Discuss the Muslim Faith.
capt_buzzard

war in iraq

Post by capt_buzzard »

I wish it would go away.
Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

World has become a global village. War in Iraq or any other place affectes the people all over the world financially, politically and even socially.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
jahamaa

war in iraq

Post by jahamaa »

Suresh Gupta wrote: World has become a global village. War in Iraq or any other place affectes the people all over the world financially, politically and even socially.

Hello friend Suresh.

I agree with you and the waters have become muddy when trying to decide what is the world's business and what is not, hasn't is. It is becoming very hard to decide when world interference is waranted and when the world should stay out.
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

jahamaa wrote: Hello friend Suresh.

I agree with you and the waters have become muddy when trying to decide what is the world's business and what is not, hasn't is. It is becoming very hard to decide when world interference is waranted and when the world should stay out.

You are right. I also agree with Capt_Buzzard and share his wish that war would go away and peace will prevail. And it can become a certainty if only countries of this world come out of their narrow power driven agenda.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

friend

war in iraq

Post by friend »

Salaam

Bush's Uncle Makes $450K Off Iraq War

The war in Iraq has helped President Bush's uncle make at least $450,000 in war-related profits.

This according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. William Bush - who is known to the president as Uncle Bucky - sits on the board of the St. Louis-based defense contractor Engineered Support Systems.

The company supplies armor and other materials to U.S. troops. The company's stock prices have soared to record heights since the invasion, in part because it received no-bid contracts to rapidly refit fleets of military vehicles with extra armor.

Last month William Bush exercised options on over 8,000 shares of company stock. He made around $450,000 on the deal.

William Bush joined the company's board in 2000 before his nephew was elected and claims he hasn't used his family's connections to help win contracts.

But a spokesperson to the company admitted to the Los Angeles Times "Having a Bush doesn't hurt." William Bush's older brother is the former President George H.W. Bush.

The company has been openly admitted that the country's ongoing wars has helped business.

In its quarterly earnings report a year ago, the company's Vice Chairman and Chief Executive said: "The increasing likelihood for a prolonged military involvement in Southwest Asia by U.S. forces well into 2006 has created a fertile environment for the type of support ... products and services that we offer."

:lips:
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

friend wrote: Salaam

The war in Iraq has helped President Bush's uncle make at least $450,000 in war-related profits.

This according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. William Bush - who is known to the president as Uncle Bucky - sits on the board of the St. Louis-based defense contractor Engineered Support Systems.

The company supplies armor and other materials to U.S. troops. The company's stock prices have soared to record heights since the invasion, in part because it received no-bid contracts to rapidly refit fleets of military vehicles with extra armor.

Last month William Bush exercised options on over 8,000 shares of company stock. He made around $450,000 on the deal.

William Bush joined the company's board in 2000 before his nephew was elected and claims he hasn't used his family's connections to help win contracts.

But a spokesperson to the company admitted to the Los Angeles Times "Having a Bush doesn't hurt." William Bush's older brother is the former President George H.W. Bush.

The company has been openly admitted that the country's ongoing wars has helped business.

In its quarterly earnings report a year ago, the company's Vice Chairman and Chief Executive said: "The increasing likelihood for a prolonged military involvement in Southwest Asia by U.S. forces well into 2006 has created a fertile environment for the type of support ... products and services that we offer."

If you are in an armaments production industry how can you not expect its profits to go up if you are in a war where your product is needed? What a stupid post. I'm sure that if research was done about your family there would be some that would look just as dumb and probably more corrupt than you are alleging that GW's uncle is. Get a life.
capt_buzzard

war in iraq

Post by capt_buzzard »

Sorry Friend, I'm not into ISLAM.
Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Dear Friend,

War has become an industry, some win and some loose.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

friend

war in iraq

Post by friend »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Dear Friend,

War has become an industry, some win and some loose.
Salaam

you are right ...but what is the price of that ?what about the souls of the USA's soldiers??
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

you are right ...but what is the price of that ?what about the souls of the USA's soldiers??

Get a life, eh!

You are sounding a whole lot like some one else?

The souls are safe in the bosom of Allah or God. It's not where you are going.
Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

The people who make a living in war do not think about such things.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

jahamaa

war in iraq

Post by jahamaa »

If you mke your money suppling war material during a popular war like WWII your a herioc industrial giant.

If you make your money supplying the military during an unpopular war your a greedy capitalist.

