There are thousands of men -- and women, too, I believe -- who are at heart Muslims

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
capt_buzzard

There are thousands of men -- and women, too, I believe -- who are at heart Muslims

Post by capt_buzzard »

Abdullah wrote:

Lord Headley Al-Farooq (England)

Peer, Statesman, and Author

About the Author:

Lord Headley al-Farooq (Rt. Hon. Sir Rowland George Allanson) was born in 1855 A.D. and was a leading British peer, statesman and author. Educated in Cambridge, he became a peer in 1877, served in the army as a captain and later on as Lieut. Colonel in 4th Battalion of North Minister Fusiliers. Although an engineer by profession he had wide literary tastes. One time he was the editor of the "Salisbury Journal". He was also the author of several books, most well known amongst them being: A Western Awakening to Islam. Lord Headley embraced Islam on 16th November 1913(8) and adopted the Muslim name of Shaikh Rahmatullah al-Farooq. The Lord was a widely travelled man and he visited India in 1928.

It is possible some of my friends may imagine that I have been influenced by Muslims; but this is not the cause, for my present convictions are solely the outcome of many years of thought. My actual conversations with educated Muslims on the subject of religion only commenced a few weeks ago, and need I say that I am overjoyed to find that all my theories and conclusions are entirely in accord with Islam.

Conversion, according to the Koran, should come out of free choice and spontaneous judgement, and never be attained by means of compulsion. Jesus meant the same thing when he said to his disciples: "And whosoever shall not receive you nor hear you, when ye depart there ... (St. Mark, vi, 2).

I have known very many instances of zealous Protestants who have thought it their duty to visit Roman Catholic homes in order to make 'converts' of the inmates. Such irritating and unneighbourly conduct is, of course, very obnoxious, and has invariably led to much ill-feeling -- stirring up strife and tending to bring religion into contempt. I am sorry to think that Christian missionaries have also tried these methods with their Muslim brethren; though, I am at a loss to conceive, why should they try to convert those who are already better Christians than they are themselves? I say 'better Christians' advisedly, because charity, tolerance and broad-mindedness in the Muslim faith come nearer to what Christ himself taught than do the somewhat narrow tenets of the various Christian Churches.

To take one example: the Athnasian Creed, which treats the Trinity in a very confusing manner. In this Creed, which is very important and deals conclusively with one of the fundamental tenets of the 'Churches', it is laid down most clearly that it represents the Catholic faith, and that if we do not believe it we shall perish everlastingly. Then we are told that we must think of the Trinity if we want to be saved - in other words that the idea is of a God whom we in one breath hail as merciful and almighty and in the very next breath whom we accuse of injustice and cruelty, qualities which we would attribute to the most blood-thirsty human tyrant. As if God, Who is before all and above all, would be in any way influenced by what a poor mortal 'thinks of the Trinity'.

Here is another instance of want of charity. I received a letter -- it was of my leaning towards Islam -- in which the writer told me that if I did not believe in the Divinity of Christ I could not be saved. The question of the Divinity of Christ never seemed to me nearly so important as that other question: 'Did he give God's message to mankind?' Now if I had any doubt this latter point it would worry me a great deal, but thank God, I have no doubts, and I hope that my faith in Christ and his inspired teachings is as firm as that of any other Muslim or Christian. As I have often said before, Islam and Christianity, as taught by Christ himself, are sister religions, only held apart by dogmas and technicalities which might very well be dispensed with.

In the present day men are prone to become atheists when asked to subscribe to dogmatic and intolerant beliefs, and there is doubtless a craving for a religion appealing to the intelligence as well as to the sentiments of men. Whoever heard of a Muslim turning atheist? There may have been some cases, but I very much doubt it.

There are thousands of men -- and women, too, I believe -- who are at heart Muslims, but convention, fear of adverse comments, and desire to avoid any worry or change, conspire to keep them from openly admitting the fact. I have taken the step, though I am quite aware that many friends and relatives now look upon me as a lost soul and past praying for. And yet I am just the same in my beliefs as I was twenty years ago; it is the outspoken utterance which has lost me their good opinion.

