Discuss the Muslim Faith.
CinnamonBear

Psalm 109:8

Post by CinnamonBear »

A prayer for Obama.
spot

Post by spot »

A somewhat ghastly proposal when aimed at a specific person, that. And rather shameful.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister? - CSMonitor.com

I sure agree with you, Spot.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Mustang;1336408 wrote: There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister? - CSMonitor.com

I sure agree with you, Spot.

Funny or sinister? No, those aren't the only two choices. Heartfelt is another one. Entire congregations and millions are praying Psalm 109:8, in abundance. We pray sincerely for God's mercy on America. Amen.
spot

Post by spot »

CinnamonBear;1336409 wrote: Funny or sinister? No, those aren't the only two choices. Heartfelt is another one. Entire congregations and millions are praying Psalm 109:8, in abundance. We pray sincerely for God's mercy on America. Amen.

Bullshit. You need to consider how the psalm continues...May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes. May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor. May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children. May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation. May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out. May their sins always remain before the LORD, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

For he never thought of doing a kindness, but hounded to death the poor and the needy and the brokenhearted. He loved to pronounce a curse - may it come on him; he found no pleasure in blessing - may it be far from him. He wore cursing as his garment; it entered into his body like water, into his bones like oil. May it be like a cloak wrapped about him, like a belt tied forever around him.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

This is only to be expected really, when you consider how many presidents have been murdered in America over time. There isn't a man or woman born, who can please all the people all of the time. It seems to me that anybody going for the position of President in the U.S.A. is on a suicide mission. Perhaps somebody can inform me of how many Presidents have met with a violent end at the hand of American citizens?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Hi spot. I know very well how that Psalm continues. That's why the colon and verse 8 appear, very specific.

Again, we pray for God's grace on America. We believe it's on the way and we're already grateful. But that's another subject. Good day!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

G#Gill;1336414 wrote: This is only to be expected really, when you consider how many presidents have been murdered in America over time. There isn't a man or woman born, who can please all the people all of the time. It seems to me that anybody going for the position of President in the U.S.A. is on a suicide mission. Perhaps somebody can inform me of how many Presidents have met with a violent end at the hand of American citizens?

1.Abraham Lincoln

2.James Garfield

3.William McKinley

4.John F. Kennedy
spot

Post by spot »

CinnamonBear;1336415 wrote: Hi spot. I know very well how that Psalm continues. That's why the colon and verse 8 appear, very specific.

Again, we pray for God's grace on America. We believe it's on the way and we're already grateful. But that's another subject. Good day!
Taking verses out of context is the wicked refuge of those who abuse biblical texts. I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself. Personally.

Perhaps President Obama might find solace in an earlier verse: the speaker of the psalm begins by saying "wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues". I'm sure he shares none of the sentiments subsequently expressed but at least he owns them which more than can be said for the bumper-sticker users.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

G#Gill;1336414 wrote: This is only to be expected really, when you consider how many presidents have been murdered in America over time. There isn't a man or woman born, who can please all the people all of the time. It seems to me that anybody going for the position of President in the U.S.A. is on a suicide mission. Perhaps somebody can inform me of how many Presidents have met with a violent end at the hand of American citizens?

Off hand, I only know about JFK, may he rest in peace.

Google is your friend. ;)
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

spot;1336418 wrote: Taking verses out of context is the wicked refuge of those who abuse biblical texts. I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself. Personally.

Perhaps President Obama might find solace in an earlier verse: the speaker of the psalm begins by saying "wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues". I'm sure he shares none of the sentiments subsequently expressed but at least he owns them which more than can be said for the bumper-sticker users.

A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted. I have no shame for wishing mercy on America. Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.
Bez

Post by Bez »

My personal view....it's WRONG and spiteful. Are things so bad in the US ? He was democratically elected to serve his term. When that's over I'm sure 'the people' will 'speak' and he will be in / out ...whatever the voters wish.