Look at how many of the world's richest people made there money during wars

All over the world.

Wether they are heros or villians is subjective.

War helps business, no kidding, you need a press release to tell you that?

I've often said Hitler did more to end America's great depression than did FDR.

Not praising Hitlerjust stating that gearing up for war was what got our industry going.
BabyRider

war in iraq

Post by BabyRider »

:-5 :-5 :-5

The soldiers souls?? What does that MEAN? And Why, WHY, WHY do people not understand a very BASIC concept: Soldiers who enlist and fight for their country go into this profession KNOWING FULL WELL THAT THEY MAY DIE. That is what being a soldier means and thank heaven for the ones brave enough to do it. Their souls? By giving up their life for my freedom, I'd say they have a special place set aside for them wherever we end up when we die. Time to go shamelessly bump my "Thank a veteran" post... :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

I appreciate your sentiments.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

jahamaa wrote: If you mke your money suppling war material during a popular war like WWII your a herioc industrial giant.

If you make your money supplying the military during an unpopular war your a greedy capitalist.

Look at how many of the world's richest people made there money during wars

All over the world.

Wether they are heros or villians is subjective.

War helps business, no kidding, you need a press release to tell you that?

I've often said Hitler did more to end America's great depression than did FDR.

Not praising Hitlerjust stating that gearing up for war was what got our industry going.

This war or that war. The fact is that war is an industry like any other industry. People who run this industry promote war by all means at their command. It is also a fact that wars accelerate research but at the cost of large-scale destruction.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

koan

war in iraq

Post by koan »

The war in Iraq is bigger than the war in Iraq.

Sometimes war may be necessary but sometimes it may be a diversion or a small part of something bigger that is being kept from us silly members of the public.

Unfortunately I can't explain my views so you may dismiss them if you wish.
kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: The war in Iraq is bigger than the war in Iraq.

Sometimes war may be necessary but sometimes it may be a diversion or a small part of something bigger that is being kept from us silly members of the public.

Unfortunately I can't explain my views so you may dismiss them if you wish.
I wouldn't dismiss anything you said in this post. It is accurate and precise. The only thing a lot of politicians want is the eyes off of them so they can fill their pockets with the loose change cash that is sitting around. Not all. But not necessarily a small minority either.

So many things that they could be doing?
jahamaa

war in iraq

Post by jahamaa »

Suresh Gupta wrote: This war or that war. The fact is that war is an industry like any other industry. People who run this industry promote war by all means at their command. It is also a fact that wars accelerate research but at the cost of large-scale destruction.
Promote War? Take advantage of yes but promote? Sorry, need more evidence before I'll beleive this. Look at it from this standpoint.

I think the biggest misdirection of the actions in the Middle East is that it is about oil. In my opinion it is not.

The money people do not want cheap oil, they don't want free oil. They want a system in place of which they can take advantage.

Look at Eron, they never got their hands dirty by touching any oil or natural gas they just signed a few papers and made billions of dollars.

Anything that disrupts the system is an unknown that they cannot exploit at will.

Look around at the people making money off the economic system now in place in the world. The ones who make money off war are the small fish in the world's money system.

I often wonder if wars are not just a misdirection to keep the little gray masses, of which I am one,looking at something other than what is happening in the world.

Before you dismiss this idea ask yourself what would the world have been focused on if not the war in Iraq. How much passed us by because we were looking at the war?

As long as the people in the Middle East are willing to sell the oil there will not be a war over oil. The powers that be want the system in place because it is the system that makes the money, not the oil.

I truly belive that saying wars are promoted to make money is not entirly true, although it maybe partly true.

The moneymen don't want the system disrupted. In my opinion it is the people who exploit the system who are the true powers that be.

The ones who make money by dealing in materials are the little fish that feed off the sharks leavings.
KnightDeBrian

war in iraq

Post by KnightDeBrian »

but dont you think bush made the right choice? as far as the choice he made after september 11th?
When I raise my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgement I will take vengence upon mine enemies. Oh, Lord raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy Saints.
BTS

war in iraq

Post by BTS »

KnightDeBrian wrote: but dont you think bush made the right choice? as far as the choice he made after september 11th?

Knight:

I can go on and on but will let my nephew in Bagdad tell it like it is.

