US will cease to exist

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
Clint

US will cease to exist

Post by Clint »

Jerusalem Post

A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.......

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellitep ... 1980180248
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Raven

US will cease to exist

Post by Raven »

Looks like the link disappeared first! :yh_doh
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
kensloft

US will cease to exist

Post by kensloft »

Raven wrote: Looks like the link disappeared first! :yh_doh
What about Canada?

I heard that if the nuclear bomb lands on the CanAm border only America will die because Canada doesn't have nuclear weapons? Does the Koran tell us about this?
Raven

US will cease to exist

Post by Raven »

you're guilty by association! :yh_peace
Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

The link is not found. I wonder why Koran should say this.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Clint

US will cease to exist

Post by Clint »

Raven wrote: Looks like the link disappeared first! :yh_doh

Let's try it again.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 1980180248
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Raven

US will cease to exist

Post by Raven »

thank you clint.
BabyRider

US will cease to exist

Post by BabyRider »

Reminds me of the Nostradamus prediction that was "found" right after the World Trade Center came down. :yh_doh :yh_youkid
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

i can't bring up the article even at the revised URL. something tells me that word of this article kinda spread fast on the 'net, and the server's been overwhelmed.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

anastrophe wrote: i can't bring up the article even at the revised URL. something tells me that word of this article kinda spread fast on the 'net, and the server's been overwhelmed.
ah, but the google cache saves the day:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:nGvy ... 0target=nw
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

anastrophe wrote: ah, but the google cache saves the day:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:nGvy ... 0target=nw
pretty funny article. typical religious zealot 'the end is near' junk.

it'd be a neat trick to have a tsunami hit just the US coastline and nobody else - on both sides of the continent! plus, it'd have to be a mother of a tsunami to create waves more than a mile high. wait, i saw 'sudden impact', it CAN happen!

i also like how he sorta waffles on the affect it'd have on the rest of the world if the US disappeared. he'd prefer if we were just crippled, rather than killed off. no more cool pirated movies to buy from the local VHS vendor...like, say, sudden impact, which is where he probably got the idea.
koan

US will cease to exist

Post by koan »

Thanks for the link anastrophe. BTW your picture frightens me. It reminds me of the scene in Willie Wonka when the girl chews the blueberry gum. I had nightmares for a week!

A couple of good chuckles in the article. It seemed the only evidence that the US would be hit was the author's assumption that the US was evil and had offended God, oops, Allah.
David813

US will cease to exist

Post by David813 »

He looks like John Goodman after a hefty dose of radiation.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

Scrat wrote: The article won't come up. Could somebody copy and paste it?
if you click on the link in my post it should come up. if not, just go to google and type in 'jerusalem post'. when the entry for the article comes up, click on the word 'cached', rather than going directly to the article.
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: He looks like John Goodman after a hefty dose of radiation.
a _young_ john goodman however - i'd need to gain another 300 lbs to have his current neckline.

of course, i'm well on my way. just a few more slices of pizza and i'm there.
Clint

US will cease to exist

Post by Clint »

anastrophe wrote: pretty funny article. typical religious zealot 'the end is near' junk.

it'd be a neat trick to have a tsunami hit just the US coastline and nobody else - on both sides of the continent! plus, it'd have to be a mother of a tsunami to create waves more than a mile high. wait, i saw 'sudden impact', it CAN happen!

i also like how he sorta waffles on the affect it'd have on the rest of the world if the US disappeared. he'd prefer if we were just crippled, rather than killed off. no more cool pirated movies to buy from the local VHS vendor...like, say, sudden impact, which is where he probably got the idea.
The same thought about the selective tsunami went through my mind. Maybe he plans to write a series of books about the end times. It's made an American or two rich.
David813

US will cease to exist

Post by David813 »

anastrophe wrote: a _young_ john goodman however - i'd need to gain another 300 lbs to have his current neckline.

of course, i'm well on my way. just a few more slices of pizza and i'm there.
You look very dapper, yet stern, in your old photo. If I awoke and saw you leering over me like that looking positively diabolical I'd have a Mary Tyler Moore Moment.....
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: You look very dapper, yet stern, in your old photo. If I awoke and saw you leering over me like that looking positively diabolical I'd have a Mary Tyler Moore Moment.....

