muslim burials

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
lemon_and_mint

muslim burials

Post by lemon_and_mint »

I am watching the burial of Benezir Bhutto on television.

As I understand it the muslim faith requires the burial of the dead to be before Friday.

As she was killed on Thursday, this required some extraordinary arrangements through the night.

Can anyone elaborate on why this is, and how it is done?
RedGlitter

muslim burials

Post by RedGlitter »

I am unable to come up with your answer, Lemon. Hopefully someone here will know. I did find interesting stuff on Muslim burial and noticed that even that had variances compared with some others.

http://www.isna.net/services/casc/questions.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_funeral
spot

muslim burials

Post by spot »

That Friday thing sounds as though it relates to the UK more than anything. I expect it's related to council and government offices being shut at weekends.

Traditionally Muslims bury within 24 hours. Legal obligations in the UK tend to disrupt that timetable. There can be requirements for autopsy, there are requirements for certification from offices which are shut at weekends and outside office hours. Getting someone buried within the traditional period here means avoiding the weekend. In practice a lot of burials take longer, it's not an article of religion that they should be performed that quickly, it's a cultural expectation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Daniyal

muslim burials

Post by Daniyal »

lemon_and_mint;748447 wrote: I am watching the burial of Benezir Bhutto on television.

As I understand it the muslim faith requires the burial of the dead to be before Friday.

As she was killed on Thursday, this required some extraordinary arrangements through the night.

Can anyone elaborate on why this is, and how it is done?

Hello lemon_and_mint

I Have A Book Called Muslim Funeral Rites . If You Have Some Question I'll Try To Answer Them If You Like Ok ! :)
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
spot

muslim burials

Post by spot »

Daniyal;909106 wrote: Hello lemon_and_mint

I Have A Book Called Muslim Funeral Rites . If You Have Some Question I'll Try To Answer Them If You Like Ok ! :)

The question's already there in the first post, go for it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Daniyal

muslim burials

Post by Daniyal »

spot;909183 wrote: The question's already there in the first post, go for it.

Then it must be wrong if you say it right !
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
spot

muslim burials

Post by spot »

Daniyal;909245 wrote: Then it must be wrong if you say it right !

As lemon_and_mint understands it, the Muslim faith requires the burial of the dead to be before Friday.

As she was killed on Thursday, this required some extraordinary arrangements through the night. Can you elaborate on why this is, and how it is done?

You have a book called Muslim Funeral Rites. I'm sure she'll be interested if you try to answer her question.
Daniyal

muslim burials

Post by Daniyal »

spot;909247 wrote: As lemon_and_mint understands it, the Muslim faith requires the burial of the dead to be before Friday.

As she was killed on Thursday, this required some extraordinary arrangements through the night. Can you elaborate on why this is, and how it is done?

You have a book called Muslim Funeral Rites . I'm sure she'll be interested if you try to answer her question.

Minding I See , I'll Wait Until She Answer My Post I'll Be More Then Happen To Help Her . I Wont Try To Get Her Bannded . Because Doesn't Agree With My Answer Or Give Her A Warning .

spot

muslim burials

Post by spot »

Daniyal;909253 wrote: I'll Wait Until She Answer My Post I'll Be More Then Happen To Help Her .You hadn't noticed that she left in February then?

That's the problem with resurrecting dead threads.
Accountable

muslim burials

Post by Accountable »

Daniyal;909245 wrote: Then it must be wrong if you say it right !
That's Luther Ingram! :guitarist
Daniyal

muslim burials

Post by Daniyal »

spot;909267 wrote: You hadn't noticed that she left in February then?

Ever though Other Still Want To Know Hummmm .

spot

muslim burials

Post by spot »

Daniyal;909451 wrote: Ever though Other Still Want To Know Hummmm .

If you look back you'll see you addressed lemon_and_mint, not "Other". As in "Hello lemon_and_mint I Have A Book Called Muslim Funeral Rites . If You Have Some Question I'll Try To Answer Them If You Like Ok"? As opposed to "if Anyone"?

You hadn't noticed that she left in February then?

Accountable

muslim burials

Post by Accountable »

Daniyal;909451 wrote: Ever though Other Still Want To Know Hummmm .
Just broadcast it out there, then.

Return to “Islam”