What a lazy way to get a point over....to steal it (out of context) from the Bible

The entire Psalm is a heartrending peice of prose if anyone cares to read it.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
spot

Post by spot »

CinnamonBear;1336420 wrote: A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted.The verse is an integral part of a very well-known biblical curse. It's hideously unChristian to apply it to another person in the way you did.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

CinnamonBear;1336419 wrote: Off hand, I only know about JFK, may he rest in peace.

Google is your friend. ;)

Yes I, as a UK citizen, know about John F. Kennedy - the American President that prevented a war with Russia - that obviously counted for nothing to the perpetrators of his murder.

You surprise me CB, that you have obviously not studied your own country's history. Shame on you !
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

CinnamonBear;1336420 wrote: A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted. I have no shame for wishing mercy on America. Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.

I hope you're a registered voter in the USA and get out to cast your vote in the next election CB. That's the only way another will take Obama's office, by being elected by the people that you feel mercy for.
spot

Post by spot »

CinnamonBear;1336420 wrote: Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.Before you decide to close the thread out of embarrassment, I'd note that I'm rather startled you chose to put the thread into the Islam forum area, could you explain why you did that? I may turn out to have more than one issue, depending on the reply.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Mustang;1336416 wrote: 1.Abraham Lincoln

2.James Garfield

3.William McKinley

4.John F. Kennedy

Well thank you Mussy ! At least you know your American history ! :)
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

spot;1336422 wrote: The verse is an integral part of a very well-known biblical curse. It's hideously unChristian to apply it to another person in the way you did.

And that, sir, is your opinion. My first notice of the specific verse was from looking it up myself and appreciating it. Very much.

We pray for mercy on America. Not Jihad. However, it's all in God's hands, Godspeed, if you will. We will all stand alone and answer in the end. My prayers will go for my God, my family, my country. Amen.

truly, there's nothing else ...
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Mustang;1336425 wrote: I hope you're a registered voter in the USA and get out to cast your vote in the next election CB. That's the only way another will take Obama's office, by being elected by the people that you feel mercy for.

Are you kidding? Not only am I a registered voter, I volunteer at the polls and have done so for a few years. Gotta keep 'em all in line. ;)
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1336426 wrote: Before you decide to close the thread out of embarrassment, I'd note that I'm rather startled you chose to put the thread into the Islam forum area, could you explain why you did that? I may turn out to have more than one issue, depending on the reply.

I think a few of us would like to know why CB chose the Islam section rather than the 'General religious' section. Well noticed spot.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

CinnamonBear;1336432 wrote: Are you kidding? Not only am I a registered voter, I volunteer at the polls and have done so for a few years. Gotta keep 'em all in line. ;)

Did it appear that I was kidding?

Don't quit your day job CB. :wah:
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Mustang;1336416 wrote: 1.Abraham Lincoln

2.James Garfield

3.William McKinley

4.John F. Kennedy

Awesome, Mustang. Thanks. None were in my lifetime, but JFK is close to heart. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Sadly, not the Democratic view these days, he was an icon.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Mustang;1336437 wrote: Did it appear that I was kidding?

Don't quit your day job CB. :wah:

ooops, if you knew ... :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1336424 wrote: Yes I, as a UK citizen, know about John F. Kennedy - the American President that prevented a war with Russia - that obviously counted for nothing to the perpetrators of his murder.

You surprise me CB, that you have obviously not studied your own country's history. Shame on you !

Thankfully there were 6 presidents who survived assassination, Gill.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Kathy Ellen;1336442 wrote: Thankfully there were 6 presidents who survived assassination, Gill.

Oh yes, you reminded me. Thank you.

Ronald Reagan. A beautiful man and awesome President.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CinnamonBear,

The people have spoken, and it seems that many disagree with you!!

I wish only the best for my country and President Obama.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Still knocking on Obama. Still praying he goes away or gets offed by someone. :yh_rotfl

Obama isn't the freaking problem in America. Our system is the problem, the legalized bribery and corruption that allows our jobs to go overseas, the stupidity of 2 wars and the maintaining of an empire that benefits only the few.

Go ahead, blame the little wooden puppet for the ills of America just don't forget who's pulling the strings.

