Dhu'l Qurnain

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
Bill Sikes

Dhu'l Qurnain

Post by Bill Sikes »

Hi Kash, if I may call you that - you seem to be talking to yourself!

Is that film really that much of a problem? It's only a film, after all.
A Karenina

Dhu'l Qurnain

Post by A Karenina »

kash567 wrote: America, you thought you could make the Great, gay in your stupid movie. There is no truth other than the truth of the Book, and al-Khidr is Alexander the Great, peace be upon him. If it so written then it is so true. Don't believe America, they are heading for a waterfall, whilst we struggle against the flow, they ride the current but no not the end but it is the fall into the abyss
Uh-huh....so you're saying that Alexander the Great was a good guy, even though he waged war on other countries to fulfill his own personal ambitions, killing innocents along the way, and enslaving other countries...but he was an ok guy?

While millions of Americans are bad and heading for ruin because Hollywood produced a movie depicting what was a very accepted sexual practice in that time and place?

You claim this narcissistic, brutal, perverted SOB as one of your own? Go ahead, we don't want him...what a waste of human potential...all that genius, used for what?

I wonder how you have time and breath to judge strangers as you "struggle against the flow". Perhaps your energies would be better directed towards saving your own soul instead of trying to stir up anger and controversy over complete nonsense.

You sound exactly like my ex-boyfriend. Ugh!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
A Karenina

Dhu'l Qurnain

Post by A Karenina »

kash567 wrote: My answer to you, is who cares about humanity, we live in a capitalist environment, laisez faire economics, and your telling me those fools who talk of ending world poverty really care about humanity, and America gives a crap about humanity in its conquest of Iraq, no one cares about humanity, other than a fool.

All you hear are arguments by humanitarians, human rights activists, they are all liars and hypocrits. who cares about humanity, anyway?
Who cares about humanity....Suddenly, I am sad for you. What has happened to you to make you so angry, so mistrusting of everyone?

Many people care about humanity. Maybe they are fools, maybe they aren't - who can say? But they actively care. They donate to causes, they make things that other people need, they offer their time and talents, etc. You can call them hypocrites and fools, you can condemn them for the system they were born to, you can do whatever you like. But at least they are out there doing something about the problems they see. What do you do?

Perhaps you hold the solution to the world's problems in your palm. To find out, you'll have to unclench your fist to see it.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Return to “Islam”