man and a woman and that homosexuality is immoral behavior. Therefore, they wouldn't place children in a homosexual environment because it would violate their beliefs. They would place them with heterosexual couples because they believe that it is best for the children.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Actually, I don't blame them after what he said about black people.

Church members turn backs on Bloomberg

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/church-memb ... bloomberg/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531075 wrote: Actually, I don't blame them after what he said about black people.

Church members turn backs on Bloomberg

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/church-memb ... bloomberg/

What did he say about black people?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Michael Bloomberg’s Most Racist Quotes: Stop And Frisk, Redlining And Worse In His Own Words

https://newsone.com/3902452/michael-blo ... ugh-years/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, Bloomberg is almost as racist as The Donald.

Damned New Yorkers.

An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531112 wrote: So, Bloomberg is almost as racist as The Donald.

Damned New Yorkers.

An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry

There is nothing racist in what I have seen here. It's all a bunch of false accusations against him. Trump is not a racist. He has done more for minorities than probably any other President.

-Trump never said that Neo Nazis were very fine people.

-Trump never said that Mexicans were all criminals.

-Trump has given massive incentives for businesses to open in black and minority neighborhoods.

-Trump passed Criminal Justice and Criminal reform which helped Black people more than any other race.

-Trump lowered the Black unemployment to the lowest level in history

-Trump lowered the poverty rate to the lowest level in history

-Trump raised wages over $5000 per household in his first 2 !/2 years vs -$300 per household after 8 years of Obama.

BET (Black Entertainment) founder Robert Johnson said Donald Trump has done more for the Black Community than any President in History.

-Trump is pushing for School of Choice to help Black kids get out of failed Schools and into the ones they want.

I could continue but my point is made, Trump is not a racist.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It's true. The Beast has blinded you.

You know, Rev 13 was a warning, not a commandment.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The Holy Spirit IS God:

2Co 3:17 And the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit is one with the Father and the Son:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

A Clear distinction is made between Christ and the Spirit. It says that believers are wash and sanctified by the Spirit:

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The Holy Spirit raised Christ from the dead:

1Pe 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

God raised Christ from the dead:

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

(KJV)

Therefore, the Spirit is God.

He abides in believers by the Holy Spirit, signifying that the Spirit is God:

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

God the Father, Son and Spirit present in the Creation of Man:

Ge 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Let US go down and make man in OUR image. Think about it. Who is God talking to? The Trinity.

God made man in His own image:

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Happy Sunday Everyone! Take this opportunity to finda good Bible believing Church & attend today!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The book of Hebrews was written to the kingdom church, the believing remnant of Israel, undergoing persecution and scattered (Acts 8:1-4).

This book is not written directly to the church today, the body of Christ, although it is most profitable for our understanding. Misunderstanding doctrine in this book can be a snare to the believer and impact assurance of salvation.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

God spoke in time past unto the fathers of Israel, and the us to whom the Son has spoken to, are the children of Israel.

The book of Hebrews is dealing with "these last days". The last days are spoken of as pertaining to the time in which the Davidic kingdom will be established on earth, in which, Christ will reign upon David's throne from Jerusalem along with the believing remnant of Israel (Isaiah 2:2-3 Luke 12:32).

1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Christ, by his own blood, entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for believing Israel (Hebrews 9:12). Christ died for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15).

1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Christ will establish his prophetic kingdom on earth (Psalm 45:6 Isaiah 9:6-7 Daniel 2:44).

Return to “General Chit Chat”