Having briefly given some of the reasons for adopting the teachings of Islam, and having explained that I consider myself by that very act a far better Christian than I was before, I can only hope that others will follow the example -- which I honestly believe is a good one -- which will bring happiness to any one looking upon the step as one in advance rather than one in any way hostile to true Christianity. Hostile?Oh Now, Abdullah come off your podium. Teaching of Islam and Christianity does not cause one to murder innocent men,women and children.
abbey

Post by abbey »

And still the quotes keep coming!!! :-5 :-5

USE YER BRAINS MAN/WOMAN...
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

As I said before. Religion is bad for your health. Give it a miss :driving:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

:yh_ttth
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

Post by abbey »

Ab-DULL-ah hon, please" GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY".. :rolleyes:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

abbey wrote: Ab-DULL-ah hon, please" GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY".. :rolleyes:
Multiply???!!!?!?!??!?!!! You don't seriously want MORE like this out there, do you?? :yh_rotfl
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

abbey

Post by abbey »

BabyRider wrote: Multiply???!!!?!?!??!?!!! You don't seriously want MORE like this out there, do you?? :yh_rotfl
Sorry hunny, must be a Brit saying it means.. erm... trying to think of a nice way of putting it.. er... f*** o**!! :o
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

See, manners don't ALWAYS pay off...No cussing in the Garden, huh? Too bad, I've got some choice words for this guy.

I figured you were being sarcastic, Abbey... :yh_sweat :)
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

BabyRider wrote: See, manners don't ALWAYS pay off...No cussing in the Garden, huh? Too bad, I've got some choice words for this guy.

I figured you were being sarcastic, Abbey... :yh_sweat :) that's what I like about the Americans. They can belt you blind in their own back yard, but do leave it there. Thanks BabyRider
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sounds like an "Impatient" to me -- an Orange one..Impatients are nice annuals, they just cannot handle heat! Direct sunshine -- a killer! A very tender plant. Yes plants have a sexual orientation too, ask the bees, they may be able to help you in that area.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Let's see,

Muslims, go kill the infidels, if you die while doing so you go to heaven and get some virgins. Here are some explosives, have at it.

Christians, love thy neighbor, forgive trespassers. Do not murder. Love your enemies.

I thought Jehovahs Witnesses were bad, but these muslims take the cake.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
koan

Post by koan »

It is always interesting to me to hear how people came to a religion. I have met a number of Christians who converted to Islam and are very happy. I also know a number of Christians who are very happy and will never convert.

Again with the "don't call all Muslims terrorists". Please. My brother is a Muslim and is one of the kindest people I know.

Is there some history here with Abdullah that I don't know about?

There is nothing wrong with posting something about one's religion. I didn't notice the post saying that anyone would go to hell if they didn't agree.
abbey

Post by abbey »

koan wrote: Is there some history here with Abdullah that I don't know about?

There is nothing wrong with posting something about one's religion. I didn't notice the post saying that anyone would go to hell if they didn't agree.

Koan, you're right in what you say there is nothing wrong with posting about ones religion, i read all your posts and although i am an atheist i envy your spirituality and your beliefs, Teds posts can also be very enlightening, you both come on here and respect the fact that we all have our beliefs and don't try to convert us.

Abdullah's posts on the other hand can be very forceful and very rude, forever ramming his "qoutes" down our throats, of course he/she knows that the majority of users on this forum are westerners and christian and so theirs practicaly no chance of conversion, and he/she must know that the posts are upsetting the other users, he/she never responds to any posts that have been left & when he actually does its always with a compilation of quotes.

Maybe its me, maybe i misread his posts/quotes, but i feel that he blames the west for ALL the troubles of the world and unless you are a muslim you will burn forever in the fires of hell, that we are to blame for 9/11 that we are to blame for the cornershop running out of milk....

Koan, i have nothing against muslims or their faith, and live in an area where there is a large Asian/muslim community, no problem because none of them tell me constantly that I am to blame for their problems & never try to convert me to Islam..... :yh_peace
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Koan Thumpers :-5
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Lets see here, the Muslims blaming the westerners for all of their problems and admitting the need to destroy all infidels (non-believers) so that only followers of Allah are on the globe. This sounds very familiar. let me think........hmmmm. I got it, In stead of the westerners, replace with Jews and replace Muslims with Nazis and then Allah with Hitler. Yes history repeats itself again.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Koan, I mean no disrespect towards you. I know you said your brother is a muslim. Would you ask him what his definition of infidels is? Then ask him what the muslim position is on what should be done with infidels. Then ask yourself, if you fit into his definition as an infidel? Again, I am not trying to cause a problem here, but I am curious if what I've been taught is true regarding muslims and non-believers. My sister has converted to Judaism, so I understand having different faiths amongst siblings. Please let me know what he says. Thanks.
abbey

Post by abbey »

:-5 Abdullah, Judaism,protestant,catholic.....i'm Atheist, what are ya gonna hit me with??? :-5 best wishes from the local infidel....... :wah: :wah:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

WHOOOOOSH!!!!!

