I had a Night Terror last night

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me :wah: but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared :(
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Musiclover89;693547 wrote: Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me :wah: but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared :(
Did he look like Jimbo.:D
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

YZGI;693551 wrote: Did he look like Jimbo.:D

lol he didn't look like anyone i know but i've never been more scared cause the dream felt very very real
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jimbo;693554 wrote: but have you seen wise guy's photo in moonlight he looks human..ish :D

and he could be an extra from mj's thriller video :D
I was an extra. I was the one in the back ground grabbing my crotch.:wah:
minks

Post by minks »

those are no fun ML

I had night terrors as a kid and I still remember the "terror"

what a relief to wake up and find they were only incidents in your head and not real life.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

minks;693567 wrote: those are no fun ML

I had night terrors as a kid and I still remember the "terror"

what a relief to wake up and find they were only incidents in your head and not real life.

I'm still abit envous about them cause i've never experienced one before
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Musiclover89;693547 wrote: Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me :wah: but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared :(

I have these at least once a night, I am always being strangled in the dream, I often wake up unable to even breathe properly.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

jimbo;693615 wrote: so i then take my hands off her throat and the pillow off of her face and to my amazement she stops snoring :sneaky::sneaky::D

Why you little.......................................................:p

Elvira

Post by Elvira »

I used to have these regularly when I lived with my ex boyf, and would end up running full pelt into doors and walls and even down stairs once, because I was in such a state. The doctos said it was a form of sleep epilepsy and wanted to medicate but I refused.

Funnily enough it's only happened three times in the past two years I've lived with current boyf so I maintain it's stress related.

If these become regular, I would suggest some kind of meditation or zen to try to improve your mental posture.

S xx
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

There have been a few times when I dreamed I was up at the ceiling looking down...just floating. Seemed so real at the time.

PS. Jimbo.........................you are rotten.:wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

That does sound scary:eek:

Try drinking a mug of hot milk before bed tonight. it usually helps me sleep.

Thank goodness I haven't had a night terror since I was little. I remember waking up screaming,and not a sound came out of my mouth,I couldn't make a noise.

I think it does have to do with stress. Did I read the other day,that you have started college recently? Baby yourself for a while. Hopefuly things will be less stressful for you soon. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
littlemissgiggle

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I use to have horrible one's when i was maybe 10 or 13 ish

i would wake up in hot sweats,

i think it can be to do with stress my mum and dad were breaking up at the time

and maybe it is your college and you seem you have a lot on your mind with you wanting to go to New York etc...

hope its better tonight :-6
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

jimbo;693615 wrote: so i then take my hands off her throat and the pillow off of her face and to my amazement she stops snoring :sneaky::sneaky::D

:yh_rotfl

Sorry Suzy.that was funny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

magenta flame;693698 wrote: How long have you had this sleep disorder MJ? the majority of night terror victims do not remember their dreams (in fact it's not a dream because it occurs outside the REM sleep stage) What time did you wake up from this night terror, Morning or night? It's very umcommon in people your age. Except for those who have PSTD.

I remember every detail Mags

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

FuzzyNavel;693700 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Sorry Suzy.that was funny.

Do you know one night I was in a horrific state, I was trying to get up but couldn't breathe at all, as in my dream my throat was being crushed by thhe surgeons hands, I kind of came round but was convinced that Jim had actually tried to strangle me, he was awake because all the noise I was making, so I said he wasn't to go near me and went into my Son's bedroom.:lips:

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

SuzyB;693712 wrote: Do you know one night I was in a horrific state, I was trying to get up but couldn't breathe at all, as in my dream my throat was being crushed by thhe surgeons hands, I kind of came round but was convinced that Jim had actually tried to strangle me, he was awake because all the noise I was making, so I said he wasn't to go near me and went into my Son's bedroom.:lips:

Oh my, I guess it would make a person think thier partner did it. I bet he was kind of freaked out about it too.

My hubby punched me in the arm (not real hard) one night a few years ago. I swear I thought he ment to do it. Although he has never raised a hand to me before. His eyes were open,and he was sitting up. After that he laid back down as if nothing happened. I was MAD. I woke him up ,not too nicely I might add. He said he was dreaming a troll or a small hooded creature was chasing him. :thinking:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

FuzzyNavel;693736 wrote: Oh my, I guess it would make a person think thier partner did it. I bet he was kind of freaked out about it too.

My hubby punched me in the arm (not real hard) one night a few years ago. I swear I thought he ment to do it. Although he has never raised a hand to me before. His eyes were open,and he was sitting up. After that he laid back down as if nothing happened. I was MAD. I woke him up ,not too nicely I might add. He said he was dreaming a troll or a small hooded creature was chasing him. :thinking:
We all use that one.:cool::D
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

FuzzyNavel;693736 wrote: Oh my, I guess it would make a person think thier partner did it. I bet he was kind of freaked out about it too.

Sorry but that made me crack up :wah:

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

magenta flame;693743 wrote: No doubt suzy but people confuse nightmares with night terrors all the time.

The fact that you remember it usually means it was a night mare not a night terror.

It does not take away the fact that you had terror during the dream though or that it felt real.

The difference between a night terror and nightmare is the time it occurs during the sleep pattern not how scary or how much thrashing around a person experiences.

Hhmm just thought everyone would want to know the difference.

The only way to find out is to go to a sleep therapist or clinic where they can measure at what stage of sleep your "dream" is occuring. It's actually a sleep disorder.