The main reason for the decline of America is the stupidity of Americans in general so just keep right on praying.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Kathy Ellen;1336445 wrote: CinnamonBear,

The people have spoken, and it seems that many disagree with you!!

I wish only the best for my country and President Obama.

Indeed the people have spoken and the polls reflect it. However, IF I were to stand solo in my belief, I would do that in a heartbeat. It just happens it's not the case and I'm grateful for that. Have a peaceful Sunday. :)
Bez

Post by Bez »

There have also been a number of Plots, planned and attempted assassinations:-

Nixon, Ford, Reagan, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Scrat;1336446 wrote: Still knocking on Obama. Still praying he goes away or gets offed by someone. :yh_rotfl

Obama isn't the freaking problem in America. Our system is the problem, the legalized bribery and corruption that allows our jobs to go overseas, the stupidity of 2 wars and the maintaining of an empire that benefits only the few.

Go ahead, blame the little wooden puppet for the ills of America just don't forget who's pulling the strings.

The main reason for the decline of America is the stupidity of Americans in general so just keep right on praying.

Scrat, I agree with your last sentence. Even those who voted him in are cringing right about now. There IS "hope" after all.

At the end of the day, God is still in charge.

With that, we're off to breakfast ... have a nice day. :)
spot

Post by spot »

CinnamonBear;1336450 wrote: With that, we're off to breakfast ... have a nice day. :)Don't forget the Islam question when you come back, will you.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bez;1336449 wrote: There have also been a number of Plots, planned and attempted assassinations:-

Nixon, Ford, Reagan, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama

I can remember seeing alarming pictures of the attempt on Reagan, if I remember rightly, one of his bodyguards took a bullet ?

What is it with Americans - Oh I don't like what he is saying - shoot him !!! ????
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

At the end of the day, God is still in charge.

God doesn't care, he/it simply gave us the means. It's up to us to put what we were given to proper use.

Who would you replace Obama with if I may ask.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, it's not new, CinnamonBear.

This thing has been around for over a year, and a lot of reactionaries have been using it, thinking themselves rather clever.

It's like the smart-ass at school, who used to grin and claim innocence after making a bad joke.

Sorry. it's not funny.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Scrat;1336463 wrote: God doesn't care, he/it simply gave us the means. It's up to us to put what we were given to proper use.

Who would you replace Obama with if I may ask.

God doesn't care, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster cares the problem is he is drunk sometimes and doesnt know how to show he cares so he gets mad and screws things up, thus bad things happen to good people.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

LarsMac;1336524 wrote: Well, it's not new, CinnamonBear.

This thing has been around for over a year, and a lot of reactionaries have been using it, thinking themselves rather clever.

It's like the smart-ass at school, who used to grin and claim innocence after making a bad joke.

Sorry. it's not funny.

I agree, the sentiment is not new - it's been prayed for longer than I was aware of. Secondly, no it's not funny; it wasn't intended as humor. With the rising number of Americans believing he's Muslim and doesn't have America's best interests at heart, his days are numbered ... as the Psalm goes. May one term of damage be the end of his reign.

He doesn't own the words "hope" and "change." November elections are just around the corner and there's hope for change, for a shift. We wait and watch. And hope.

Believe it or not, I still have faith in America and in goodness overcoming evil in the long run. And so it goes. :)
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

CinnamonBear;1336539 wrote: I agree, the sentiment is not new - it's been prayed for longer than I was aware of. Secondly, no it's not funny; it wasn't intended as humor. With the rising number of Americans believing he's Muslim and doesn't have America's best interests at heart, his days are numbered ... as the Psalm goes. May one term of damage be the end of his reign.

He doesn't own the words "hope" and "change." November elections are just around the corner and there's hope for change, for a shift. We wait and watch. And hope.