"ooooOOOH, Mr. Grrraaant!!"
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

i will be changing my photo back shortly. the diabolipaul was a feeble attempt at april fool's day hilarity.
lady cop

US will cease to exist

Post by lady cop »

you mean it's not the real YOU? ...and i am going to go buy a big surfboard. :wah:
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

lady cop wrote: you mean it's not the real YOU? ...and i am going to go buy a big surfboard. :wah:
oh, it's the real me, baby.

you can't make it out because it's tiny type, but on my forehead it says

Helper Smelter
David813

US will cease to exist

Post by David813 »

anastrophe wrote: "ooooOOOH, Mr. Grrraaant!!"
:wah: :wah: :) :o

koan

US will cease to exist

Post by koan »

anastrophe wrote: oh, it's the real me, baby.

you can't make it out because it's tiny type, but on my forehead it says

Helper Smelter

Yeah!!! You're back!

You got me on the April Fools thing. I thought you were serious and was trying to figure out how to talk you out of the new blue you.

so the tiny word on your forehead was "yes"? (just a cheesy reference to Yoko Ono again)
Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

I have read both articles. There is no direct reference to US or any other country in the Koran. The author has said that he has reached this conclusion (US will cease to exist) that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

He has pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II. "International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing , Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, he has noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

Suresh Gupta wrote: I have read both articles. There is no direct reference to US or any other country in the Koran. The author has said that he has reached this conclusion (US will cease to exist) that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

He has pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II. "International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing , Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, he has noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.
well, i guess my question is, so what?

so, most of the folks in and around the tsunami last december were muslims. i'm curious what God was punishing *them* for? surely, if seen within the glorious qu'raan is proof that the U.S. will be destroyed by a tsunami, by God's hand for our evil, then there can be no question that the people killed in the recent tsunami were being punished by God as well, allah akbar.
Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

anastrophe wrote: well, i guess my question is, so what?

so, most of the folks in and around the tsunami last december were muslims. i'm curious what God was punishing *them* for? surely, if seen within the glorious qu'raan is proof that the U.S. will be destroyed by a tsunami, by God's hand for our evil, then there can be no question that the people killed in the recent tsunami were being punished by God as well, allah akbar.

Yes, my question is also, 'so what', and answer will be more or less same to yours. I see untimely death of any person as a punishment by God for his sins in this or previous births. US is a big country and no tsunami, however large it is, can destroy it completely. So I feel that it is foolish to say that US will cease to exist.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

gmc

US will cease to exist

Post by gmc »

posted by babyrider

Reminds me of the Nostradamus prediction that was "found" right after the World Trade Center came down.

Actually i have a translation from the early eighties predating the twin towers being built that positulates some disaster in new york it's only with hindsight you can apply it to the twin towers. Like all these predictions it only seems obviously applicable after the event. How come nobody noticed the tsunami on christmas eve.

What is surprising is the number od people that take these kind of things seriously.

posted by anastrophe

Accoding to the worthies of the free church of Scotland it was because the ungodly don't respect the sabbath.
anastrophe

US will cease to exist

Post by anastrophe »

Suresh Gupta wrote: I see untimely death of any person as a punishment by God for his sins in this or previous births.
i don't believe in a hateful, wrathful god, personally. i'd be curious what was the collective sin of the 200,000 people who died in the tsunami.

all deaths are untimely. we always want death to come tomorrow, not today.
koan

US will cease to exist

Post by koan »

Godiva Girl wrote: No one can predict when the end will come, only God himself knows when it will be the end. As far as death, I believe god takes a person when he decides it is their time to go from this earth. It does not matter if they are a good person or bad, if it is an untimely tragedy like an earthquake or a long battle with cancer. God takes you when he decides it is your time. I don't understand why god sometimes takes people in such tragic ways, maybe it's to make us stop and think about how precious life is. Thats the only reason I can think of, only God can answer that.

A nice sentiment...but it sure takes away the fun from all the doomsayers.
Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

anastrophe wrote: i don't believe in a hateful, wrathful god, personally. i'd be curious what was the collective sin of the 200,000 people who died in the tsunami.

all deaths are untimely. we always want death to come tomorrow, not today.

God is not hateful and wrathful. I believe in the theory of Karma - one has a right over his actions but he has no right over the result of his actions. Every situation which we are facing inluding death is a result of our actions in this or any previous birth. Human beings have a very limited knowledge. They do not even know about their previous birth. But the God sees them and their ations in unlimited number of births and deaths and awards the result of their actions. Who will know except God the actions which brought death to the 200,000 people who died in tsunami.