(That's the sound of Bullet's point going right over "Abdullah's" head.......)
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

abbey wrote: :-5 Abdullah, Judaism,protestant,catholic.....i'm Atheist, what are ya gonna hit me with??? :-5 best wishes from the local infidel....... :wah: :wah:
<---(fellow "infidel")
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Abdullah wrote:

I have now but a little time to live upon this earth and I mean to devote my all to Islam. :yh_worshp

Ah-h-h-h? Abdullah!?

I tend to agree with you up until a point. That being, that the Muslimism of good and righteousness, that you see in the potential Muslims that you see around you, is derivative of Christian and Judaic goodness and righteousness. You'll find it in most Americans that you meet whether they believe in religion or not.

It is nice to see that you are catching on to what is happenning around you, however, attempting to monopolize good, compassionate behaviour with being something that only comes about through your religion is stupid, at best and totally wrong, at worst.

That light of beauty, that you seem to affix yourself to, is inherent in all religions. What is the rule is that they are doing God's work. And in doing God's work they earn the beauty that comes with loving God.

The above writer that you spammed us with would have been much more eloquent had he said, "I have now but a little time to live upon this earth and I mean to devote my all to God.

That should give you an idea about looking at the world in realistic ways as opposed to spouting the copy and paste of other people's words.
koan

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Koan Thumpers :-5

I've had lots of things done to me in the past but I've never been "thumped" before. Whats it like? :yh_tong2
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

BabyRider wrote: WHOOOOOSH!!!!!

(That's the sound of Bullet's point going right over "Abdullah's" head.......)

Oh? Bullet.
koan

Post by koan »

Bullet wrote: Koan, I mean no disrespect towards you. I know you said your brother is a muslim. Would you ask him what his definition of infidels is? Then ask him what the muslim position is on what should be done with infidels. Then ask yourself, if you fit into his definition as an infidel? Again, I am not trying to cause a problem here, but I am curious if what I've been taught is true regarding muslims and non-believers. My sister has converted to Judaism, so I understand having different faiths amongst siblings. Please let me know what he says. Thanks.

I am interested to find out his response as well. Will let you know what he says if he answers.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I am interested to find out his response as well. Will let you know what he says if he answers.

Koan, somehow I am getting your messages, intended for Bullet, popping into my mailbox?

Nice name. Is it real or an alias?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Koan, somehow I am getting your messages, intended for Bullet, popping into my mailbox?

When you post in a thread you get notified the next time someone posts in the thread. Is this what you mean?

Nice name. Is it real or an alias?

It's an alias. A close friend told me I was a living Zen koan and I liked the reference.

Koan:It is a reference to examples that are meant to guide life; or in the case of Zen, these dictates are meant to be catalysts for awakening one's true/deep/pure nature.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: It's an alias. A close friend told me I was a living Zen koan and I liked the reference.

Koan:It is a reference to examples that are meant to guide life; or in the case of Zen, these dictates are meant to be catalysts for awakening one's true/deep/pure nature.

I am a Buddhist. The choice in deciphering your name and how you got it was, a: that you had hippie parents who gave the name to you or b: parents that didn't know that the name from the homeland was also used in Zen Buddhism?

Knowing what it meant also gave it the appeal of a calming, mysterious person.

Did yo know that the name for a Buddhist teacher, Roshi, translated into garbage can?

Thanks,

kensloft
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Abdullah. I will do as you and make my post via the copy and paste. Why don't you stop being a bone head?

Ah-h-h-h? Abdullah!?

I tend to agree with you up until a point. That being, that the Muslimism of good and righteousness, that you see in the potential Muslims that you see around you, is derivative of Christian and Judaic goodness and righteousness. You'll find it in most Americans that you meet whether they believe in religion or not.

It is nice to see that you are catching on to what is happenning around you, however, attempting to monopolize good, compassionate behaviour with being something that only comes about through your religion is stupid, at best and totally wrong, at worst.

That light of beauty, that you seem to affix yourself to, is inherent in all religions. What is the rule is that they are doing God's work. And in doing God's work they earn the beauty that comes with loving God.

The above writer that you spammed us with would have been much more eloquent had he said, "I have now but a little time to live upon this earth and I mean to devote my all to God.