He wrote this last year before election and a lot that has happened

BTS

I want to share this story from my nephew in bagdad. I encourage all to share and spread....... He is a GREAT AMERICAN with a GREAT story. Robert

Uncle Robert,

I have a friend in Hawaii who has asked me to write about some of my experiences over here. She is trying to push a few people off the fence for the upcoming elections and wanted my personal insights into what I have seen. Here is a story I wrote for her that I thought you might like to read.

Here's a story for you about a man named Abbas Al-Janabi. Just another hard to pronounce arabic name? There's a lot more to him than that. Abbas was a good father, a good business man and a friend. Abbas was your average everyday Iraqi citizen. He started working with the U.S. Army in 2003 by procuring and selling goods to different units. He could get you anything you needed or wanted; from print cartridges, office furniture and supplies, satellite TV, cell phones to labor. He charged fair prices and never asked to make a profit on the labor he provided. He asked that we pay the workers directly so they could make more money. I met Abbas a couple of days after I arrived in Iraq. He was introduced to me by my counterpart in the unit we replaced and given a very good reference.

Abbas recognized early on that things were changing drastically in his country and he didn't want to get left behind. He decided to become an entrepreneur. Most importantly, he also recognized the value of fair business practices. He was very personable and humble. After he learned that I was married, he asked me the name of my wife. He never forgot her name and would ask me if Amy was well every time I saw him. He had a family too. His wife's name is Imam and he had a son and two daughters. A few weeks ago, he told me about how he was fixing up his house. Most of the homes in Baghdad are surrounded by garbage, dust and rubble. He told me how he had cleaned it all up and had installed a swimming pool in his back yard. He was very proud of his swimming pool. One could say he was living the American Dream, only he was an Iraqi, living in Baghdad.

That dream came to end at 2:00 a.m. on August 1, 2004. Some people didn't like that Abbas was prosperous. Some people didn't like the fact that because he was working hard, he was able to provide for his family and even have a few luxuries. These people decided that Abbas and his family didn't deserve to live. They crashed into his home and shot and killed everyone in the house. Not only was Abbas murdered, but so was his 11 year-old son, his brother and his brother's two young children. Then they looted his home. Luckily, Imam and their two daughters were staying with family that night, or they would have been murdered too. I have asked Abbas if he ever recieved threats. His response was always to shrug his shoulders and say something to the affect that is part of the world he lives in and that threats like that are rarely carried out. He never went anywhere without his MP5 submachine gun. I wish he would have had the opportunity to use it.

What these people did was pure evil. It was completely inhuman. The worst part about it is they will never be held accountable for what they did. One of our workers was Abbas' next door neighbor. According to him, these people did not murder Abbas because he was doing business with Americans. They murdered him only because of what he had. We Americans certainly have our own version of class envy, but this is ridiculous!

Abbas is gone now and those of us who knew him, miss him. I lost a friend. All but one of his workers quit their high paying jobs that I gave them because they were afraid that they would be next. The high paying jobs that I gave them earned them $10 per day to fill sandbags, pick up garbage, move cement bags and do carpentry work. This is about twice as much as they can make working anywhere else. Many of them used to work for Saddam building his palaces. Saddam paid them $2 per day.

The one workerwho stayed on, Fuad, has decided to take his life into his own hands. Fuad is an unassuming little fellow. He stands a slender 5'4" high or so, doesn't speak a lick of English and favors wearing chino pants, a golf shirt and a fishing hat. He has recruited a new work force and become the "boss". This earned him a raise to $20 per day (more than most doctors make). He has also decided to take over Abbas' role as a vendor. Fuad knows what he's getting into. He is no stranger to violence. He has a plastic leg because an insurgent mortar round took his real leg. He also has some grotesque scars on his arm, chest and abdomen from his encounter with that mortar round. Fuad has picked up the dream and is running with it. Fuad wants to move up to the middle class. I wish him the best and hope that he succeeds. When the violence in Iraq is finally stopped, it will be people like Abbas and Fuad who will take their country to success. American servicemembers may be the heros in most Americans minds, and they should be, but guys like Abbas and Fuad should be the heros of the Iraqi people. They have the same drive to build something that made America as great as it is. They can do it here, we just need to give them the chance.

A lot of people have asked, why we are here. The short answer is that we are here to protect American interests. What then, are the bases of American interests? To me the simple answer to this question is to replace tyrany with freedom and liberty. I watched a speech by President Bush yesterday as he addressed the Veterans of Foreign Wars. His position is that free societies are peaceful societies and I agree with him. He said that we are trying to help Iraq and Afghanistan develop into free societies and he hopes that it will spread to other parts of the region. I agree with and support his efforts 100%. It is a worthwhile effort.