All deaths are not untimely. A person who dies after living a purposeful life is not grieved at his death. Death has come to him timely. Only those who meet untimely death are grieved by others.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Dear Godiva Girl,

Your views are very similar to the principles of Karma Yoga as explained to Arjuna By Lord Krishna in Gita. You may like to read it.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Clint

US will cease to exist

Post by Clint »

Godiva Girl wrote: No one can predict when the end will come, only God himself knows when it will be the end. As far as death, I believe god takes a person when he decides it is their time to go from this earth. It does not matter if they are a good person or bad, if it is an untimely tragedy like an earthquake or a long battle with cancer. God takes you when he decides it is your time. I don't understand why god sometimes takes people in such tragic ways, maybe it's to make us stop and think about how precious life is. Thats the only reason I can think of, only God can answer that.
Agree. Without death we wouldn’t appreciate life nor, do I think we would make an effort to protect it. We sometimes concern ourselves with untimely death or the death of innocence. If an innocent child was indestructible what would be the motivation to love and care for it? Our fragile, fallible existence is someplace at the base of the need for love.
capt_buzzard

US will cease to exist

Post by capt_buzzard »

Clint wrote: Jerusalem Post

A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.......

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellitep ... 980180248I heard these mullahs on PalTalk speaking about Iran the new nuclear power by 2007. Hot air on their part.
Suresh Gupta

US will cease to exist

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Hi Captain,

They perhaps mean, Islamic Bomb, a term used in Pakistan.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

capt_buzzard

US will cease to exist

Post by capt_buzzard »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Hi Captain,

They perhaps mean, Islamic Bomb, a term used in Pakistan.No, I don't think they meant that.
Ted

US will cease to exist

Post by Ted »

That sounds a lot like the boys that try to interpret "Revelation" in terms of the present time. Hot air.

Shalom

Ted :-6
capt_buzzard

US will cease to exist

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: That sounds a lot like the boys that try to interpret "Revelation" in terms of the present time. Hot air.

Shalom

Ted :-6I heard that back in 2001 on Iran Radio (English programe). :wah: But they were speaking about their nuclear power buildup by 2007
turbonium

US will cease to exist

Post by turbonium »

This story is yet another in a long line of dogmatic interpretation of religious documents. There are always radical interpretations of the Koran, the Bible, the Talmud, etc. twisted to fit in with current events to show they are proof of their religion as the one and only truth.

Logic and reason takes a back seat to the misguided interpretations of far too many zealots.
vilssss

US will cease to exist

Post by vilssss »

This man seems to have an over-active imagination. The U.S. will not cease to exist. Why would God cause the only thing decent in this world to simply vanish? If it wasn't for the U.S of A., this world would be in a mess. The U.S. stands for good in this world, dispite what those in the Persian Gulf and other parts of the world may say.
capt_buzzard

US will cease to exist

Post by capt_buzzard »

The US will always be there God Bless the US. Who in the right frame of mind would attack the US of A. But again, these mad al-Qa'ida & Co are not of sound mind.
tr0lle

US will cease to exist

Post by tr0lle »

I thought the op was liek "us" will cease to exist. ha!
stroganoff07

US will cease to exist

Post by stroganoff07 »

vilssss;76902 wrote: This man seems to have an over-active imagination. The U.S. will not cease to exist. Why would God cause the only thing decent in this world to simply vanish? If it wasn't for the U.S of A., this world would be in a mess. The U.S. stands for good in this world, dispite what those in the Persian Gulf and other parts of the world may say.

What good does america stand for?We live in a country where a considerable part of the population is either homeless or going in that direction,a country that has the highest incarceration rate of all the so called civilized world.A country where most people cringe at the site of somone of a diffferent look.slf
RedGlitter

US will cease to exist

Post by RedGlitter »

We live in a country that won't set fire to you if you burn your husband's dinner, for starters.

That won't cut off your hand for stealing a loaf of bread.

A country where you can freely express the opinion you just did.

While I disagree with the other person's remark about the US being the ONLY good thing in the world, I also disagree with yours. And once again we can all disagree with each other without getting killed.

:)
BTS

US will cease to exist

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;564176 wrote: We live in a country that won't set fire to you if you burn your husband's dinner, for starters.

That won't cut off your hand for stealing a loaf of bread.

A country where you can freely express the opinion you just did.

While I disagree with the other person's remark about the US being the ONLY good thing in the world, I also disagree with yours. And once again we can all disagree with each other without getting killed.

:)

U LOST MEEEE........ GEE-LITTER

OK NOW..........

quote who u are replying to so we know........K???
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Islam”