That should give you an idea about looking at the world in realistic ways as opposed to spouting the copy and paste of other people's words.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: It is always interesting to me to hear how people came to a religion. I have met a number of Christians who converted to Islam and are very happy. I also know a number of Christians who are very happy and will never convert.

Again with the "don't call all Muslims terrorists". Please. My brother is a Muslim and is one of the kindest people I know.

Is there some history here with Abdullah that I don't know about?

Salam Alaykuim
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Abdullah wrote: Hi

tell me please , if you do not like what I copy&paste for you then I will leave the forum.

But the name here is Islam , then as a Muslim I can write what I find it usiful, and you can read it or leave it. :-5

If I will write my self them I have no time for that, and my english is not egough for that.

:driving:

peace

Abdullah,

The first thing you do is tell everyone that this is the Islam thread. If everybody did as you do then we'd get nowhere fast. What if everybody copied and pasted their favourite stories of people choosing their religions over the others? You are refusing to acknowledge that there are other religions in the world. They all should have the same God. Doesn't matter what you call him. It is God!

The purpose of the thread is to write to each other and clarify our positions. The key is that you do the writing. There is no other way to improve your writing skills than actually doing the writing.

People don't want to see that you can read. They want to see what you write because what you write is what is inside you. It is what makes you... you. The people here are not your enemies. They are people just like you. They are here to express themselves and they do so by writing what they feel inside of them.

It is this exchange of ideas and positions that helps everyone to see a little clearer when it comes to why the other people have their ways.

You may not write as much as you feel that you need to, but, you will be writing about your feelings. That is what counts. People will offer their opinions and they are right, wrong or partially right or wrong. It is up to you to seek the answers that may be forthcoming from their words.

Your letter, above, is eloquent. Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors etc. doesn't matter because you are expressing your feelings and thoughts. People appreciate this more than anything. They will be there to listen to you and offer whatever it is that they feel they should offer you as a rebuttal or reinforcement of your ideas and thoughts.

You must, also, allow others to express their feelings and thoughts. Remember, we just call Him/Her by different names. And those that don't believe in God doesn't mean that they aren't good people, and have the same moral principles that you have.

If you think that we don't want you to have the same things that we do here in your country, then you are in big trouble and a snowball in hell has more of a chance of being real than anything that you can come up with in your posts.

For instance, does the fact that Muslims have multiple wives come as the Word of God or is it that because of all of the fighting and killing that went on in the region during those times which then, in order to make up for the shortage of men that died in battle, helped to make the rules that were made concerning marriage in order to keep the women satisfied and populating the earth? Mohammed was a person and maybe he saw the social predicament the people he was going to leave had to live with after the ravages of religious war.

In Peace,

kensloft
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: I am a Buddhist. The choice in deciphering your name and how you got it was, a: that you had hippie parents who gave the name to you or b: parents that didn't know that the name from the homeland was also used in Zen Buddhism?

Knowing what it meant also gave it the appeal of a calming, mysterious person.

Did yo know that the name for a Buddhist teacher, Roshi, translated into garbage can?

Thanks,

kensloft

People tell me that I am calming and often mysterious. Thank you.

Roshi...very humorous.

koan

Post by koan »

Kensloft made some good points. There are many members who cut and paste but they also express their personal ideas and usually comment personally on the articles they post. There are not many here who will laugh at your spelling/grammar mistakes.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: People tell me that I am calming and often mysterious. Thank you.

Roshi...very humorous.

You are welcome.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Mohammed was a person and maybe he saw the social predicament the people he was going to leave had to live with after the ravages of religious war? This is a question that you did not answer.

I don't doubt that four wives is a stable relationship if you can afford it. You can see how it would cut down on adultery but adultery does occur, regardless of how many wies you have.

In your 'paint everything with the same brush' attitude you are stating that only in the west does the rape of sisters and daughters occur. You are wrong. If there is a human being, that is so inclined, then they will do it regardless of faith. In the West it is frowned upon and is a criminal offence if you get caught.

Because of the laws in these days the children who were abused can come out after whoever abused them years after the abuse has occurred. In order to better appreciate these laws you should consider that when the child is abused they don't know that it is wrong. They think it is normal. It is not until they see that it is not normal that the guilt and pain begins to eat at their souls.

While they are young and living at home they don't understand anything except that their home will be destroyed if they say anything. The abuser will say and act as if they will do anything including blaming the child for the abuse. They are alone. There is no one to turn to for help. When people that do these things are caught, they will go to jail to pay for their crimes. In any of the major religions it is looked upon as being a crime or sin that should be punished. Take into consideration, also, the children that will be born with birth defects.