People never hear about the individuals involved in this process. They hear from the "retired generals club" (arm-chair quarterbacks), the critics, nay-sayers and everything negative. We hear terms like "quagmire" and "shock and awe". We hear the statistics about how many servicemembers have been killed since it all started, but we never hear about what those people did. How many people's lives did they impact? How many times did they help out a family? How many times did they make a child smile? How many lives did they save, Americans or otherwise?

Where is the reporting on all the great things we have done over here? I see Iraqis denouncing the Americans on TV everyday just like you do. I have an advantage over you though. I have driven the streets of Baghdad and I've been out in the countryside. You know what I see? I see people waving and cheering us everywhere we go. I see children on the side of the road fascinated by all the big trucks they see rolling by. I see the smile on their faces when you throw an old man a cold bottle of water as you drive by. I see the delight in kids' eyes when you toss them candy, or sometimes more importantly, a meal. They don't hate us and they certainly aren't afraid of us. You have to almost beat the kids off with a stick whenever you stop on a street. When they do this, their parents aren't far away, watching to make sure junior doesn't get in trouble, but always with a wave and a smile for us "evil" Americans. Where is the reporting on that? What about all the people who now have water, sewer and electric service for the first time in more than 13 years? You'll never see a story on CNN about that. What about when we find families squatting in stables or garbage dumps, then help them to find a place to live? Ever see a story on CNN about that? You won't hear about it, but it happens. I know it happens because I have done it. Just last week I helped relocate six families who were squatting in some of Saddam's old horse stables into homes.

I've seen first hand that this place is in a shambles, but it's not from this war. Sure you see the odd bombed out building here and there that was most likely bombed by the Coalition, but the rest is a result of neglect on the part of an evil dictator who let his people slip into or close to poverty while he hoarded money and built palaces. I heard it said on a documentary that Iraq is a first world country that was put under the rule of a third world dictator for 30 years. It's true. This country has the resources to be one of the most prosperous in the world, yet it has all been wasted. We hope to change that.

I wanted to share Abbas' story because he was a part of all of this. He was a real person with a real life that was cut short by evil. It is the same brand of evil that killed so many Americans on September 11, 2001. There are literally thousands of stories in Iraq similar to those of Abbas Al-Janabi. These are stories of good people, who only want to live free and have the opportunity for success. They are not religious fanatics. They have their faith, the same as most Americans do, but they don't try to force it on anyone and only want to live in peace. Unfortunately, like Abbas' fate, many of these stories end in tragedy. Stuff like this happens over here every day. Do you ever see stories like this on the news? Is there ever an outrage or a call for justice? Abbas was not filthy rich, he was middle class. Imagine if this happened in America. The media coverage would be overwhelming. There would be countless hours of coverage on the manhunt for the killers and then the trial would be a complete circus dominating the news for months. The reality here is that there will be no manhunt for Abbas' killers. It's not important enough to waste resources on because of all of the other nut cases who are causing more trouble than simply murdering a few innocent people in their beds in the middle of the night.

Forget about whether or not there are weapons of mass destruction, it really doesn't matter anymore and I don't think it really ever mattered. I had to come here to come to that realization. Think instead about what these people deserve and how our country will be better off in the long run when we succeed in giving it to them. They deserve the right to choose their own destiny instead of being oppressed by a minority of whackos and thugs. These are the same whackos who, if given the opportunity, would just as readily murder you and your family as they did Abbas and his family. Think about this: If we don't stop them here, they might just get that opportunity some day. Love, Rusty HSC [/email]

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

The U.S. has created a much more dangerous world with it's criminal and reckless invasion of yet another 3rd World nation. The fact Downtown Baghdad still isn't secured proves the dusk of American imperialism is closing in. I have no choice but to sympathize with the courageous Iraqi Resistance in it's efforts to defend their country from Christian invaders. Elements of the Resistance are terrorists, but not all. Fighting one of the world's most powerful militaries is a daunting task for anyone who dares question the murderous logic of the Bush Mafia. Peasants can only use guerilla tactics and small scale pinprick attacks against such an aggressor. It would be interesting to see if the U.S. could ever take on someone their own size. Without the USSR the war in Europe would have lasted much longer. We failed to subdue and exploit Vietnam, Somalia, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else except of course the brave Battle of Grenada!! Unfortunately with 5th Century logic running my nation we will see more instability and a rising rival economic/military superpower that will hopefully temper the bloodthirsty chimp named George Bush. Other than that I'm pretty moderate.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
anastrophe