Believe it or not, I still have faith in America and in goodness overcoming evil in the long run. And so it goes. :)

Wait I am confused here. You state all these ideas and what people think, and what some Americans believe, then end with this quote "I still have faith in America and in goodness overcoming evil in the long run. and so it goes." which is the only quote from that entire spiel that relates anything that is your opinion, yet it doesn't actually say anything on your opinion on Obama. Do you believe he is a Muslim and why? Is Obama this evil that goodness has to overcome and why? I hope for a few things too and that is for more people to use logic and reason and for people to stop using convoluted statements to try to explain what they really mean because it makes no logical sense, so that they can have the defense of "I didn't mean it that way " later. I in no way agree 100% with Obama nor to I entirely disagree and neither did i 100% agree or disagree with W Bush, but to use remarks such as the Psalm and and Obama is a Muslim to back what I can only take as a anti-Obama bash with little if any real discussion or debate on what actually can be done for the country shows the real sense of people (Mainly those in office Democrat and Republican) have today, and is why this country is where it is. For your sake and ours I do hope that the process of good defeating evil means that those who use sense Logic and detail to discuss and debate issues defeat those who spout, rave, spam, troll, and rave nonsense.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

Hold on there while I decipher that ... I'm not sure what words I used that are causing confusion.

Granted, you don't know me and I'll give you that. I never say what I don't mean. Unlike other posters from board to board, I'm not here (or at any board) to please anyone, as blunt as that may sound. I really can't apologize for that because I'm firm in my beliefs, speak my opinion respectfully and let it go at that. Over the internet, some questions posed are so ridiculous they don't merit a response. Everything I've written is my view, my perspective and my belief. That I share it with others only goes to the plus side of hope. Corroboration.

When we cast our votes in November, the time for discussion, spouting, raving, and all the other buzz words you chose to use are over. One person, one vote. We shall see. I have a feeling prayers will be answered this time around. I'm enjoying the poll numbers thus far.

ahhh, forever optimist ... some call it faith. I do too. :)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CinnamonBear;1336415 wrote: Hi spot. I know very well how that Psalm continues. That's why the colon and verse 8 appear, very specific.

Again, we pray for God's grace on America. We believe it's on the way and we're already grateful. But that's another subject. Good day!It's radical christian terrorism is what it is

Obama is cleaning up the mess, or at the very least attempting to clean up the mess the past destruction of bush and how his administration among other corporate sleazeball murderers have brought this country to the brink of hell and Obama is serving as the scapegoat to all who is not only uneducated but brainwashed and ignorant

Perhaps one day the people who think they're voting for the greater good will wake up from their trance but alas they're far too "proud" to admit they've the brain power of an alligator on methamphetamines

Not only that but I'd expect less from that alligator
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CinnamonBear;1336444 wrote: Oh yes, you reminded me. Thank you.

Ronald Reagan. A beautiful man and awesome President.
In 20 years reagan will forever be remembered as sewing the seeds to America's destruction, you wait and see
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CinnamonBear;1336438 wrote: Awesome, Mustang. Thanks. None were in my lifetime, but JFK is close to heart. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Sadly, not the Democratic view these days, he was an icon.That's because the context of "you" in which republipukes use it is by separating the state from the people. The very saying is indicative of the people having no control by being pushed out ultimately ending in corporations dictating the economic future, the very one we're observing to crumble all at the hands of the republicans

You know, the far right christian terrorist nutter with an education level rivaled by the Worlds average 6 year old
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1336462 wrote: I can remember seeing alarming pictures of the attempt on Reagan, if I remember rightly, one of his bodyguards took a bullet ?

!!!

What is it with Americans - Oh I don't like what he is saying - shoot him !!! ????

Yes, we Americans sit up alllllll night trying to figure out who to shoot next!!!:wah:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1336426 wrote: Before you decide to close the thread out of embarrassment, I'd note that I'm rather startled you chose to put the thread into the Islam forum area, could you explain why you did that? I may turn out to have more than one issue, depending on the reply.

G#Gill;1336433 wrote: I think a few of us would like to know why CB chose the Islam section rather than the 'General religious' section. Well noticed spot.

spot;1336452 wrote: Don't forget the Islam question when you come back, will you.

