today it is the first day of Ramadan

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
sara

Post by sara »

we are going to talk about a blessed month which is Ramadan, the month of fasting

The holy Qur’an has been sent to earth in the night of fate “Al-Qader” during this month

Muslims meet this month with joy and charities increases everywhere

People become more passionate with the poor and support them

Muslims become competitive with each other to do good things because the reward from God is doubled during Ramadan

They increase their efforts in prayers and reading the Qur’an especially in the “Al-Qader” night to get the reward equivalent to 82 years

And during Eid, people become so happy for spending such blessed days in such a blessed month.

anybody has question about ramadan ask me :)

flash
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to bring more!! Would love to learn more...
Nature laughs Last
sara

Post by sara »

u Welcome ..

--------------------

in the holly qur'an :

in the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , the Most Merciful

185.The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an , a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong ). So whoever of you sights ( the crescent on the first night of ) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home ), he must observe Saum ( fast ) , that month , and whoever is ill or on a journey , the some number [ of days which one did not observe saum ( fast ) must be made up ] from other days . Allah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. ( He wants that you ) must complete the some number ( of days ), and that you must magnify Allah [i.e. to say takbir ( Allahu Akbar: Allah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him .

Surat Al-Baqarah

------

1. Verily , We have sent it ( this Qur'an ) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree).

2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr ( Decree ) is ?

3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better then a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better then worshipping Him a thousand months , i.e. 83 years and 4 months ).

4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibril ( Gabriel )] by Allah's Permission with all Decrees ,

5. ( all that night ) there is Peace ( and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn .

Surat Al-Qadr ( The night of Decree )

------

Sara :yh_blush
sara

Post by sara »

flopstock wrote: why are rewards doubled? :)

Because The Muslims let the Food & drink for the sake of Allah .

Anybody has another question :)

:p Sara :p
minks

Post by minks »

sara wrote: Because The Muslims let the Food & drink for the sake of Allah .

Anybody has another question :)

:p Sara :p

Thanks Sara for the enlightment. We could all use more understanding of other cultures and beliefs.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sara

Post by sara »

Minks ..

u welcom :rolleyes:

---------------------------

The Meaning of Ramadan :

Ramadan is a special month of the year for over one billion Muslims throughout the world. It is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God, and self-control. Muslims think of it as a kind of tune-up for their spiritual lives. There are as many meanings of Ramadan as there are Muslims.

The third "pillar" or religious obligation of Islam, fasting has many special benefits. Among these, the most important is that it is a means of learning self-control. Due to the lack of preoccupation with the satisfaction of bodily appetites during the daylight hours of fasting, a measure of ascendancy is given to one's spiritual nature, which becomes a means of coming closer to God. Ramadan is also a time of intensive worship, reading of the Qur'an, giving charity, purifying one's behavior, and doing good deeds.

As a secondary goal, fasting is a way of experiencing hunger and developing sympathy for the less fortunate, and learning to thankfulness and appreciation for all of God's bounties. Fasting is also beneficial to the health and provides a break in the cycle of rigid habits or overindulgence.
minks

Post by minks »

Sara your pics are beautiful, and your writing about Ramadan really sounds incredibly peaceful. Gosh so very nice thank you I need this kind of lift today
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sara

Post by sara »

minks, Thank u :o

sara wrote:

1. Verily , We have sent it ( this Qur'an ) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree).

2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr ( Decree ) is ?

3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better then a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better then worshipping Him a thousand months , i.e. 83 years and 4 months ).

4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibril ( Gabriel )] by Allah's Permission with all Decrees ,

5. ( all that night ) there is Peace ( and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn .

Surat Al-Qadr ( The night of Decree )

Listen (Surat-Al-qadr)

Sara :)

Return to “Islam”