I have PTSD and my dreams are the same the whole time, drives me insane, I can go back off to sleep and go straight back to the same bloody dream, so is that a nightmare or night terror?

But to add they are just not dreams I can actully feel the hands on my throat applying pressure, but I also get that a lot through the day when I feel under pressure or think of certain things.

I know, I'm just a weirdo :)

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

YZGI;693739 wrote: We all use that one.:cool::D

:wah:

I told him I might use that excuse myself some night when I'm P.O'ed at him.:yh_bigsmi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

jimbo;693756 wrote: :wah::wah:

i red your post wrong i thought it said ,when i've pee'd over him :yh_bigsmi

I may just do that too!

There are sites on the net where guys like that. After 20 years together I wonder if he is up for something new.:sneaky:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

magenta flame;693761 wrote: Sorry suze but without measuring it no one can say. What we see on the outside doesn't always measure up with what is going on in the brain.

many people can wake up and go back to the same dream (it's a pain in the arse) SOme people can even decide what dream they are having that night.

You may think you're having the same dream immediately after falling asleep but it's impossible to measure that. It's like a nights sleep where you wake up feeling you only just went to sleep a few minutes ago. which of course is impossible because you went to sleep at 10 and woke up in daylight ...........if you get my drift

Are you able to go back to sleep with the intention of controlling the dream?

A good way of handling bad experiences in sleep is to intentionally decide to take weapons with you, or decide on the outcome itself before you go back to sleep. (don't laugh it's a common therapy, usually given to children because children are more open to it) But adults can use it as well.

I'd get it checked out if you think it's a night terror. There are medications for it because it is actually a sleep disorder. It's increased brain activity during the wrong stage of sleep.

I'm really sorry you're having them though.

I had night horrors/terrors when I was younger. Mum and dad used to watch helpessly beside my bed or find me in cupboards or under the bed ........I never remembered the dreams, though I would wake up feeling Id' run a marathon. I had the extreme end of the gammet though.

sorry if I'm not explaing this very well but I've only just woken up myself :wah:

Because what I dream is what happened to me in real life, my memory is not working correctly due to the PTSD, so I am unable to change or put the thoughts to the back of my mind like others can.

They tried Cognitive Behaviour Therapy on me but it was unsuccessful, down to me having a panic attack every time we tried to start the blimming thing, the guy said that I am unable to be hypnotised as my brain is on full alert the whole time and I would not relax enough to be put in a trance.

I am off to see another guy tomorrow and i'll see what he says, but i'm not holding out too much hope really, stupid Dr left me not only infertile but turned me into a looney too :rolleyes:

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Oops sorry Darren, just realised that I have kind of taken over your thread:lips:, but good news is I've stayed on the subject :wah:

henrychalder

Post by henrychalder »

Sweet dreams
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

MusicL

Are you under stress - more so now for some reason?

Did the date of 9-11 cause more stress than normal for you?

Or are you worried about one particular thing right now?

Nightmares are usually caused by stress or illness, I say illness for excessive pain your body is experiencing (Suzy).

I hate night mares

Patsy
watermark

Post by watermark »

Hello,

I'm sorry you had this. Some people seem to have sleep that is disturbed by anxiety. Maybe that is what happened to your sleep last night. I remember a very good friend of mine, when I was in highschool, had some problems dealing with her father who would oftentimes wake up in the middle of the night thinking someone was chasing him with a knife. He wouldn't remember anything the next day. He worked the same job for 30 years and raised a family of seven children and lived a status quo life. Don't know why he had these bad dreams. Could have been stress related. Probably was. Hopefully you can conquer this and it wont be a repeated event. Noone wants to have their sleep disrupted like that. Meditation might be helpful, warm milk before bed too, telling yourself that you will deal with pending issues when you wake, rather than during the night when you are sleeping might be beneficial. Have a good sleep tonight :)

Erin
watermark

Post by watermark »

SuzyB;693766 wrote: Oops sorry Darren, just realised that I have kind of taken over your thread:lips:, but good news is I've stayed on the subject :wah:

That was a great comment! :D
PerfectAngel

Post by PerfectAngel »

I'm sorry that happened to you! From time to time I would have those dreams too. Mostly when I was with my ex-husband! I would wake up punching the crap out of him. I think that my life was way too stressful at the time, hense~my brain would not fully rest because I could not let it go. He had cheated on me, and if anyone has ever experienced that then you know that your mind simply will NOT rest! I even had a dream one night that he got her pregnate! I woke up screaming and crying "You BASTARD~You got the biaaaach pregnate...I HATE YOU!!!". He was like "What the hell?, I did NOT!". But the moral of the story is that it felt so damd real. The next day I remember feeling weak and shakey! Try to relax. Is there something bothering you? :confused:
henrychalder

Post by henrychalder »

henrychalder;693777 wrote:

Sweet dreams

I got banned from a Pagan forum site after someone accused me of haunting them and that I'd approached them in the form of a dark mist in the corner of their bedroom. Another reason was that I called a claimed Native American woman 'Pocahontas' years before Trump called Elizabeth Warren the same
spot

Post by spot »

henrychalder;1528230 wrote: I got banned from a Pagan forum site after someone accused me of haunting them and that I'd approached them in the form of a dark mist in the corner of their bedroom.

If I start seeing dark mists in the corner of my bedroom I now know exactly which thread to complain in.

Welcome back.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”