You did forget, CinnamonBear, to answer spot's question. Perhaps you could give it some thought, and answer the question? I don't think you will be allowed to wriggle out of an answer, so you may as well deal with it. I am intrigued to know what your reply will be.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

G#Gill;1336566 wrote: You did forget, CinnamonBear, to answer spot's question. Perhaps you could give it some thought, and answer the question? I don't think you will be allowed to wriggle out of an answer, so you may as well deal with it. I am intrigued to know what your reply will be.

She still hasn't answered some of my questions If she chooses not to answer, and by passes the questions thrown at her because her anwsers don't hold any logical merit is yet to be determined, but the style and tone at which she prefers to dodge answering directly leads one to suspect that his Ideals, are a tint to extremely biased, and poisoned with ignorance, hate, and disagreement that has become the staple of the politcal world on both sides. Instead I reccomend of peace, logic and understanding but that again would require change and hope that Obama orignally was after, unfortunatley when she got to the whitehouse it was filled with people who had narrow minded views be they far left, far right and defended their views and traditional political nonesense in the same way CB is doing in this thread
spot

Post by spot »

She, CJ. He's a she.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

spot;1336609 wrote: She, CJ. He's a she.

thanks I edited it, but either way man or woman the quote stands to define the ignorance and bigotry shown in the context of most of what I have interpreted from Cinnamon Bear's statements
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I think CinnamonBear must have taken a 'mardy pill' .
spot

Post by spot »

It's interesting to compare the perceived threat of religious allegiance in the Oval Office with what was written during the election of 1959 when a Roman Catholic stood for office. Life Magazine ran a three-page article written by a protestant minister, for example. It's readable (use the Zoom In control!) at LIFE - Google Books

It was, I remember, a significant argument discussed at length before the election and it was one of the main reasons I hoped at the time for a Nixon victory - and yes, I was a certifiably bigoted critic of the Roman Catholic church at the time, for which I plead youth and an ignorance of history. I still, though for different reasons, think Nixon in office in 1960 would have been a preferable outcome. His name's been dragged through the mud but even now I think he was the finest US president of my lifetime. His period in office wouldn't have been curtailed but for a wildly ironic misunderstanding on the part of the American public, who coarsely assumed all those "expletive deleted" references in the White House Tapes were the sort of four-letter swearing so prevalent in the nation even then. It was decades later that it became known it was all on a level of "God-damned" and that Nixon had insisted on their being censored from a sense of shame, feeling his mother might suffer embarrassment at his use of such profanity. The world's a strange place.

Was it reasonable to argue against Kennedy's candidacy on the grounds that his domestic loyalty to the USA might be overridden by an arguable claim of Roman Catholic dogma to his ultimate allegiance? I don't think many people today would answer yes to that. And yet exactly the same criticism is being applied in the US today regarding President Obama and Islam.

Here's the core of the article's conclusion:So the question of religion does matter. Hence a religious position may properly be weighed in assessing any candidate of any religion. And when a diversity of views on an important subject exists within a given church, the voter had better know which view the candidate holds. As for Roman Catholic candidates, these are the questions; on religious freedom, is Father Murray right? Or is Pope Pius XII right? And on the connection between religious conviction and political decision-making. is Senator Kennedy right that there is no connection? Or is Senator McCarthy right that a connection exists?

This is a field in which the voters‘ thinking should be particularly precise. Certainly we should be loyal to the spirit expressed in the constitutional inhibition against a religious test for public office; let us hope that this time few will vote against a candidate simply because he is of a particular religious faith. On the other hand. to the extent that what a man believes bears on his opinion and his likely policies. it is quite proper for the voter to take these factors into account when he is evaluating a candidate.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

CinnamonBear;1336406 wrote: A prayer for Obama.This tone will be the doom of Christianity, IMO. Christians should heed the warnings of their own doctrine.

matthew23 wrote: 13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c] 15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

16"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. ...

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

littleCJelkton;1336760 wrote: thanks I edited itRather too vigorously perhaps. You've transgendered your President.

Return to “Islam”