war in iraq

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: The U.S. has created a much more dangerous world with it's criminal and reckless invasion of yet another 3rd World nation. The fact Downtown Baghdad still isn't secured proves the dusk of American imperialism is closing in. I have no choice but to sympathize with the courageous Iraqi Resistance in it's efforts to defend their country from Christian invaders. Elements of the Resistance are terrorists, but not all. Fighting one of the world's most powerful militaries is a daunting task for anyone who dares question the murderous logic of the Bush Mafia. Peasants can only use guerilla tactics and small scale pinprick attacks against such an aggressor. It would be interesting to see if the U.S. could ever take on someone their own size. Without the USSR the war in Europe would have lasted much longer. We failed to subdue and exploit Vietnam, Somalia, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else except of course the brave Battle of Grenada!! Unfortunately with 5th Century logic running my nation we will see more instability and a rising rival economic/military superpower that will hopefully temper the bloodthirsty chimp named George Bush. Other than that I'm pretty moderate.
so why are you in kansas city? isn't there a better country you could move to?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

anastrophe wrote: so why are you in kansas city? isn't there a better country you could move to?
I can think of dozens of countries I'd LOVE to visit but I am an American. I oppose the political system in this country. Because of that I'm expected to leave?? I'm glad the revolutionaries of the 1770's didn't follow that prescription! I love the people (most of them) the land, our history (good & bad) and my place here as a citizen. The worst thing an opponent of the current regime can do is go somewhere with a system I like already in place! Living in the belly of the beast is most important.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

Nice post bts. There is a lot to dislike about America but there is more to like about what it is doing in the world.

813 why don't you try using your atitude in someplace like Iraq. You could join Abbas and his family real easy. All you have to do is think about being successful for yourself and your country. You can ridicule America or whatever but that won't change the fact that you are quite safe in her bosom. Belly of the beast is a nice hippie cliche but it doesn't hold water in the scheme of things. I wouldn't want to leave and face reality either. The fact is that if you don't stop it there you will have to stop it here.

I don't think anastrophe was thinking of you visiting other countries. I think that he was suggesting that you go live there.
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

Sorry Kensloft. This commie ain't goin nowhere! I realize crushing dissent is the New World Order but we can't let it happen under the current junta. (I hate hippies btw!)

kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

David813 wrote: Sorry Kensloft. This commie ain't goin nowhere! I realize crushing dissent is the New World Order but we can't let it happen under the current junta. (I hate hippies btw!)
:cool:
koan

war in iraq

Post by koan »

David813 wrote: Sorry Kensloft. This commie ain't goin nowhere! I realize crushing dissent is the New World Order but we can't let it happen under the current junta. (I hate hippies btw!)

Why don't you tell us about everything you hate while your at it. I'm sure we're all very interested :rolleyes:
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

I'm not taking the bait.

koan

war in iraq

Post by koan »

David813 wrote: I'm not taking the bait.
Then you did take it and I thank you.
anastrophe

war in iraq

Post by anastrophe »

koan wrote: Why don't you tell us about everything you hate while your at it. I'm sure we're all very interested :rolleyes:
actually, i'd be far more interested in what, if anything, david813 considers *good* about america, its political systems, its leadership, its government, its social structure, its economic structure, its class systems.

are all of these things implicitly corrupt and hated by you? if so, were they *all* implicitly corrupt and hated by you during clinton's administration?

what i'm driving at is that for all the inflammatory rhetoric, i wonder if there's any actual heart behind it.
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

I love thunderstorms, cats, dogs, birds, wild animals, the ocean, hot fudge sundaes, Friday's off, my family, snowy football Sunday's, pizza, driving, swimming, almost all kinds of music, scary movies, new magazines Ilove the smell!) clean air, cable tv, books, traveling, singing to myself in the car, mowing my lawn, hot cocoa, trains and frisbee with my 8yr old nephew.

David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

koan wrote: Then you did take it and I thank you.

I feel only love for you koan. After all you are a cat person. (smiley face!)

Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

David813 wrote: I love thunderstorms, cats, dogs, birds, wild animals, the ocean, hot fudge sundaes, Friday's off, my family, snowy football Sunday's, pizza, driving, swimming, almost all kinds of music, scary movies, new magazines Ilove the smell!) clean air, cable tv, books, traveling, singing to myself in the car, mowing my lawn, hot cocoa, trains and frisbee with my 8yr old nephew.

A long menu. You need peace for it to be served.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

koan wrote: Why don't you tell us about everything you hate while your at it. I'm sure we're all very interested :rolleyes:

Don't ask people to tell what they hate, ask them what they love.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

I agree. But the clique opposes my views and soon I will be silenced.

David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Don't ask people to tell what they hate, ask them what they love.

Karesh Gupta, koan is a hater. She provokes newcomers so they'll cross the line and be banished. A fairy princess type if you will. I'm into political discussion. That is not in the Fairy Princesses' interest column. Just hope the princess doesn't see you associating with me or she'll cast a spell and you'll be cast to the dungeons!!

koan

war in iraq

Post by koan »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Don't ask people to tell what they hate, ask them what they love.
D'ja see the little sarcastic smiley?

Sorry to break it to you, David. It's a dog. But it thinks it's a cat...does that count?

anastrophe

war in iraq

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: I love thunderstorms, cats, dogs, birds, wild animals, the ocean, hot fudge sundaes, Friday's off, my family, snowy football Sunday's, pizza, driving, swimming, almost all kinds of music, scary movies, new magazines Ilove the smell!) clean air, cable tv, books, traveling, singing to myself in the car, mowing my lawn, hot cocoa, trains and frisbee with my 8yr old nephew.that's all nice, but totally unresponsive to my query.

about what i expected.
anastrophe

war in iraq

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: I agree. But the clique opposes my views and soon I will be silenced.
dream on. those intent on only inflammatory rhetoric, not action, love to believe they are 'oppressed'.
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

Anastrophe, What I love about America? I've said this before: The people, the land. I love the social welfare net, polite DMV personnel, public schools, good urban hospitals, our movie/tv world, unions, student protesters and you. When is the test over??

David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

koan wrote: D'ja see the little sarcastic smiley?

Sorry to break it to you, David. It's a dog. But it thinks it's a cat...does that count?

My boo-boo. Adorable dog.

David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

Anasstrophy, What do you know of my political activism?? Because I'm at FG I'm NOT active in my beliefs and the SWP?? What constitutes active in your view?? I am kneeling kind sir. Shall I make a film about my political history, my heart and.....what else do you want? My rhetoric is good enough for a late night FM public radio show but not for a guy in Sonoma. I guess I'll have to absorb that blow.

kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

David813 wrote: I feel only love for you koan. After all you are a cat person. (smiley face!)
The cat, incidentally, is a dog. Good one.
lady cop

war in iraq

Post by lady cop »

David813 wrote: Anasstrophy, ...:( sophomoric at best.
kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

David813 wrote: Karesh Gupta, koan is a hater. She provokes newcomers so they'll cross the line and be banished. A fairy princess type if you will. I'm into political discussion. That is not in the Fairy Princesses' interest column. Just hope the princess doesn't see you associating with me or she'll cast a spell and you'll be cast to the dungeons!!
You are what you speak or in this case what you write.
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

You are correct. I am a Fairy Princess as well. Go ahead! Laugh!!!!!

kensloft

war in iraq

Post by kensloft »

David813 wrote: Anasstrophy, What do you know of my political activism?? Because I'm at FG I'm NOT active in my beliefs and the SWP?? What constitutes active in your view?? I am kneeling kind sir. Shall I make a film about my political history, my heart and.....what else do you want? My rhetoric is good enough for a late night FM public radio show but not for a guy in Sonoma. I guess I'll have to absorb that blow.
Aside from being a great radio personality on the fm dial do you realize that everything that you are saying has nothing to do with the thread. If you want to talk about being oppressed by the established order then why don't you start a thread denouncing it and that will take care of that. If not then keep off this thread with your heroics of being the poor oppressed commie!
David813

war in iraq

Post by David813 »

I understand and will stay on subject from now on. I'm not sure how to make a thread of my own. And this thread, on Iraq? I'm opposed to the war.

Suresh Gupta

war in iraq

Post by Suresh Gupta »

David813 wrote: I understand and will stay on subject from now on. I'm not sure how to make a thread of my own. And this thread, on Iraq? I'm opposed to the war.

I am also opposed to the war.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Return to “Islam”