I'm sure that these sexually transmitted diseases that you talk about are in every society including your own. Pointing fingers at where it came from is not going to cure the diseases. They have to be cured through research. Fifty years ago people died from syphilis, but today they don't because scientific research found the cures. People still have sex outside the confines of what is dictated by religion.

They are consenting adults that are acting on whatever it is that is motivating them. Love? Lust? Both? They do not live in a society where they are restricted by the blood honour that marks your social order. How many people have had their love destroyed because the families tell them who they are to marry?

It is this lack of free will that defines the difference between the Islamists and the West. Free to make your own choice as to how you want to live your life, where you want to live your life and who you want to live your life with into the future are the cornerstone of the Western thought. Male or female, it is your right to pick and choose your life path.

Any attempt to remove these rights will encounter the wrath of those who will fight to the end to protect these sacrosanct rights that are based on their beliefs that are grounded in their religion. It is the religions that you acknowledge in your beliefs, but pay no attention to, because you believe that your religion is the only one that offers heaven over hell.

You should get a dictionary or learn how to access a dictionary on the web. I say this because you may see some word that you don't understand but will pass on it because it is a word only. A word only can change the meaning of what is being written. Th thing about the English language is that it contains words from everywhere in the world. If you think arabic has a lot of words then think about how all kinds of languages think the same as you. English has taken the basic of most languages' words into its vocabulary. So when you speak english you are speaking, in a sense, the languages of the world.

The brain behind this evolution in language was brought about through Queen Elizabeth the first. The daughter of Henry the 8th who, when he didn't get the son he wanted as heir, had his wives executed because he probably thought that they could bear nothing but females. Definitely an uneducated guess.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: I've had lots of things done to me in the past but I've never been "thumped" before. Whats it like? :yh_tong2 Some speak of Bible Thumpers. I added Koan Thumpers from an Infidel :driving:
friend

Post by friend »

Bullet wrote: Koan, I mean no disrespect towards you. I know you said your brother is a muslim. Would you ask him what his definition of infidels is? Then ask him what the muslim position is on what should be done with infidels. Then ask yourself, if you fit into his definition as an infidel? Again, I am not trying to cause a problem here, but I am curious if what I've been taught is true regarding muslims and non-believers. My sister has converted to Judaism, so I understand having different faiths amongst siblings. Please let me know what he says. Thanks.

Al Salaamu Alyckum

I will answer your question ,In Islam Christians and Jewish called " People of the book " and another name ( Aril Al themmah )that Muslims must protect if they live with them and live with them peacefully As what happened in Spain in the past . we as Muslims believe in original Gospels and Torah .and we must believe that Jesus(puh) and Mosa (puh) are prophets of Allah .

Infidels in Islam are those whom didn't believe in Allah or they are polytheism or worship other things or persons with Allah . and Islam calls to fight the infidel leader who prevent his people from choosing their religion or believes not to fight people .people are free to choose their believes . what you read in the verses of Al Quraan about the fighting of the infidels was related to certain cases at the time of our prophet Mohammed (PUH) like tribe of Quriesh (his people in Makkah whom they worship idols and kill poor people and slaves ).

hope this can answer your question .

Thanks
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
friend

Post by friend »

Salaam

to those whom interested in this thread also Just for information ,here are some nice stories that related to the subject of this thread .

http://www.al-sunnah.com/stories.htm

Thanks
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

friend wrote: Salaam

to those whom interested in this thread also Just for information ,here are some nice stories that related to the subject of this thread .

http://www.al-sunnah.com/stories.htm

Thanks Then tell me this, why the She'ite Muslims and Sunny fighting? Northern Ireland - mid-east style :driving:
friend

Post by friend »

capt_buzzard wrote: Then tell me this, why the She'ite Muslims and Sunny fighting? Northern Ireland - mid-east style :driving:

Salaam

This is not related to this thread and to my reply,however I told you that they are lived together in many countries without any problem ( the difference between them was they think that after Mohameed (puh)death His cousin Ali must be Kaliefah (Leader) of Muslims ,other Muslims Whom called Sunnah prefer to follow Democracy method (Shoura) to choose the leader after Mohameed and they said if Mohameed wanted Ali to follow him he will informed that to Muslims but he always follow the principle of Al Shoura to choose the opinion of the majority of Muslims ) .

but now in Iraq we see that American political system (not American people ) produce problems and caused a local conflicts to decrease the attacks to their troops.

Thanks

Return to “Islam”